• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Question - Is /face fast xxxx yyyyy safe? (1 Viewer)

redraj

RedCents
571¢
I haven't come across anyone use this in their macros yet. It makes a 180 degree turn go from about a second to instant. Can speed up a lot of movement, especially when you have aggro and know where you are going - face next loc before moving.

Is the command safe to use?

Is there an inbetween command? Quarter second 180turn, Half second 180turn?

We have intentionally tried to stay away from the /face fast command. It is a dead giveaway that you are using a macro. There is no in between command, but what I do is predict where I need to be facing and try and start to face that direction in advance, just like you would do when you play your character.

hrmm, so the danger is just from other players. Checking if other players are within x range (I think I saw code for that in the afk section of kiss), if so then do a normal face, otherwise do a face fast would be okay?

Does it let you activate another command while the character is in the process of facing (like the move loops I see in kiss)?

Thank you

You can accomplish the instant 180 degree turn by scrolling out, then holding the Left mouse button while moving the mouse sideways, then Right clicking when your camera is facing where you want to face.
In case someone asks how you turn so fast...

Is there a way I can set my KA tank to do this automatically with mobs coming into camp? I wasn't familiar with the command before now.

find the Assist sub

Find this section of code at the bottom of the sub.

Rich (BB code):
        /if (${ValidTarget}) {
            /if (${Target.ID}!=${TempTargetID}) {
               /squelch /target clear
               /delay 10 !${Target.ID}
               /target id ${TempTargetID}
               /delay 10 ${Target.ID}
            }
           /varset MyTargetID ${Target.ID}
           /varset MyTargetName ${Target.CleanName}
           /if (${Role.Equal[tank]}) /face fast 
        }

Add the highlighted line.

Question - Is /face fast xxxx yyyyy safe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back