• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Is DoCrack safe or ? (1 Viewer)

WonderBoy

RedCents
What in it is safe and what in it should i probably not use.I saw attackevade in the list and was wondering what exactly that did.

This was asked in Jigs compile thread and Siddin fielded it.

http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?p=146801#post146801

Typically if something isn't "safe" (IE: insta-ban, or you will be banned within 2 days after use) then it will be mentioned in the original post in the compile thread now covered by Jigs.

As for attackevade I'm not sure, let me look at the docrack.ini

Ok quick guess is it lets you evade/hide even though attack is turned on, I'm assuming it turns attack off as well or that's going to be a short lived evasion / hide but maybe that's the point to drop agro I don't know.

I opened up MQ2docrack.ini to read the description and that's what I'm guessing, someone else can probably fill in the parts I left out or just completely got wrong.

WonderBoy said:
What in it is safe and what in it should i probably not use.I saw attackevade in the list and was wondering what exactly that did.

I'm by no means an expert coder, but I've never been suspended, banned, warned, or anything else on any of my 4 accounts, so I do have some expertise in using MQ safely. My take on DoCrack and other "safe" plugins is this:

Rule #1: Do NOT use anything that can be seen by other players AND cannot plausibly be explained by legitimate actions. This includes things like NoAccel, targetting untargettable items, targetting mobs across zones or inaccessable areas of zones, etc. which are (or can be) pretty obvious to others; things like SeeInvis, NoEncumber, etc. can be explained by spells, weight redux bags, or other legitimate methods so are pretty safe.

Rule #2: Do not AFK anything that involves active abilities or spells. MQ2Autoforage is pretty safe as long as you don't make it obvious (use the .ini file to your advantage).

Rule #3: Avoid the known unsafe zones like the plague. GMs can and do sit hidden and undetectable in certain zones watching and waiting for obvious activities. This doesn'y mean that other zones are completely safe, just that some zones are safer than others.

Rule #4: When in doubt, see Rule #1...

I'm not certain exactly where attackevade (the OP's original concern) fits in, but these four rules have kept me safe for several years of consistent MQ usage.

Is DoCrack safe or ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back