• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

IP banning? crackz sez, no problem! (1 Viewer)

crackz

RedCents
Short of taking legal action, IP banning is pretty much a company's last resort. People who get IP banned generally deserve it and those who get banned know exactly what they've done. But whatever, it's the company's loss, not mine, if I show you how to connect to games like WoW from a computer whose IP is banned. You're going to need to install what's called a SOCKS Tunneler, in this case an app called SocksCap32, which you can get here: http://soft.softoogle.com/downloads/p5157.shtml . Next, you'll need a SOCKS proxy server to tunnel through. A list is provided right here: http://www.samair.ru/proxy/socks.htm . Does all this sound confusing? Just click on the first link and install the software. Now, when you see the boxes asking for an IP and port number, go to the second link and find a suitable server (most will do). The IP is the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx part, where the x's are numbers, and the port number comes after the Ip number and the colon. Remember, the latency will take a hit, so pick a server that's as close to you as possible. The port number is usually set at 1080. In the app select SOCKSv5 as the type of connection. Got it all set up? Good. Make sure the socks tunneler is running while you play the MMO and enjoy freedom!

For those who give a crap about how the connection is made:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOCKS

gif.gif

You're right, it's not news. That has nothing to do with it not being helpful. Many people with much more know-how than the average Joe Schmoe still wouldn't know to run a SOCKS tunneler and where to get one, along with a sutiable proxy server. My post is meant to be understandable to those who don't know quite as much about computers. Hell, I bet you don't even know the difference between an SSH and a Telnet connection. BTW, is it that time of the month again?

its so not news... Iso wrote an article about this last year...
As he is the resident "IT / Teaching / Living in Japan" expert and most of us have been using telnet since before you were even a tadpole, its not useful either.

PS: dumb PMS jokes have to be preceded by pms (unless you are Unregistard in which case its ok to stick that smiley anywhere you can)

You're right, it's not news. That has nothing to do with it not being helpful. Many people with much more know-how than the average Joe Schmoe still wouldn't know to run a SOCKS tunneler and where to get one, along with a sutiable proxy server. My post is meant to be understandable to those who don't know quite as much about computers. Hell, I bet you don't even know the difference between an SSH and a Telnet connection. BTW, is it that time of the month again?

And many retards with enough IQ to punch keys know how to dig this info up on the intarweb. As was stated earlier, Iso covered this some time ago, and in much more detail. Your lil' disertation was more like a junior wannabe's guide on how to look things up on the web. Your post was not informative nor helpful. All you did was post a link and give some brief and poorly worded stuff about a WinSock tunnel.

And as for some of us, we were building Telnets before you were a jiggle in your daddy's sack. Before you try to get on your high-horse to feel all ubar and l33t, maybe you should think about the possibility that many of us are probably older than you and have more experience in life and in IT.

jackass

Anyone else remember the "good old days" of clan wars on bnet when it was all about channel control? Scripting bots to guard your own and pinging people offline to take control of their channels... So pointless, yet so fun.

IP banning? crackz sez, no problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back