• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - interested in CoV+ raids on test server? (1 Viewer)

519helvis

test server lobbyist
RedCents
989¢
JUNE 22 UPDATE:

just wanted to post a quick update since i last posted, we have since brought in 3 more players from live giving us enough to tackle more content and not have to juggle as many gruops per player!
With CoV going free to play it also brought back a couple members who were taking a break. That being said we are looking for 1-2 more people who might be interested in running 1-2 gruops for CoV/ToL raiding.
If we hit the magic number we can than run 1 group each and still maintain a casual policy as well.

One of our members is freakin solid with code/LEM/Lua etc but having another with experience would help out (not a necessity though). If you or someone you know might be interested hit up my inbox.

Things with our little crew on test are taking off! come join the ride!

UPDATE complete

So CoV is going f2p!
thought about test?

I understand that with rg there comes a certain level of discretion; and I respect that. but I wanted to drop a quick post about something a few of us
have going on test. We're a close knit group of 4-5 longtime players from different backgrounds who all enjoy boxing. we've been doing our own
raiding (rof-tol content) on and off when time permits for a couple years.

With CoV going free to play very soon, we began discussing a weekly raid night on Saturdays. We have groups of endgame expansion, as well as free to play toons.
We are looking for a few more interested boxers to join us. Just play on raid nights if you wish. After a vetting period and your own personal choices you could even choose to call test home!
Tentatively we are looking to raid on Saturday nights and targets will depend on turnout (weve done cov targets with 2 players but the more the merrier!)

I am sure it is well known but i wanted to tout the pros of playing on test server. things like permanent double exp are nice but the big bonus to test
is permanent gold status this mean free subs as well as no prestige gear rules. also all CWTN plugs as well as some other paid plugs like grind etc are free to use as well.

the downside to test is often the downtime, so we take things casually just making the best of what is available at that time. during downtime we often work on epics
and tradeskills or older content etc. We also have a lot of test-copied resources including members with a raid-copy service from FV and so much chase loot we use it for pets

anyway to recap were looking for a few interested folks; you don't have to commit full time we just hope you'll show up for a weekly raid and perhaps from there
decide whether test could be your new home

inbox me here with any further enquiries you might have!

much thanks
helvis aka the test server lobbyist aka social member of our little crew, who is always on the lookout for more solid boxers.

Last edited:
image.png

now just to wait for our amazing RG devs and co. to get that build running! woot! im excited

So CoV is going f2p!
thought about test?

I understand that with rg there comes a certain level of discretion; and I respect that. but I wanted to drop a quick post about something a few of us
have going on test. We're a close knit group of 4-5 longtime players from different backgrounds who all enjoy boxing. we've been doing our own
raiding (rof-tol content) on and off when time permits for a couple years.

With CoV going free to play very soon, we began discussing a weekly raid night on Saturdays. We have groups of endgame expansion, as well as free to play toons.
We are looking for a few more interested boxers to join us. Just play on raid nights if you wish. After a vetting period and your own personal choices you could even choose to call test home!
Tentatively we are looking to raid on Saturday nights and targets will depend on turnout (weve done cov targets with 2 players but the more the merrier!)

I am sure it is well known but i wanted to tout the pros of playing on test server. things like permanent double exp are nice but the big bonus to test
is permanent gold status this mean free subs as well as no prestige gear rules. also all CWTN plugs as well as some other paid plugs like grind etc are free to use as well.

the downside to test is often the downtime, so we take things casually just making the best of what is available at that time. during downtime we often work on epics
and tradeskills or older content etc. We also have a lot of test-copied resources including members with a raid-copy service from FV and so much chase loot we use it for pets

anyway to recap were looking for a few interested folks; you don't have to commit full time we just hope you'll show up for a weekly raid and perhaps from there
decide whether test could be your new home

inbox me here with any further enquiries you might have!

much thanks
helvis aka the test server lobbyist aka social member of our little crew, who is always on the lookout for more solid boxers.

Test is my home. What time Saturday and which time zone?

just wanted to post a quick update since i last posted, we have since brought in 3 more players from live giving us enough to tackle more content and not have to juggle as many gruops per player!
With CoV going free to play it also brought back a couple members who were taking a break. That being said we are looking for 1-2 more people who might be interested in running 1-2 gruops for CoV/ToL raiding.
If we hit the magic number we can than run 1 group each and still maintain a casual policy as well.

One of our members is freakin solid with code/LEM/Lua etc but having another with experience would help out (not a necessity though). If you or someone you know might be interested hit up my inbox.

Things with our little crew on test are taking off! come join the ride!

one more quick update! we've officially dropped our first ToL target saturday night and have a few CoV targets on farm now. wanted to bump my thread with an update and to mention were still looking for a couple more folks who can run a couple groups (preferably one thats ToL+) have had a few folks make the jump to the quiet country life of test server from live and are enjoying it!

if you think you might be interested feel free to shoot me an inbox message!

cheers from test

just wanted to give a quick update on how were doing ... we now have shei on farm as well as a good chunk of cov. were setting sights on commander and zelniak now. were at approx 6-8 members with regular playtimes and a few who are still playing live as well as test. with the current test Build from RG on the mend i wanted to once again mention that one of the best kept secrets on test is looking for 2-4 more players to join us for dropping targets .. and helping each other out as needed etc ... we have an extremely large pool of resources on copy the biggest on the server hands down.

our main requirements are you can run one group decently. and enjoy troubleshooting raid mechanics. we use LEM a lot as well as discord. if your tired of shelling out krono or hard earned dollars on a live server and have ever thought about making test home for free be sure to inbox me!

the pros of test far outweigh the cons ... but hey i'm biased.

cheers everyone and as always much thanks to the community and the devs of RG for keeping eq fun.

inbox me if you have any questions

Last edited:
back approx. a month later now with another update and some info etc!

we've started split raiding Shei in ToL and are setting up for Zelniak and hopefully commander soon ... weve got most of CoV done and now farm it for our test-born toons for fun.

were still actively looking for those players who might be interested in all the perks test has to offer and to be part of the servers best kept secret.
as mentioned previously were all older dudes with jobs and family etc so we do our best to keep the raid schedule open ended and drop targets when people can be on etc
we require you to have at least one group in the guild ... code/Lua experience is always great as well but the main thing we look for is that like-minded laidback boxer who would fit in with us

if you think that could be you feel free inbox me with any inquiries!

as always, thanks to this great community for making my favorite game that much better
cheers

Just a suggestion, if your beating some of the ToL raids you really should try a few of the NoS raids are easier then any of the ToL raids. theirs 4 of them we do with as low as 18-36.
Hi Trapper, which of the NOS raids are easiest? I only have two groups of NOS enabled accounts at the moment - but as soon as the next expansion drops i want to be all over NOS. Cheers

Hi Trapper, which of the NOS raids are easiest? I only have two groups of NOS enabled accounts at the moment - but as soon as the next expansion drops i want to be all over NOS. Cheers
by far the easiest one is Spirit fades, it takes no automation just everyone on chase and then 3-4 tanks for the last part. (have done with 15, but full NoS raid toons)
2nd easiest is Hashiss (Queen raid) - this one takes 3-4 tanks also, and some targeting lems helps drastically. (we usually have 30 toons on this one)
3rd is going to depend on raid classes / number of drivers. but probably "When one door closes" - its another whole raid on chase, with automation for 1 run away emote. (we do with ~36 toons)
4th is Mean Streets, this one right now we need 2 drivers haven't been able to solo it, but 4 decent tanks. (we do it with 30-36 toons.)

with next expansion having a level increase I imagine everything will get even easier.

Really tempting thought to move over to Test for the free gold status alone.

Test has been a lot of fun. Though not with this crew, I have a small crew of my own that has been progressing through expansions starting at level 75. We've fully cleared them all and are up to 85 now. Underfoot has been quite the reckoning. Looking forward to eventually reaching the end and touching base with these folks :)

I would definitely encourage anyone to try out test if you are considering it. Not good for Krono farmers of course, but good if you just want to have fun.

updating my original thread after a couple months! although there has been quite the downtime as of late on test with DX11 and the imgui issues in the rg build we have been pushing hard through content at our own laid back pace. just recently weve beaten zelnithak and swarm commander in ToL we now have shei on farm and are split raiding her sometimes 3 times a night.

were now setting our sights on a couple NoS raids.

as always if someone is thinking about the jump to test just read up on my original post to see the benefits of the server. feel free to contact me if you think you might have some interest!

Question - interested in CoV+ raids on test server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back