• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Info about Very Vanilla (1 Viewer)

Rolien

RedCents
40¢
Just started playing EQemu again and decided I would try out for the first time boxing. Been using MQ2 and getting used to running multiple characters at once and it can be kinda a pain still. While I'm not tabbing between screens I'm still using macros to tell a character when to cast a spell, who to cast a spell on, that type of thing. While talking to others I heard about Very Vanilla so I did a little research and it seems like it would make things a hell of a lot easier being that you can add conditions to have characters auto cast spells and such.

So my question is how hard is Very Vanilla to set up? I know you can just edit certain .ini's for characters to use certain spells and such but after that is it kinda plug and play? Does it allow better movement of boxes than just using /stick? Do I have to have an active sub to redguides to continue to use Very Vanilla after a month even if I'm just using it for EQEMU?

Like I said I'm brand new to the whole boxing scene and only plan to use it on EQEMU so any info would be really useful.

Thanks

it isn't hard to setup - you should check out the new user videos > HERE <

You will want to stay an active member to be able to have any updates/additions/support/community etc stuff

Better movement? MQ2Nav is gonna change your life.

I did look into MQ2Nav somewhat and seen it creates a mesh for zones which not going to lie looks like it could be a pain for each individual map so if I'm leveling characters would I be required to generate a mesh for each individual zone I decide to go to? Or are there already MQ2Nav folders with Meshes already generated that contain the majority of zones that can be downloaded?

Also from looking at the MQ2Nav commands it doesn't look like it replaces the /stick command and is mainly for navigation through tight area's such as SOLB would I be correct in assuming that? Or can it be used in combination with MQ2Nav with a macro like /bca //Nav Target, /bca //stick 12. Most of my macros seem convoluted as hell right now so less lines used in a macro the better lol.

Also sorry about all the questions it's just I like to try and get as much knowledge before just jumping into something head first I've been a single character player since 1999 and just recently took up Multiboxing with MQ2 which is actually really enjoyable and kinda reminds me of Guildwars except the way I'm using it atm a much more primitive Guildwars lol.

U can download all the meshes directly from the vv launcher.

Nav isnt a stick replacement, i was just saying that it a massive huge QoL thing

Ah alright I do appreciate the information very much. I'm still deciding on weather or not to try it or not. With the ever changing rules on some EQEMU server's it's not exactly such a quick decision lol.

I'm a car person so let me try a car analogy. What you have now is a car that you added cruise control to. VV adds navigation, sat radio, programmable dash with touch screen, back up camera, and auto drive.

i find myself comparing VV to chess. It’s easy enough to install and get up and running but it’s so customizable that it’s going to take me a lifetime to master. Judging by the questions you are asking it seems like you have a better understanding of coding and general EQ mechanics than I do so your curve won’t be as steep as mine. I find using VV and tinkering with it to be almost more enjoyable than the game it’s meant to run. Win win!

Wait there are actually buyable upgrades for MQ2? Also doesn't a macro do the same thing as telling the character what to do. I have macros set up that tell some of my characters what to do but they are very specific tasks like cast a specific spell or attack the target, for each character to do stuff a macro must be pressed. Do the things you have to buy actually just run on their own?

Wait there are actually buyable upgrades for MQ2? Also doesn't a macro do the same thing as telling the character what to do. I have macros set up that tell some of my characters what to do but they are very specific tasks like cast a specific spell or attack the target, for each character to do stuff a macro must be pressed. Do the things you have to buy actually just run on their own?
Oh, you'll be amazed what is coming your way.....

well, to call them "upgrades" is a bit much. they are just pay-gated mq2/VV usable resources. You can absolutely do any game content with many different non-pay-gated resources that are available here at RedGuides. They are definitely handly, nice, and take a lot of the work out of configuring/setup etc

what you are calling a "macro" is really just an in-game social key. In the context of this website, that is not a macro at all. But yes, go level 2 here on redguides.com and you'll have access to legit macros that can play your boxed characters autonomously as though they were played by a human.

Question - Info about Very Vanilla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back