• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Increase Size of Spell Icons (1 Viewer)

RedCents
199¢
So, I just upgraded to a 1440p monitor and what I have discovered is that my spell gems and buff icons are now microscopic. EQ allows me to increase the size of my Hotbutton bars but is there a way to increase the size the other UI components?

this comes up more and more. the easiest solution is to play at a smaller resolution.
short of that, like Sic said, you would need custom UI pieces. you can get these at eqinterface website. there was a guy making UI pieces exactly the same as normal UI pieces, but scaled the ui for a 4k monitor, searching for everquest 4k interface will net some results. you can also modify the files themselves. XML isnt really hard to work with, and you can increase the size of everything including icons however you want.
if you do run a custom interface you will have to periodically modify the UI pieces yourself or find others that work, and remake your Custom UI folder sometimes when eq modifies any of the default UI pieces.

this comes up more and more. the easiest solution is to play at a smaller resolution.
short of that, like Sic said, you would need custom UI pieces. you can get these at eqinterface website. there was a guy making UI pieces exactly the same as normal UI pieces, but scaled the ui for a 4k monitor, searching for everquest 4k interface will net some results. you can also modify the files themselves. XML isnt really hard to work with, and you can increase the size of everything including icons however you want.
if you do run a custom interface you will have to periodically modify the UI pieces yourself or find others that work, and remake your Custom UI folder sometimes when eq modifies any of the default UI pieces.

Well, sadly it's age for me at least. I remember when my eyes were actually good enough. Now I have to use reading glasses sometimes to even see aspects of my UI. Basically we need /plugin mq2uifontsize5 load

@eqmule is working on some cool mq2 ui enhancement stuff

could you make it so we can scale our ui pieces without requiring custom ui? or somehow make things big resolution (4k etc) compatable? people would lose their shit

@eqmule is working on some cool mq2 ui enhancement stuff

could you make it so we can scale our ui pieces without requiring custom ui? or somehow make things big resolution (4k etc) compatable? people would lose their shit
Fun fact, brainiac has done a good bit of work recently to fix the mq implementation of the EQ UI so that it can be edited and loaded on the fly. Lots of great stuff there, would be worth it to explore of scaling UI is possible, though it might be obtuse.

Not sure if these will help, but i edited some ui elements to make it easier to read. When i got my 4k monitor, i was having a hell of a time reading stuff in game, but i liked having all the extra real estate.

My knowledge of editing xml files is extremely limited, so its only some of the easier elements, that i was able to figure out. And everything is just the default ui, just made a little bigger.

A few things that require you to change -
right click the hotbuttons, and change size to whatever size you like over 100.. mine i make maximum ( which is 175% i think ) the main thing that was edited was the text on the buttons, made it a little larger.
change font size in for the chat windows, think i have mine set to 5? maybe 4 i forget off hand.. but thats an easy thing to play with. /chatfontsize 5 ( or whatever you want it to be )

I just have these in a default4k folder ( you can name it whatever you like :) )

Attachments

• eq ui.zip
    21.1 KB · Views: 8
Question - Increase Size of Spell Icons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back