• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Incorrect Client Version (1 Viewer)

soes

RedCents
Howdy,
Downloaded MQ2, v4.2. but when i try to run it, i get an "incorrect client version" message when EQ loads up. Any tips?

Thanks.

Last edited:
couple things you should know soes, every patch that you download eqgame.exe you WILL get the Incorrect Client Version until you get the updated version of MQ. I could attempt to explain to you why, but i'm not positive. what you can do to determine if theres a new one out is go to the Redquest thread and look at the post date. compare that to the patch date and you should be able to figure out if it will work or not. if it still wont work then you should post some other details (If your trying to run EQEMU or have -patchme on to disable patch)

also i think you posted in the wrong area. as you asked a question it should have went in the help questions and requests forum. if you click home->everquest1-> and below the EverQuest Strategies and Cheats forum link theres links to two sub forums "General Discusion -open to only subscribers and the Question,Request,help forum.

That is the correct one. Do you by chance have a previous one also? It seems that you might have an older one and are trying to use it instead. Or your on an EQEM server. That would also cause that error (because they usually use older ones). I would delete all older copys and start from scratch.

Incorrect Client Version

Users who are viewing this thread

Back