• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Incorporating FTP into your subscribed group (1 Viewer)

Kingkiller71

RedCents
1,255¢
Please bear with me for the numbers...

So, I have three accounts that each have at least 1 x 120+ character on them. Due to this, I generally roll 3 x characters + 3 x mercs twice...;

Group 1: 121 Druid, 120 Beastlord, 120 Rogue + tank, healer and dps merc.
Group 2: 124 Warrior, 121 Mage, 121 Mage + healer, healer and dps merc.

I'm levelling up 3 x ftp characters on separate accounts that I can play alongside each of the two above groups.

105 bard
105 shaman
105 cleric

My question is how do I incorporate them into the above groups without risking death? My 120+ group aren't good enough yet to give up the healer merc and rely on the 105 cleric in 120 zones. I could drop down a few expansions but then the mobs will be white / yellow to the FTP characters and I (assume) the xp per kill will be a lot less?

Is there a tried and tested way to bring in your FTP characters without disadvantaging the group too much?

I'm suspecting one option is to switch out the dps merc in each group and bring in a 105 character to just leech exp from the team?

at 110 the shaman can heal pretty well so I’d want to hit that benchmark.. prolly just add the rogue to the 3 105s and have him grind fm for a lessons and see if that’ll get you 106, then do tov missions and add them at the end to get you past 110 so they’re more useful.

Can just throw the 3 of them into ur warriors group after 110 and grind tov merc and partisans for a couple levels before moving on to ToL mercs and partisans/missions for exp

The leech way you mentioned would yield good results for one 105 at a time, good time for Lesson. Another, if you bought MQ2Grind or use the same concept, head to one of the lower level missions Grind uses and use your 120s to level up the 105s, 105 Shm/Cleric can use his talents that way and would get xp too.

In my opinion, just bite the bullet and level the 105s in a level-appropriate zone and eat the low exp on your big'ns for a few days. You'll smash through lower-zone content, so exp will be fast.

Thanks guys, looks like I need to grind them to 110 first then before they become useful. I can see that I can get some ToV? armour at that level as well (Snowbound?) which should help.

I was tempted to bring them with me when I do the progression on my main characters but as they're FTP, they'll waste the AAs reward until I take the plunge and subscribe them for a month (was going to wait until they were 115 for that - may do it at 110 instead).

Thanks for all the help and advice!!

I was tempted to bring them with me when I do the progression on my main characters but as they're FTP, they'll waste the AAs reward until I take the plunge and subscribe them for a month (was going to wait until they were 115 for that - may do it at 110 instead).
110 would still waste AAs, cause autogrant is to 115 :(

110 would still waste AAs, cause autogrant is to 115 :(
I have a team of F2P for some tests I wanna do. They're 112.

6 of them - that's a lotta Krono I'd rather not burn but they're half-useless at 250 AA, it feels.
So saving plat for Krono buying.

And at 115, I'll do a month. Autogrant, ToV/Etc missions, and some progression - get them to 120.

Thanks guys, looks like I need to grind them to 110 first then before they become useful. I can see that I can get some ToV? armour at that level as well (Snowbound?) which should help.

Thanks for all the help and advice!!
@Kingkiller71 115 is the best time to do it, you don't have to pop them all...do it one at a time...and that way when they're offline you can have an extra bazaar seller you can use. Lots of other shit you can do with them while they're waiting for their respective pops...tear or alaris, cotf & oow bp's, plane of war for stone of judgment and circle clickies, epics...etc...

Can you guys explain why it’s a waste to pop krono at 110? I popped mine at 111 and autogrant appeared to keep working to 115, took about 8 or 9 days to lvl and now I’m just farming extra aa’s with the rest of my subscription time. Is it just a waste in the sense of less real AA farming days?

by waste they mean if you wait until 115 you get the full autogrant and can continue working AAs until the month is over. If you pop it at say 111 like you did, you will still get autogranted AAs, but you have to focus on normal exp rather than AA exp for that month. It is a catch 22 you pop early and the toons become useful but you lose AA in the long run.

I have 8 toons in this boat right now. 4 each on 2 diff servers. It sucks because they are so under powered without AAs and it sure is rough killing ToV mobs at 113 and 114, but they are not completely useless I still get some benefit like SE, haste, KEI, mod rods. I have 2 paid accounts doing all the work tho. I figure I will get them to 115 within the next month or so and then it will be game on.

Discussion - Incorporating FTP into your subscribed group

Users who are viewing this thread

Back