• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

i'm pretty much a noob (1 Viewer)

emptysea

RedCents
okay i've been playing for a while now but only like 5 days game play. and i have a lvl 32 druid.. i was wondering whats the best class to start off with. i was looking at hunters and it seems like they would be fun to lvl.. but i really don't know much of anything cuz i completely solo. i'm in a guild but no one there talks to me i'm only in there cuz my friend invited me there, but he left, so i'm all alone there. i haven't learned much about the game. i still go out lvling and get killed by alliance ppl who are like 5 or so lvls lower than me.. it upsets me cuz i'm so use to playing games where a higher lvl "should" be more powerful.. before he left he did give me like 50 - 100 gold.. i don't really remember because i had my own gold and it was like when i was 15 or something. i'd really like some insight. i also was thinking of a rogue cuz i do like the cat form and i've been told that the cat for is like rogues. please much help would be appreciated..
oh i'm on ner'zuel or however it is.. i think i've been playing the game like 3-5 hours or so for like a few months.. some days not playing some playin..the first few weeks i didn't play like at all because i didn't know anyone..
please help a noob (who'd like to know more) out..

Honestly your best bet is to read this:-

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/classes/index.html

It'll give you an overview on what each class does, what race you can be to play that class and also a few tips on playing the class. Once you have a basic knowledge you can then try out a few classes for 10 or so levels and see what you prefer.

Personally I like to have fun while I play so I do what I want, not what's expected of me by other players or guilds. I played my Nelf Druid up to level 53 but then started getting bored with how long levelling was taking so I tried a Rogue. Rogue was ok but not a fun class to play in my opinion... Too much sneaking around etc.
I tried a Shaman but again found it boring sticking twigs in the ground with magical powers so he only levelled to about 20. I tried rolling a mage next and although it was a fun class, I got pissed at the amount of "Mk wtr plZ??????" whispers I recieved.

I then rolled a Warlock and I'm loving it. I have spells, a pet and many different ways of playing the class. Of course not everyone else is the same.

Also bear in mind that different races have different racial abilities so that can be important with your choice, e.g. I wanted to be a warlock and on Horde and the Undead Racial ability is just amaxing so I rolled Undead. If I wanted to go Alliance I'd have rolled a Gnome because the Escape Artist racial is good and they get a boost in their Engineering Skill which is a great profession for PvP.

I played a hunter to high 50's. I finally got bored, but soloing is easy with a hunter. Your pet can tank a mob and you can tank a mob, and you can FD if you want. It's the ultimate in freedom.

thanks right now i have a lvl 10 hunter, 7 loc, and 6 rogue. just thought i'd play all while i was figuring out what the heck to do with myself whilst i was bored. /heh. so far they seem fun. its also nice seeing a different race under my command. but taurens still rock something hard. and i've been trying to get the hang of what creatures to tame. i've heard of higher lvl things to tame like some elite bear, some bat, and some wolf. but i'm trying to figure out what would be a good pet for me atm..

rogues are a smig slower to lvl imo but they are still fun i like seeing the damage fly and i have a slightly better weapon now so i should be lvling up a bit faster now.

loc's still sorta confuse me that lil imp isn't so powerful (low life, low mana) but it'll hafta do since i don't know much about the class. but i'm sure it'll all work into place.

the hunter is close to 5 hours of play, got 10 in about 4 hours tho. rogue and loc are about 2~2.5 hours of play. so i'm not really too sure which i like more.. i still say my druid is fun to play but its nice seeing these other classes.

but i do have a question about professions. my druid is a skinner/leatherworker. i'm not sure what professions i should get for the other guys. i've heard engineering, mining, taloring. but i don't know which class/race should do which profession. any help on this would be 'appreciated'

Skinner/leatherworker is a real easy combo to use; no running around looking for bright spots. Just kill the endless supplies of mobs.

Enchanting/tailoring is similar; you'll get silk from humanoids, and you can disenchant what you make and loot. They are the only two "orphan" skills that don't go with anything else.

The other tradeskills require a lot of running around. Not my style; I'm lazy. You'll kill the mobs anyway, why be redundant, I always say.

At a basic set up, For Skinning/leath go druid/hunter, for herbal/alch go rogue/priest, for tailor/enchant, go mage/warlock for engineer/weapon smithing/armor smithing (all of wich require mining) go pally/warrior, of course all classes can do as good at any, these classes just have advantages and compensations that align well with these professions.

as for best class by race straight up Troll Shaman and Human pally, the reason is for their racial traits, as for the imp being weak on your warlock... I have an imp, voidwalker, and sucubus... My imp still sees the most action... the thing to remember is the imp is NOT a pet, he doesn't tank, he's a DPS, he requires defence and he WILL run out of mana if you take forever to kill something, but if you can't get over the pet "tanking" thing then stick with your lock to 10 when you get a voidwalker he's not very strong but has alot of hitpoints and defense.

best class to play as a noob is hunter, it carries the benifit of a companion that doesn't get bored and leave group, the ability to tank AND dps (with the right pet) has feigndeath at higher levels for those sticky spots and you have range, melee, and the ability to both damage over time AND kill mobs that are running away without worrying about catching up... So why NOT go hunter ? well probly because so many noobs have ruined their reputation, one half of any servers "ninja" and "asshole" population can be traced to the hunter faction (because these are immature players they tend to stick to their biggest character, and that's normally their first one, and as we said, the best first character is hunter... end of mystery) So with a lack of sincere guild offers and a pissy time getting into groups for instancing, getting a hunter to 60 becomes a real choir, the first levels fly, but after 30 when everyone is hanging out in SM, you'll probly be hanging out in places they have never been, killing things they'll be to big to agro by the time they discover them... playing a hunter can still give you an edge though in learning the basics of combat and group interaction before trading up to a more focused class with a better rep, as a side note hunter will also give you a grewat edge in early PvP, until you hit the slow levels and classes start pinning your pet (Ice, entangle, sheep, sap, stun.. etc...) then wiping the floor with you.

So what should you trade up to ? (if you decide to) well, I'd simply type /join LookingForGroup then listen for who people are screaming for, Priest and warrior are popular as well as locks, the problem with warrior is no one really wants you in the group till you are big enough to damn near solo the instance, in wich case why do you need a group ? not much help leveling here though you will always find the smaller people grateful for your company. priest is nice enough, but you can't level for shit UNLESS you are grouped, wich works out ok except there are about three levels between each instance that you are not getting good exp from the smaller one and the players want you to be bigger for the larger one... that really blows as those three levels will take you as long to solo as the last 5 levels took doing group instances :-p wich brings us to 'lock, and the eternal arguement over wether a mage or rogue or lock has higher dps, the answer is 'lock, the imp and damage over time makes up for the smaller amount of hits as well as keeping agro far lower than a mage or rogue can while attacking, the 'lock also can soulstone the priest so that if the whole party dies the priest can auto rez and bring everyone else back to life, AND can summon people to remote instances, of course 'locks get more impressive as they get bigger so they always must argue with group leaders that get it stuck in their head the time they saw mages or rogues at level 5 one hitting mobs of the same size...

Not very helpful I know, but the classes are fairly balanced and it's a question of attitude and playstyle more than class abilities that determines wether you will be a 40 washout or 60 god -shrug-

LordDrakiss - Fountain of the obvious

you might not of thought it was helpful but it was to me. i mean i know any class can be whatever profession but u did sorta help me decide what to do with who. and i mena if i don't like it, can't i just "unlearn" a profession? i mean its not a gonna kill me.. and i knwo its all about "oppinions" and stuff.. but its nice to hear ppls "opinions" cuz if they didn't have one.. then tha would be just weird. and i do like the hunter cuz i have a lil buddy. i'm gonna hafta work on what "buddies" i'm gonna keep and which ones i'll chuck in the trash lol.. mean to say but i can't keep them all..

i'm pretty much a noob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back