• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - I'm back, FFS.... UI problems. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
100¢
After about a year off. I'm coming back, you know, EQ keeps drawing me in. However the UI I use is now, once again, outdated. I believe it is based off of ZlizUI and the last time I updated it was during during Terror of Luclin for the Dragon Hoard's Window. Now it seems they have changed something withing the pet window as the pet buffs do no display, which means CWTN keeps attempting to buff the pets in a loop.

Anyone know what changed off the top of their head and a possible fix??

After about a year off. I'm coming back, you know, EQ keeps drawing me in. However the UI I use is now, once again, outdated. I believe it is based off of ZlizUI and the last time I updated it was during during Terror of Luclin for the Dragon Hoard's Window. Now it seems they have changed something withing the pet window as the pet buffs do no display, which means CWTN keeps attempting to buff the pets in a loop.

Anyone know what changed off the top of their head and a possible fix??
yeah, if your pet window is invalid, then mq can't do the things it needs to do.

eq has done an huge amount of change in your not-super-specific "about a year off". your uierrors.txt will tell you what stuff is wrong or missing - but your best bet is to use a working one or default.

so either use default, or use a current and updated eq. "my stuff is broken so it doesn't work" - yep :p

> kaen and i keep an updated ui based on zliz < not sure if it is going to be updated for the patch on tuesday, but we plan on keeping it updated

I believe I did not get across the correct points. To clarify, I know the problem isn't with MQ or CWTN plug-ins, they work as intended and amazing. I know the problem is with pet buffs displaying incorrectly due to an outdated UI. Trust me if there was one that was close to do this one I would use it, but I'm getting old, I'm stubborn, and they keep moving the damn jelly in the grocery store. I was merely asking the great folks of red guides if they knew what did change, was something added or removed from the UI files that would cause such an effect on pet window.

However It looks like I will be re-learning this old UI building program that hardly works and attempt to fix it. I'd pay good money for a good graphical interface UI building program.

Wish me luck.

The big thing that affect some player's UI was the removal of full screen. You can still use it but you have to work around it. The game now opens in windowed mode.

But I doubt that would affect what is happening with you - but it was changed :)

I do recall them making a change that made all the buffs look like Pearl Necklaces.

Its easy to fix -

1. Log out of the game.
2. Find your UI Files. C:\Everquest\UI\ZLIZ or whatever the directory is.
3. Find a File that says something like PetWindow.XML and delete it.
4. Log back into EQ

If your ZLIZ folder doesnt have the PetWindow file - then it will use the default version which will work fine.

Discussion - I'm back, FFS.... UI problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back