• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Patch - If having dx errors and using IsBoxer (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,101¢
If you are having error messages trying to get into the game via IS boxer upgrade to the development version. Some are still reporting performance issues though with the development build. But it's worth a shot.

To update to the current Development build of Inner Space, right click Inner Space icon in your system tray(lower right corner of window), select `Patcher`, click the `Development` tab, use the `Check for Updates` button if needed and click `Install Now` to actually install it.

You may also want go to into Isboxer and click on each character in your character set(it is actually the number above the name), hit the performance tab and uncheck the limit framerate boxes or set them to 120.

Last edited:
How do you guys manage switching between clients without ISB? Not sure I can play EQ with graphic running at 15 fps using ISB.
BoxHUD Lua will let you double click the character to pull that window up.

But, I would just give ISBoxer a few days to patch and it will likely be fine. The "Live" build won't even let you login, but the "Dev" build will. Just needs some tweaks on their end so it's unlikely this is permanently dead.

BoxHUD Lua will let you double click the character to pull that window up.

But, I would just give ISBoxer a few days to patch and it will likely be fine. The "Live" build won't even let you login, but the "Dev" build will. Just needs some tweaks on their end so it's unlikely this is permanently dead

" I would just give ISBoxer a few days to patch and it will likely be fine. " Fingers crossed.

How do you guys manage switching between clients without ISB? Not sure I can play EQ with graphic running at 15 fps using ISB.
I have been using the switching built into MQ. Just assign hotkeys to your profiles to auto login. I just went back to try IsBoxer last night due to the new CWTN GUI positions not saving right when launching them all at same time via that way. Back to the MQ launcher!

If you are having error messages trying to get into the game via IS boxer upgrade to the development version. Some are still reporting performance issues though with the development build. But it's worth a shot.

To update to the current Development build of Inner Space, right click Inner Space, select `Patcher`, click the `Development` tab, use the `Check for Updates` button if needed and click `Install Now` to actually install it.

Where are you right clicking on Inner Space? When I run innerspace I see it in task manager but no app is loaded that I can acccess.

I have been using the switching built into MQ. Just assign hotkeys to your profiles to auto login. I just went back to try IsBoxer last night due to the new CWTN GUI positions not saving right when launching them all at same time via that way. Back to the MQ launcher!
I don't use IsBoxer so that may be something different but my imguis weren't saving location either except for on one character.
I found out that for whatever reason I didn't have an entry in my Macroquest_Overlay.ini for the characters that weren't saving.

What I did to fix the issue is copied the class plugin window location for the character that saved the imgui to the location
I wanted and the pasted the info back in then changed the character name.

Looks like this. Hope it helps.

[Window][###servername-CharNameClassPluginWnd]
Pos=890,0
Size=845,357
Collapsed=1

For those have stuttering problems, uncheck your frame limiter or increase it to 120+ through isboxer. The frame is a lot smoother until innerspace is patched.

good morning:)

so removed all frame limiters in ISB
updated the inner space to a new dev build this AM (different than one last night)
fire up 6 chars
the 1 loads in nicely (with the epileptic loading screen)
the minute you get the second char to char select, the one in game CTD
so move to char 2 to see if i can get char 3 in
char 2 CTD as soon as i hit the login
have tried this multiple times

variables - redguide launcher and MQ is running

so killed MQ systray/injections

refired isb toolkit launch 6
am currently in with very minimal lag on all with no MQ

fired up MQ
refreshed injections

all CTD

(UPDATING for the dont use new UI from other thread)
i updated all of the ini files for my crew
currently sitting online with 6 running MQ and ISBOXER

remember Batman '89, where Joker killed people if you mixed three things? Feels like that
so for me
1) updated inner space to new dev build
2) removed all frame limiters in ISB
3) added UseNewUIEngine=0 to every char ini file in main eq folder

Can delete if needed but maybe it provides a step through to anyone better than me at the troubleshooting/coding steps and saves someone some time.

Last edited:
Patch - If having dx errors and using IsBoxer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back