• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

if anyone needs help getting EQ emu up and running,post it here (1 Viewer)

Hi I am not a computer expert by an streach of the imagination and I started following everything but got lost on a few things perhaps you can walk me through the rest in layman's terms. I made a copy of the Everquest file and named it EQ EMU as the text doc indicates and made the changes in the .txt file as also indicated. I also logged on and got an account but I can't make the change to get the emulator to run in place of the original Everquest EXE. I also cannot get the .patchme to also stay on the file. Please help me by walking me through from the beginnning. I really want to excel at Everquest and have played 13 hours a day for 60 days and am trying to get a head. Thank you Macon :confused:

Well I dunno if that .patchme thing really works, but all I did to get eqemu working was this:

1.Make a Copy of Everquest Direcotry and name is EQEMU
2. Copy the eqemulator host code and paste it into eqhost.txt
3. Get EQWindows if you dont have it, www.eqwindows.com
4. Go into EQEMU directory and double-click on eqgame.exe
5. Press Play!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back-Patch to existing / working Emu would be nice :p
(i heard a few months ago that this is not possible (or atleast not worth the hastle) but i'd like your opinion)

colex said:
ill be glad to help ya out :D

Try this if you can... hehe...

This is the error i get everytime i click Play (on server screen to enter that server) and this happends on all servers.

_________________________________________|
Error in XML_________________________|

Error in your GUI XML files. Check UIErrors.txt. |

Infernal said:
Try this if you can... hehe...

This is the error i get everytime i click Play (on server screen to enter that server) and this happends on all servers.

Error in XML_________________________|

Error in your GUI XML files. Check UIErrors.txt. |

Ignore, i just used my legit EQ folder and just copy'd the folder over the Emu folder and (replaced all) it worked just fine.
Sry for the spam, i was getting so fustrated lol :)

As for "obtaining EQEMU", if you have the EQ files - Here's the guide for getting it set up (and to clarify something that got my newbish mind confused, somewhere close to the end it says something about backpatching, and currently, you WILL need to do that. You can find the patch files here. Just unzip them to your EQEMU directory that you will create if you follow the guide.Also if you download the patch files from Krusher's, you won't need to change anything in eqhost.txt like it says in the guide.) And about making an account - the site is down atm, I'll post instructions as soon as it comes up :D

And if you don't have the EQ files, I'm not sure what to tell ya :)

EDIT: ok now that eqemulator.net is back up, like I said heres how to create an account. 1) regester here for the forums. 2)Once you're logged in, go to "User CP", up on the top left part of the screen. 3) On the "User CP" page, on the bottom left you should see "Login Server". Go to "Create LS Account" and create another account here., this will be the account you log in to EQEmu with, so remember the username and password. 4) Play EQEmu

Last edited:
Ok , i Have MQ loaded and working , now im trying to get the warping done so i can warp. What do i need to do , like a step by step (install warping for dummies lol)

Ok irinidi, this is the wrong forum. This is for getting Everquest Emulated up and running. You should have posted that in the Questions & Requests forum :)

But for the warping, if you don't compile for yourself which it appears you don't as you posted your auth code is zed's compile thread, and last I checked he had a warp plugin included. So all you need to do is in game if MQ2 is running, type /plugin MQ2Warp, and same with all the other plugins like MQ2DoCrack and MQ2Zone :cool:

As for using it,
Siddin said:
Rich (BB code):
 Usage: /warp <succor|last|loc <y x z>|dir <dist>| target>

EDIT: If the warp you have doesn't currently work, go to this link, go to the "noobhaxor" folder, and save MQ2Splooge.dll to your MacroQuest folder. Once in game instead of typing /plugin MQ2Warp, you would type /plugin MQ2Splooge. And as for the commands:

noobhaxor said:
/splooge safe (warps to succor)
/splooge point x y z (warps to loc x y z)
/begone (gates you)
/splooge mob (warps to target)
***NEW 05/25/05***WAYPOINT INTEGRATED WARPING***
/waypoint add name
/waypoint delete name
/waypoint list
/splooge wp name (warps you to that waypoint)

Last edited:
Ok first time logging into an EQ Emu server. Everything went smooth after back patching. Logged into "Cheaters" server fooled around a bit, logged out. Now I cannot get to server select screen. Program crashes right after login screen with the error message;

"eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Anyone ever seen this before?

Can't say I've ever had that problem before, but theres a million and one things that could cause you to get that error :(

Only thing I can say is try creating another EQEmu directory and backpatching again :( and If you're backpatcing from someone other than Krusher's, try them.

Now like I said I've never had that problem before, I have had problems with Cheaters like blackscreen for 5 minutes then error 1017, couldn't connect to it without logging in to another server and camping back to server selsct, so try logging in to another server and see if you can get in when you're through with the above steps

The Guide. You currently will need to backpatch, do that here. That link also includes eqhost.txt so you won't need to change it like the guide says. And if you don't have the EverQuest files, get them :p. If you need help creating an EQEmu account:

Cadewen said:
1) regester here for the forums. 2)Once you're logged in, go to "User CP", up on the top left part of the screen. 3) On the "User CP" page, on the bottom left you should see "Login Server". Go to "Create LS Account" and create another account here., this will be the account you log in to EQEmu with, so remember the username and password. 4) Play EQEmu

OK I am trying to getthis set up but it seems EQemulator site is down

so is krushers site

Just curious but does EQem use same ports as Regular EQ?

The Higher powers where I am at, have the ports blocked for regular EQ

/cries

/cough not long now before I am back home

Great guide for EQem and nice write up Cad

thanks

8-)

so is krushers site
It's up now, here's that link again to what you need from krushers. The EQEmu site is also back up :D
Just curious but does EQem use same ports as Regular EQ?
I **THINK** so, not sure

Here's all the link's you'll need again, gonna c/p a quote from myself cause I'm too lazy to type it again :p

1) Regester here for the forums. 2) Once you're logged in, go to "User CP", up on the top left part of the screen. 3) On the "User CP" page, on the bottom left you should see "Login Server". Go to "Create LS Account" and create another account here. This will be the account you log in to EQEmu with, so remember the username and password. 4) Play EQEmu

when i try to log in, i use the LS account name and p-word and everything and i followed the guide to setting it up. when i click Play or Login, it says "Logging into server...Please wait" and I let it sit there for about 30mins and it wouldnt go to the servers, can anyone help me out?

ok i copied my files and renamed folder to eq emu and droped the patch files from link and when i run eq it patches normal eq yes i did change the host text and it still patches normal eeq any help would be apriciated

make a copy of the file you use to run eq, and have it look like this
and right click on it and go to properties.. and then make it just like that, space and all. then run it and it wont patch at all

F:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme

yup thanks figured that out got it working now but i am on the eq emu servers now and i cant see items on vendors and im hella buggy spells showing up as uknown strings and graphics all buggy cant zone into lavastorm without being under world any ideas i figure its because my eq folder had don and dodh in it think thats the problem and if so whats an easy fix thanx in advance :)

I dont know about all that other stuff, but from Lava, if i remember right the download said sept 2004, if thats the case you need the old lava zone file, not the new one, that would cause problems. Because they recently well not real recent but revamped lava

im STILL at the loading please wait thing. i see no1 answered that question yet, why?..
i used my LS Account and followed all the instructions, idk why. Please help?

I am having exact same problem as tempest18, anyone have a clue. Everything works just fine, just no vision.

EDIT: Ok, got my vision back.
The servers I have to choose from don't work. When I try to log on one of them eq client crashes. Guild Wars is only one that I can log on and I can't figure it out. Can't get loot or anything, /shrug anyone help me out here. How do I get to server where I can do what the hell I want...

Last edited:
ok, i am having some serious issues, i believe it is because of dodh, don and por expansions but not sure, whenever i log onto a server, there is no ground, and no character is displayed. its just a foggy area. I download the back patch from krushers and a eq-emu back patch from eqemulated.net. cant seem to get things working right, i think a solution might be to install eq again but dont install dod, don, and por. if anyone has another idea plz let me know before i spend hours watching EQ install.

Replace your render effects. They are split into 2 directories and they all need to be in one. So just copy paste the files from both folders into the main Render effects directory. Thats what fixed... they are named MPL and SPL.

ok, so i got everything up and running, just found out though that my AA window is WAAAAAAY screwed up. is it one of the expansions that is doing it or whats going on. plus whenever i open the AA window, my # commands stop working......HELP

if anyone needs help getting EQ emu up and running,post it here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back