• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Idiot newbie (1 Viewer)

Blacklions1

RedCents
119¢
Hey all after playing EQ off and on for years now been working on trying to 3 box but getting tired of it all. Wanted to check this all out but am lost... What's the difference in the free version and the Subbed version? Does the sub version require a constant sub and is it worth it? Total newbie to this. Thanks all

Hey all after playing EQ off and on for years now been working on trying to 3 box but getting tired of it all. Wanted to check this all out but am lost... What's the difference in the free version and the Subbed version? Does the sub version require a constant sub and is it worth it? Total newbie to this. Thanks all
howdy Blacklions1

Here is a video guide on getting started with Very Vanilla which is a subscription based compilation of macroquest2 (I also have a video in my signature demonstrating some of the features/functions of very vanilla)

macroquest is free, but Very Vanilla and the custom plugins and macros and "featured" stuff we have here is subscription based

Awesome thanks been curious as had started looking at the test server version which seemed extremely confusing. For test server will I need to use the test or live version? Was able to find the link to test version which is what threw me for a loop with all those addons

Awesome thanks been curious as had started looking at the test server version which seemed extremely confusing. For test server will I need to use the test or live version? Was able to find the link to test version which is what threw me for a loop with all those addons
You would use the test version for the test server LINKIE

Hey all after playing EQ off and on for years now been working on trying to 3 box but getting tired of it all. Wanted to check this all out but am lost...

What's the difference in the free version and the Subbed version?

For Redguides, the "free" version does not include the use of their MQ2 build. You must subscribe and maintain an active subscription in order to download VV and the monthly patches that occur whenever the Everquest client is updated. After the monthly eq patch, MQ2 stops working until EQmule can update the code. Then Redbot rebuilds VV based on the new code. Without a sub, you get none of that. Essentially the free account on this site gets you guest access to the forums only. If you're an active community member, you can earn (and give) redcents, which can be used to maintain a level 2 sub. You get 1 recent each time you react to someone else's post (max 3 per day) and 10 redcent each time someone reacts to your post (unlimited). It costs 50 redcents for 1 month of level 2 access.

MQ2 is open source and you can technically get the code and compile it yourself if you are that tech adept. EQmule also has a builder on his site, macroquest2.com, for which he charges an annual fee. The fee also gives you access to VIP content on that site. For all intents and purposes, MQ2 is paid software.

Does the sub version require a constant sub and is it worth it? Total newbie to this. Thanks all
Yes and yes. It will completely change the way you play and you'll wonder why you didn't get this sooner.

Please do, we have a million and one answers, sometimes to just the first question!

Also, feel free to join us on the discord app, there're a bunch of us addicts hanging around there almost all the time, except for a short stint in the middle of the night when you may only have Kaen or Sic to speak to, but we're a pretty helpful bunch if you have questions and can't find answers on the forums.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, attempting to do some level 25s til I get the hang of this. Telligng me mq2eqbs is loaded, but need to /bccmd connect but it's not working to get chase/follow to happen. Ideas to fix?

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, attempting to do some level 25s til I get the hang of this. Telligng me mq2eqbs is loaded, but need to /bccmd connect but it's not working to get chase/follow to happen. Ideas to fix?
so, the eqbcs is the plugin that your character is running - you will need to connect to the eqbcs server that you started (eqbcs2.exe is my suggestion - it is inside your release folder), then in game you can /bccmd connect on each character
>>> This <<< vid should help

I discovered VV and MQ2 when I was also about to be burned out on EQ. For me, it takes the tediousness out of the game and is amazing! Definitely worth giving it a shot

Back again! Bare boned bard ini here( Still learning and adding daily), but struggling with his pulling. He is running up to mobs and melee to pull instead of using his ranged (in ranged/ammo slot). Unsure what I did wrong here so any help would be appreciated!
[General]
KissAssistVer=11.005
Role=Puller
CampRadius=30
CampRadiusExceed=4000
ReturnToCamp=0
ChaseAssist=0
ChaseDistance=25
MedOn=1
MedStart=20
MedCombat=0
LootOn=0
RezAcceptOn=1|90
AcceptInvitesOn=1
GroupWatchOn=0
GroupWatchCheck=FALSE
EQBCOn=0
DanNetOn=0
DanNetDelay=20
IRCOn=0
CampfireOn=0
CharInfo=Bard|110|GOLD
DefaultUI=TRUE
DPSMeter=1
ScatterOn=0
TwistOn=1
TwistMed=NULL
TwistWhat= 1 2 5 7 11 6 12 4 2 5 10
XTSlot=0
[Spells]
MiscGem=8
MiscGemLW=0
MiscGemRemem=1
CastingInterruptOn=0
LoadSpellSet=0
SpellSetName=KissAssist
[Buffs]
BuffsOn=1
BuffsSize=1
Buffs1=Mysterious Belt of Daggers|summon|Well Balanced Throwing Knife|300
Buffs2=NULL
Buffs3=NULL
Buffs4=NULL
Buffs5=NULL
Buffs6=NULL
Buffs7=NULL
Buffs8=NULL
Buffs9=NULL
Buffs10=NULL
Buffs11=NULL
Buffs12=NULL
Buffs13=NULL
Buffs14=NULL
Buffs15=NULL
Buffs16=NULL
Buffs17=NULL
Buffs18=NULL
Buffs19=NULL
Buffs20=NULL
RebuffOn=1
CheckBuffsTimer=10
PowerSource=NULL
[Melee]
AssistAt=95
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1
TargetSwitchingOn=0
MeleeTwistOn=1
MeleeTwistWhat=Continuous
[GMail]
GMailHelp=Events currently support - Dead,Drag,GM,Level,Named,Leftgroup,Tells
GMailOn=0
GMailSize=5
GMail1=NULL
GMail2=NULL
GMail3=NULL
GMail4=NULL
GMail5=NULL
[AE]
AEOn=0
AESize=10
AERadius=50
AE1=NULL
AE2=NULL
AE3=NULL
AE4=NULL
AE5=NULL
AE6=NULL
AE7=NULL
AE8=NULL
AE9=NULL
AE10=NULL
[DPS]
DPSOn=0
DPSSize=20
DPSSkip=20
DPSInterval=2
DPS1=NULL
DPS2=NULL
DPS3=NULL
DPS4=NULL
DPS5=NULL
DPS6=NULL
DPS7=NULL
DPS8=NULL
DPS9=NULL
DPS10=NULL
DPS11=NULL
DPS12=NULL
DPS13=NULL
DPS14=NULL
DPS15=NULL
DPS16=NULL
DPS17=NULL
DPS18=NULL
DPS19=NULL
DPS20=NULL
DebuffAllOn=0
[Aggro]
AggroOn=0
AggroSize=5
Aggro1=NULL
Aggro2=NULL
Aggro3=NULL
Aggro4=NULL
Aggro5=NULL
[Pull]
PullTwistOn=1
PullWith=Summoned:Well Balanced Throwing Knife|Summoned:Well Balanced Throwing Knife
PullMeleeStick=0
MaxRadius=350
MaxZRange=100
UseWayPointZ=0
PullWait=5
PullRadiusToUse=90
PullRoleToggle=0
ChainPull=1
ChainPullHP=50
ChainPullPause=30|2
PullPause=30|2
PullLevel=100|116
PullArcWidth=360
[Heals]
Help=Format Spell|% to heal at i.e. Devout Light Rk. II|50
HealsOn=0
HealsSize=5
Heals1=NULL
Heals2=NULL
Heals3=NULL
Heals4=NULL
Heals5=NULL
XTarHeal=0
XTarHealList=Xtar slots here Example: 5|6|7
HealGroupPetsOn=0
[Cures]
CuresOn=0
CuresSize=5
Cures1=NULL
Cures2=NULL
Cures3=NULL
Cures4=NULL
Cures5=NULL
[Mez]
MezOn=0
MezRadius=50
MezMinLevel=Min Mez Spell Level
MezMaxLevel=Max Mez Spell Level
MezStopHPs=80
MezSpell=Your Mez Spell
MezDebuffOnResist=0
MezDebuffSpell=Your Debuff Spell
MezAESpell=Your AE Mez Spell|0
[Burn]
BurnSize=15
BurnAllNamed=0
Burn1=NULL
Burn2=NULL
Burn3=NULL
Burn4=NULL
Burn5=NULL
Burn6=NULL
Burn7=NULL
Burn8=NULL
Burn9=NULL
Burn10=NULL
Burn11=NULL
Burn12=NULL
Burn13=NULL
Burn14=NULL
Burn15=NULL
UseTribute=0
[AFKTools]
AFKHelp=AFKGMAction=0 Off, 1 Pause Macro, 2 End Macro, 3 Unload MQ2, 4 Quit Game
AFKToolsOn=1
AFKGMAction=1
AFKPCRadius=500
CampOnDeath=0
ClickBacktoCamp=0
[KConditions]
ConOn=0
CondSize=5
Cond1=TRUE
Cond2=TRUE
Cond3=TRUE
Cond4=TRUE
Cond5=TRUE
[Merc]
Help=To use: Turn off Auto Assist in Manage Mercenary Window
MercOn=0
MercAssistAt=92
[KissError]
LastCMD:=/endmacro
ErrorDateTime:=10/21/2019 12:19:38
ErrorMsg:=NULL
DataError:=NULL
SyntaxError:=NULL
RunningTime:=1337877
BuildDate:=20191011
CurrentUI:=Default

Space was needed, thanks for that. Bard is becoming less and less horrible at his new job. My newest issue, how to get him to /stopsong when fading? With the twist part it seems to never stop. As always thanks all for being patient with an idiotic newbie. (on the plus side, zerker plug in is working amazingly, so simple even I can't mess it up)

so, the eqbcs is the plugin that your character is running - you will need to connect to the eqbcs server that you started (eqbcs2.exe is my suggestion - it is inside your release folder), then in game you can /bccmd connect on each character
>>> This <<< vid should help
I can get my toons on one computer into bcc and all on the other but one. Is there a limit? Always out of 6 one will not join?

I can get my toons on one computer into bcc and all on the other but one. Is there a limit? Always out of 6 one will not join?
I'm not sure what the realistic limit of toons to handle would be - but you can definitely do multiple groups

How many toons are you connecting?

and what is happening (like what msg are you getting, or error, etc)

Thanks,
Was there some easy way to add or work with the 6th that gets left off? I am using /stick but was hoping there was some better way.
well, we should totally get your 6th toon connected - there is just too much to leave a toon out (that poor neglected toon!)

you are doing the same thing to connect that toon, /bccmd connect x.x.x.x - right?
So tell me - what is happening - what msg are you getting or error etc --- walk me through your process

:-)
Well actually I only have to do /bccmd connect without the numbers, my Son set it up when he visited so i don't know anything about it but it is on a router.

The 6th toon always show just its own name on the connect.
It will not forceconnect and bccmd quit and try again it sometimes says remote connection closed you are no longer connected, connecting to and 127. numbers.

:-)
Well actually I only have to do /bccmd connect without the numbers, my Son set it up when he visited so i don't know anything about it but it is on a router.

The 6th toon always show just its own name on the connect.
It will not forceconnect and bccmd quit and try again it sometimes says remote connection closed you are no longer connected, connecting to and 127. numbers.
ah ok - so the 6th toon is just connecting to its own thing (probably locally)

you will need to get your local ip address from the computer running the eqbc serverand then connect to it

on one of the working toons do a /bccmd status - it will say
This is just connecting locally "home" at 127.0.0.1 on port 2112 --- if the 6th toon is on the same computer you can /bccmd disconnect then /bccmd connect 127.0.0.1
1571872254457.png

if the 6th toon is different pc than the main one you'll need to get the main computer ip address (local)

you can do this via

Press your windows key - then type cmd and press enter
1571872339654.png
You will see a command prompt
1571872357873.png
type in ipconfig as above and press enter

you will see a bunch of stuff spit out - but you are looking for something like below

1571872384653.png

then you can go back to your 6th dude and (after already disconnecting with /bccmd disconnect) do a /bccmd connect 192.168.1.3 (whatever YOUR ip address is). and should be good to go

OK... Back again, with another question... Running Mq2bezerker and my clerk is constantly LOM due to trying to heal zerker when I stop pulling. Don't want to really hamper my heals on war as so far it's working amazingly on my horrid pulls. Is there a way to limit heals to group/other than main tank?

OK... Back again, with another question... Running Mq2bezerker and my clerk is constantly LOM due to trying to heal zerker when I stop pulling. Don't want to really hamper my heals on war as so far it's working amazingly on my horrid pulls. Is there a way to limit heals to group/other than main tank?

I set my MA and non-MA heals for different values so I can still be hyper aggressive on my tank
I handle it this way:

INI:
Merciful Remedy - "insta duration" heal set for MA only
Heals18=Merciful Remedy|99|MA
;Spiritual Remedy - "insta duration" heal set for MA only
Heals19=Spiritual Remedy|99|MA
;Promised Remedy - "insta duration" heal set for MA only
Heals20=Promised Remedy|99|MA

;Merciful Remedy - "insta duration" heal set for Not MA
Heals28=Merciful Remedy|80|!MA
;Spiritual Remedy - "insta duration" heal set for Not MA
Heals29=Spiritual Remedy|80|!MA
;Promised Remedy - "insta duration" heal set for Not MA
Heals30=Promised Remedy|80|!MA

I set my MA and non-MA heals for different values so I can still be hyper aggressive on my tank

I will second Sic's Healer setup. It is amazing. I use it with my cleric: I run SK, Cleric, Bard, Berserker, Berserker, Berserker, (and another Rogue and Shammy outside of the main group). Cleric ignores the 'zerkers when they are deliberately low health due to abilities.

Yeah, the thing you need to remember, is zerkers have an ability that damages them over time, so they hover around 88% hps. You can create a condition that handles zerker class differently, and sets their heal point lower (like 75%) to get around this. Alternatively, Sic's cleric file does a dang good job too!

MQ wasn't even showing up for the longest time, after I switched versions and redid the test patch on EQ it started working. Unsure how I had messed it up. Thanks for all the help

Question - Idiot newbie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back