• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Strategy - Idea for down/holyshit to have toons auto-switch targets with MA. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
925¢
While you can use a /bca //keypress esc for AFNuke2 or /bca //switch for KA to manually tell your toons to get the MA's new target, I'd much rather just have them intelligently assist my tank when there are times mobs may be invuln or a certain mob adds that non-mezzable or some such.

I'm thinking about setting the bottom xtarget slot to MA Target and using something along the lines of:

/if (${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && (${Target.ID}!=${Me.XTarget[12].ID) && ${Macro.Name.Equal[xxxx.mac]}) /keypress esc

Using this downshit on my wiz running AFNuke2, he should be checking if he's on an aggro list, if his target isn't the MA's target, and if he's running whatever mac is specified there (will be afnuke2.mac). If so, then clear target, which will cause him to re-assist the MA.

Using the above as a holyshit on my bard with /switch instead of /keypress esc should cause him to only /switch when he's actually attacking a target, and not on a mez or pull routine.

Questions? Comments? Ideas to improve on it? Want to ask me why I'm so lazy I don't want to click a button that tells both toons to switch?

I used something very close to this on my mage macro to keep casters on the same target as the pet. I'm surprised this isn't an included option with kiss to switch targets when the tank does.

I think it might be better to direct the wiz to the new target than to wait for program logic, i.e. instead of pressing esc, using a /xtar 12 (or whatever # you select).

with the escape key, I believe you may run the risk of the following:

wiz on wrong target presses esc
mob hits wiz and sets self as wiz target
wiz presses esc again
mob hits wiz and set self as wiz target
wiz presses esc again....
repeat until tank is on wiz's target or the RNG & timing works right.

Strategy - Idea for down/holyshit to have toons auto-switch targets with MA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back