• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - I R Confuzzled (1 Viewer)

Ninjapickle

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
1,307¢
Am I wrong in thinking that I understand synergy only works with grouped characters?
Here's the thing. I do some PL among other things on my server. Very common practice on every server, right? Right. I'm in the habit of occasionally paying for PL from the competition, because good idea. So the top PL guy on my server is doing his thing in CoV. Paid for some pl on a toon to see where he is these days. Ran my rogue there to sit and watch his kills per hour and dps.
His rogue is constantly topping 1m dps using the EXACT same gear all of my rogues have, weapons and all. I only hit that on burns, he's doing it probably on 80% of the kills. He *might* have a little more Hdex, since I can't see his augs, but mine are solid so he can't be far ahead. His exp group, which the rogue is part of along with only 1 zerk (the other 4 are plees) doesn't have synergy because no toons. Or so I thought.
This of course makes me think I only know 2 things about synergy: jack and shit.
So do toons outside of groups provide synergy to each other and I've just been doing it wrong?
Haaalp!

Am I wrong in thinking that I understand synergy only works with grouped characters?
Here's the thing. I do some PL among other things on my server. Very common practice on every server, right? Right. I'm in the habit of occasionally paying for PL from the competition, because good idea. So the top PL guy on my server is doing his thing in CoV. Paid for some pl on a toon to see where he is these days. Ran my rogue there to sit and watch his kills per hour and dps.
His rogue is constantly topping 1m dps using the EXACT same gear all of my rogues have, weapons and all. I only hit that on burns, he's doing it probably on 80% of the kills. He *might* have a little more Hdex, since I can't see his augs, but mine are solid so he can't be far ahead. His exp group, which the rogue is part of along with only 1 zerk (the other 4 are plees) doesn't have synergy because no toons. Or so I thought.
This of course makes me think I only know 2 things about synergy: jack and shit.
So do toons outside of groups provide synergy to each other and I've just been doing it wrong?
Haaalp!
there are two uses of "synergy" one is the *actual* synergy focus that classes have, and the other is the "how well toons mesh together giving each other adps synergy".

its definitely worth checking his atk, hdex, +accuracy augs, and if you're logging the actual dmg, check his crit rate vs yours.

more than likely he's using poisons on everyone and forcing his alliance usage (non-rogues can have the poison on them and it makes rogue alliance pop for big dmg)

as far as adps externally - not usually - outside of things like copIV items that drop an actual aura on the ground and anyone in that aura get the benefit from it.

Haaalp!
Synergy = group only
Probably seeing alliance, his other melee toons, check that they are running spiders bite

Question - I R Confuzzled

Users who are viewing this thread

Back