• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

I need some Tech help....... (1 Viewer)

LostAngel

RedCents
I am currently running 3 pc's with my main on one, with support toons ont he other 2. 71 necro is main. I have 70 shm and 70 mage running shmbot and afkmage respectively on the other 2 pc's. I am currently building another pc from spare parts left over from my pc repair business to box my 70 bard. That is 4 pc's total. I also have a 70 cleric that I would like to include in this little group. I haven't got enough gear, or enough room to add a fifth pc. 4 is a bit much at that.
My main pc is
Motherboard: ASUS M2R32-MVP
Processor : AMD AM2 X2 5600
Memory : 4- 1 GB DDR2 800 MHZ ram
Video : ATI X1800 Crossfire edition 512 MB
HDD : 2- 80GB 7200 RMD WD SATA drives
CD-Rom : Sony DVD R/RW +-

The others are lesser machines. What I am wondering is, is there a way to box the cleric? I am unaware of a way to have 2 instances of EQ AND 2 instances of MQ2 on the same pc. Am I wrong? I know running windowed I can run the EQ, or using WinEQ, but can MQ2 be instanced as well?
Thanks for any input
Patrick

When I played EQ I used to run 3 and sometimes 4 boxes on 1 decent PC with a single instance of MQ2 (it will load into all EQ windows). WinEQ can be used, but is not necessary.

Wineq is a must and on a good comp you can run 6 toons.... Well my comps over heated after a couple months but they made me plenty of money=).

Macroquest does not need to be opened in multiple instances just load one time and then turn on wineq and start loading accounts. I would suggest making different folders of eq for every account worked well for me.

here's my two "stanley nickels" ...

What I usually do ... when you run more than one EQ you'll find that the eqgame.exe's are reading from the same file, as such this can cause some lag in zoning and proformance as your comp no matter how high end can not read the same memory space multiple times at the same time (even the dual core can't, you can thank Uncle Bill for that one).

Here is what I do, I can five box on a AMD XP 3200 with 3GB DDR400 and a GeForce 6800 w/ 512MB Video RAM.

I have five copies of EQ on my system so, I am running five different eqgame.exe's each eqgame.exe stays in its own filesystem and reads/updates its own directory files. All you have to do is copy your EQ install to multiple folders as you do not have to actually install EQ. Thus I have ...

D:\EQ1
D:\EQ2
D:\EQ3
D:\EQ4
D:\EQ5
D:\MQ

You only have to run MQ once as mentioned above.

I used to box a shammy and a bard exactly as posted above on a much lesser system. Naturally I had to turn down the graphics some, but nonetheless, make more than one EQ directory and you should be able to run without a hitch.

:drink

I need some Tech help.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back