• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Games - I have Conan, review coming soon (1 Viewer)

isobelle

RedCents
51¢
gonna be swamped at work the next few days, we just had the sports festival which means all of my classes were cancelled, then shifted to take up every period for the next few days, so no deadtime at work like i'm used to... but i have conan, and have played it for about one solid day now. i totally failed at even figuring out the server thing, so apparently i've rolled on BLUESTEEL which is cool in a Zoolander kinda way i guess?

2ew1l42.jpg

anyway, yeah, FFA pVp is interesting, and the game is just now starting to really get good (at level 16). the first few levels were clunky, but i'll save all that crap for the review. lots of screenshots blah blah blah...

gimme a few days to crank it out, cheers

I got AOC too, an hour ago, its still FUCKING installing, jesus christ, ill probably have to spend another few hours getting patchs . And people wonder why pc gaming is dieing, cos on top of all this installing crap i have to find space on my hard drive in the first place to put the 32 gig monster on.

At least i have sweet sweet xbox 360, please god dont let sony make other console makers think installing games is a good idea.

Please ignore that rant, you can make a female character and take off her top (and theres nipples underneath) ! zomg best like game ever

Please ignore that rant, you can make a female character and take off her top (and theres nipples underneath) ! zomg best like game ever

Yes, boobies can solve everything! :D I just need to work out how to get my hands on them IRL, and not get arrested. :ripperjack:

Good thing ISO got to do his review when he did. Being in Japan, he is in the same time zone as I, east coast Australia.

So far we have has two nights of downtime at 8pm ( our local time zone ) and there is another tonight. As I have a day job, I have only been able to play in the evenings, and as such 2 out of the 5 days I've had this game!!

There is another night of downtime tonight ( as of this post ), so looks like I'm back on my soon-to-expire Lord of the Rings Online account, to run around yelling CROM in general chat.

I got AOC too, an hour ago, its still FUCKING installing, jesus christ, ill probably have to spend another few hours getting patchs . And people wonder why pc gaming is dieing, cos on top of all this installing crap i have to find space on my hard drive in the first place to put the 32 gig monster on.

At least i have sweet sweet xbox 360, please god dont let sony make other console makers think installing games is a good idea.

Guess what ... AoC on 360

But I'm sure it will be an install much like FFXi on 360.

As you can tell from the post im an impatient guy, waiting another few months for boobs would do me no good at all.

And people wonder why pc gaming is dieing, cos on top of all this installing crap i have to find space on my hard drive in the first place to put the 32 gig monster on.

I know you weren't super serious with that, but... When you can build a good PC for as little as it costs to buy a PS3, and 750 *GIG* hard drives from name brand manufacturers go for as little as $120 bucks... Not so much.

If there's any reason PC gaming is "dying" it's because subscription games are taking over the playerbase. Average gamers aren't buying 1 or 2 games a month. They're buying 3, maybe 4 games a YEAR now and playing for months or years at a time.

The good news is, gaming PCs are incredibly more affordable than they ever have been right now.

A top end vid card is under 200 bucks... hard drives are cheap as hell... 4 gigs of good RAM can be had for 80 bucks... It's a dream come true.

It should be a giggle to see how the XBox crowd deals with the interface. Since my necromancer is only level 18 and I already have a hot bar full of spell icons, with nearly both side bars full of skills, powers and a few potion icons.

So between my 5 button mouse, my n52 speedpad with its 15 buttons and my keyboard, I am only just managing to keep a playable keyboard setup. Gawd knows how those kids with their simple XBox controllers, are going to cope.

Trying to scroll up and down a spell list, upwards of 10 to 15 icons or more, searching :ripperjack: for the right spell to select, while the mobs are beating the snot out of you... I don't think so.

here's a little tip for the n52:

i rolled a ranger, and spend half of the time shooting arrows, until the mob runs up then i switch to melee attacks.

for the beginning i was using the ALT bar for ranged, but last night i set the belkin wheel to run two macros... rolling the wheel UP activates MELEE, and the macro goes "numpad decimal, shift 2" (numpad decimal was remapped to be "quick weapon switch", the shift 1 is the default mapping for 'show action bar 1'). rolling the belkin wheel DOWN goes "numpad decimal, shift 1".

every once in a while (like if i roll down twice), it'll pop the weapon switch twice, where i'm wearing my bow with the melee skills on the bar, but rolling the wheel once more in the desired direction swaps the weaps while keeping the bar correct.

record the macro, 'select all delays' and set the timing to .02 seconds. works great.

i like it.

i'm really on the fence about using the belkin to just have combo macros... push sweep, hit overhead attack .02 seconds later, then right attack in another .02. latency would be an issue, but just for curiosity's sake, i wonder how fast you could have it mash the buttons and still pull off a successful combo... .02? .01? hax?

Nice tip, I might set up something similar. However I'm really after one of these bad boys...

31818303-2-440-OVR-1.gif

Pity nobody in Australia has a clue on how to get one.

i'm really on the fence about using the belkin to just have combo macros... push sweep, hit overhead attack .02 seconds later, then right attack in another .02. latency would be an issue, but just for curiosity's sake, i wonder how fast you could have it mash the buttons and still pull off a successful combo... .02? .01? hax?

Depends on your weapon speed. The next direction lights up after your first direction swing finishes.

Prolly be combos on the 360 of a button press and a stick or d-pad direction for hotkeys
(A + D-pad UP)

It supports USB keyboards too but they don't want to require it, Xi doesn't require keyboard unless you want to type, besides the OSK which is slow as crap

I am still running a N50 only 10 buttons, d-pad, & wheel ... guess I should upgrade to that Saitek gamepad

I know you weren't super serious with that, but... When you can build a good PC for as little as it costs to buy a PS3, and 750 *GIG* hard drives from name brand manufacturers go for as little as $120 bucks... Not so much.

If there's any reason PC gaming is "dying" it's because subscription games are taking over the playerbase. Average gamers aren't buying 1 or 2 games a month. They're buying 3, maybe 4 games a YEAR now and playing for months or years at a time.

The good news is, gaming PCs are incredibly more affordable than they ever have been right now.

A top end vid card is under 200 bucks... hard drives are cheap as hell... 4 gigs of good RAM can be had for 80 bucks... It's a dream come true.

I was an avid pc gamer up until this console generation, i used to have consoles before but they could never really compare to a pc. The 360 has really changed that for me, wireless controllers are awesome, it can pump out the same resolution as my pc, and there seems to far more interesting games for it (and most of the pc games that grab my attention). Nothing really beats turning on a console and playing a game within a minute for me.

I dropped around 800 euros for my current pc 2 years ago, it was a DIY job so it doesnt have crappy intel graphics or whatever dell fobs off people with these days. Even when I got it, it couldn't play the latest games at max settings, and now age of conan bitch slaps it hardcore. With consoles your bang for your buck goes up as developers squeeze that bit more out of games towards the end of the console, on the pc you have to go off and pony up some more cash to keep up with the status quo.

And as for hard drive sizes, sure they are getting bigger, which takes care of one part of my quibble (kinda, you still have to batter it to death with a wad of cash), hard drives are getting slower in relation to there size, look at this.

I probably keep updating my pc as I go along, leaving a trail of orphaned motherboards, just so I can keep playing mmos and rts's though.

I don't think read/write time has ever been a choke point for game performance. Seek time maybe, but that hasn't gone up at all. And that article is from 2006. The new Caviar 320 gig platter drives have vastly improved read/write times over all other recent hard drives... so they're starting to go back down again.

And then of course there are solid state drives, but that truly is throwing a wad of cash at something.

Its not so much a game performance issue as a it-takes-an-age-to-install-a-game issue, minor issue to some I guess, but for me nothing takes a huge shit over feeling of getting a nice new game than waiting for it to install and having to sort out hard drive space.

1 terabyte drives are like 175$ here in japan.

i want to get 1000 of those, and start posting on forums about my PITABYTE system.

internet police will surely be quick to point out it's a "PETA" byte, until i point out the ordeal of defragging and running virus scans on a RAID volume that large.

Games - I have Conan, review coming soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back