• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

I dual, want to trial what class should I pick (1 Viewer)

bartab

RedCents
I currently have two accounts :
Account 1 :
*chanter 70
*bard 51
*nec 49
*druid 47
Account 2 :
*wizard 61
*beastlord 42

I'd like to add a third account, and would like to either begin 3 characters, either using some I already have to form a good trio.
what would be the winning trio in your opinion ?

that's what i used to do before cleric 70 got banned, enc+cle+wiz rocks with a hasted pet !
I wondered if someone had other ideas with the little toons I already have :)

So shammies are able to keep up with heals as good as a druid or cleric?

Personally I would think Pally/Sk to tank (Pally prefered for Rez,stun), Cleric, and Rogue. But I only have a 65 Druid/War combo. I was also thinking of adding a third account but my computer can't handle it.

motorsgt

motorsgt said:
So shammies are able to keep up with heals as good as a druid or cleric?

Personally I would think Pally/Sk to tank (Pally prefered for Rez,stun), Cleric, and Rogue. But I only have a 65 Druid/War combo. I was also thinking of adding a third account but my computer can't handle it.

motorsgt
actually yes, they can if they put all of their regen on you, the tank has to have good mitigation/avoidance and then basically any healer can heal you well. plus the more dps=the faster mobs die = less damage taken.

Yeah, I use shammy/sk/mage and it works great. Shammies have such insane mana regen that I can heal my shadowknight, myself, my pet, slow, malo, and dot (or kitty proc buff) and I never run out of mana.

Mana regen really is the key here. My pet cleric can not touch my shammy when it comes to healing, unless the mob is unslowable and hitting hard enough to require a CH chain.

Playing my shammy makes me mourn the good ole days of pet canni when I go back to my mage. Even with maximum FT, AA's his mana regen is crap next to a toon that can convert hp's to mana AND heal that damage at such an efficient rate.

I've never played a necro, but I guess they have similar mana regen?

Anyway, the sk is very nice for feign pulling, you have the option of pet pulling with both the mage and the sk, you have your slows, heals, buffs, and pretty good dps from the mage.

I'd recommend it as a very nice trio. I'm leveling a bard up to be a fourth member, but I keep getting distracted...bards are so much fun to play!

Necro / Shaman / Pally

Only a little different from Dreamthief's trio, but IMO necros are such an amazing tool. MW / twitching, pets, dots, nukes, some minor debuffing, spot heals with DoN orbs, Group HoTs (though not as powerful), etc. Not to mention an almost inexhaustable mana pool when used wisely.

I am SO glad that people are talking about Shammies here. I think alot of times people forget how utterly awesome that we truly are. Of course, if you do choose the Shaman, it will be a while before you understand the true power of the class. Once you get to higher levels, and get all your regen and healing spells, and Pained Memory and Canni5, the game completely changes for you. Mana is no longer an issue.

Now if only we could go Super Saiya-jin and REALLY kick ass...

I dual, want to trial what class should I pick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back