• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - I do not get the same results displayed in the youtube setup video. (1 Viewer)

RedCents
20¢
I have been playing EQ since Aug. 2000. I have boxed Mage, Necro, Shammy, but always manually. A friend suggested Red Guides, so I just bought an annual subscription.
I watched the set-up video quite a few times. Then when I installed the Launcher, I never got the option to select a installation destination. The Launcher was just installed in my downloads folder. I figured, OK, it should work from there, but there was no RG shortcut installed on my desktop. So I made one manually, and it works fine.
I launched the RG updater, got my pop-up window and followed the instructions to install Very Vanilla. I clicked the Very Vanilla key, made sure I was "Live", then clicked install. The default pathway was, once again, my downloads folder. I have a last installed date, but where I should have an update button, I have a "Reinstall" button. Nevertheless, I forged ahead and when I logged my characters in, they all had the MQ window :-).
BUT!!! And this is why I am having trouble, When I type /bccmd reconnect on, I get the following two messages: #Connecting to 127.0.0.1 2112 #Could not connect. I get that on all my toons.
Do I need to uninstall and start over again?
Thanks for the patience.

I have been playing EQ since Aug. 2000. I have boxed Mage, Necro, Shammy, but always manually. A friend suggested Red Guides, so I just bought an annual subscription.
I watched the set-up video quite a few times. Then when I installed the Launcher, I never got the option to select a installation destination. The Launcher was just installed in my downloads folder. I figured, OK, it should work from there, but there was no RG shortcut installed on my desktop. So I made one manually, and it works fine.
I launched the RG updater, got my pop-up window and followed the instructions to install Very Vanilla. I clicked the Very Vanilla key, made sure I was "Live", then clicked install. The default pathway was, once again, my downloads folder. I have a last installed date, but where I should have an update button, I have a "Reinstall" button. Nevertheless, I forged ahead and when I logged my characters in, they all had the MQ window :-).
BUT!!! And this is why I am having trouble, When I type /bccmd reconnect on, I get the following two messages: #Connecting to 127.0.0.1 2112 #Could not connect. I get that on all my toons.
Do I need to uninstall and start over again?
Thanks for the patience.
did you run the server?
it needs the server running to connect
1606968879800.png
you can select which one (i use eqbcs2) and checkbox it to auto launch when you launch mq2

Last edited:
Tyynee,

I know what its like to start this process new and not know whats going on or what to expect, but I did want to tell you that its worth the trouble, Sic and CWTN as well as all of the other devs here do an amazing job, I promise you, its worth the effort. There will be little to nothing you can not do with the tools available here. A whole new world of possibilities is at your finger tips, don't give up. Ask for help, you will get it. I went from manually running 3 characters to boxing 15. It's worth it to hang in there and work through the learning curve.

did you run the server?
it needs the server running to connect
View attachment 26205
you can select which one (i use eqbcs2) and checkbox it to auto launch when you launch mq2
Thanks so much!!!! I was trying to run EQBCS. Did that five or six times. As soon as I started EQBCS2, I was able to connect with all my guys no problem. But I do have two more questions. Why do I have a [Reinstall] button instead of an [Update] button on my RG launcher? And, when I start my EQBCS server, I click the [Standalone] button I have NO IDEA where the windows firewall with the check boxes for private and public networks is. Thanks again. I will try to get this running tomorrow.

Tyynee,

I know what its like to start this process new and not know whats going on or what to expect, but I did want to tell you that its worth the trouble, Sic and CWTN as well as all of the other devs here do an amazing job, I promise you, its worth the effort. There will be little to nothing you can not do with the tools available here. A whole new world of possibilities is at your finger tips, don't give up. Ask for help, you will get it. I went from manually running 3 characters to boxing 15. It's worth it to hang in there and work through the learning curve.
Thanks for the encouragement. I did need it :-). I was beginning to think I had fallen in the "bottomless well of abysmal ignorance". Well, truth be told, I did that a long time ago. Thanks again.

Thanks so much!!!! I was trying to run EQBCS. Did that five or six times. As soon as I started EQBCS2, I was able to connect with all my guys no problem. But I do have two more questions. Why do I have a [Reinstall] button instead of an [Update] button on my RG launcher? And, when I start my EQBCS server, I click the [Standalone] button I have NO IDEA where the windows firewall with the check boxes for private and public networks is. Thanks again. I will try to get this running tomorrow.
the reinstall button shows because you currently have the latest install and that gives you an option if you wanted to re-download for some reason.

the reinstall button shows because you currently have the latest install and that gives you an option if you wanted to re-download for some reason.
OK, thank you. Now about starting the EQBCS server. I have never seen the option to click on a check box for private or public networks. Is this something that is important? So far I have just left the eqbcs.exe window minimized and running. <Shrug> Thanks again.

Problem - I do not get the same results displayed in the youtube setup video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back