• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - I am returning back to EQ and have some questions (1 Viewer)

illslim

RedCents
158¢
I played on live from a little after 99 launch till after SoF came out. I believe I used Redguides MQ and your competitor before. I cannot for the life of me remember which I ended up going with the longest. I only used MQ for GoD exp to SoF.
But, now I am wanting to come back and play on an EQ Emulator server using the Underfoot client. And Sic sent me here to ask these questions from youtube.
Do you support EQEmu with UF client on your MQ2 builds?
If so is there a list of plugins that work or not with it?
I do not remember the awesome looking macro for automating your characters being as good as I see on your site. I remember using Shmbot and trying to hack it together for other classes. Then ModBot came out. I still have my ModBot macro and files for SoF.
Does this great looking bot macro you have work on EQEmu servers?
Does Autologin work on EQEmu servers?
The loot window on the server I want to play is the old style. Is there a way to auto-loot what I want to keep while I keep pulling and killing? I remember AutoLoot plugin, but is it still around and working for EQEmu servers? Or does this new macro handle that too?

I really appreciate any answers or help anyone provides.

I played on live from a little after 99 launch till after SoF came out. I believe I used Redguides MQ and your competitor before. I cannot for the life of me remember which I ended up going with the longest. I only used MQ for GoD exp to SoF.
But, now I am wanting to come back and play on an EQ Emulator server using the Underfoot client. And Sic sent me here to ask these questions from youtube.
Do you support EQEmu with UF client on your MQ2 builds?
If so is there a list of plugins that work or not with it?
I do not remember the awesome looking macro for automating your characters being as good as I see on your site. I remember using Shmbot and trying to hack it together for other classes. Then ModBot came out. I still have my ModBot macro and files for SoF.
Does this great looking bot macro you have work on EQEmu servers?
Does Autologin work on EQEmu servers?
The loot window on the server I want to play is the old style. Is there a way to auto-loot what I want to keep while I keep pulling and killing? I remember AutoLoot plugin, but is it still around and working for EQEmu servers? Or does this new macro handle that too?

I really appreciate any answers or help anyone provides.
heyyyy Welcome Illslim!

I don't know too much about emu servers, but we do have quite a few emu folks around.

I don't think this answers your question, but this is the description of our RG Emu
"
"Emulated server" works on: Fan-made (emulated) servers that support the "Rain of Fear" client (RoF2), such as PEQ and EZ. Make sure Very Vanilla is allowed before using.
Does not work on: Project 1999 and others that don't want you using Very Vanilla. "

Does the server absolutely require the Underfoot client?

If the answer is no, then you absolutely should upgrade to ROF2. Akka and all the main devs do recommend it. There are many more features and support and some of the newer emu servers are built around it. It will also save you lots of time and headache.

VV does not work on the UF client. There's versions (very old ones) of MQ2 that do work on UF from mqemu. I do not recommend using them over the VV version, which amazingly mirrors features of Live.

Let me know if you need help acquiring the ROF2 client.

Thank you both for your quick answers. What does VV stand for? And I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the direction of the RoF2 client.
Very Vanilla - this is the RedGuide's Flavor of MQ2 - no active hacks or anything like that - just great community, great plugins, lots of support and active moderators/devs/members etc

Does the server absolutely require the Underfoot client?

If the answer is no, then you absolutely should upgrade to ROF2. Akka and all the main devs do recommend it. There are many more features and support and some of the newer emu servers are built around it. It will also save you lots of time and headache.

VV does not work on the UF client. There's versions (very old ones) of MQ2 that do work on UF from mqemu. I do not recommend using them over the VV version, which amazingly mirrors features of Live.

Let me know if you need help acquiring the ROF2 client.

I need help help finding it Lemons, if it is not a bother.

VV= Very Vanilla. The version of MacroQuest that's supplied here by being a Level 2 member. Well worth it, even though I'm an old curmudgeon who liked compiling his own version.

One source is the EZ Server, which provides a file and cmd line torrent download of the ROF2 client. EZ Server is run by Akkadius, who is kinda the Redbot of Emu. You can see their setup guide at: http://wiki.ezserver.online/Getting_Started

Near the top they have a tinyurl to help you download the client. The client will work for all (vast majority) of emu servers. Some emu servers may require you to download custom spell files etc. Just check their website for specifics.

Also, come join us on Discord!

Illslim, this link isn't for you!!! =P

Thank you both very much. I stumbled upon the EZ Server but thought it was fishy. As I remember no one would talk about how to get a client years ago. I guess something has changed. I will play around with getting RoF2 up tonight. Then think about MQ2 this weekend sometime. Why does it have a 2 in RoF2? Rain of Fear is the expansion I see, but I did not see a RoF1 I guess you could say.

VV= Very Vanilla. The version of MacroQuest that's supplied here by being a Level 2 member. Well worth it, even though I'm an old curmudgeon who liked compiling his own version.

One source is the EZ Server, which provides a file and cmd line torrent download of the ROF2 client. EZ Server is run by Akkadius, who is kinda the Redbot of Emu. You can see their setup guide at: http://wiki.ezserver.online/Getting_Started

Near the top they have a tinyurl to help you download the client. The client will work for all (vast majority) of emu servers. Some emu servers may require you to download custom spell files etc. Just check their website for specifics.

Also, come join us on Discord!

Illslim, this link isn't for you!!! =P

Are there files I need to get from a different client to make RoF2 work? I am reading about some clients needed files from older clients to work properly, but not seeing a list of files needed for RoF2. Unless that EZ Client download has them all in it already.

RoF2 just means it was the second RoF package that was released on Steam. EQEmu tends to "pin" to a client version and that was the last one they pinned to because it was the most widely available.

There were missing files with the Underfoot client, but I don't recall any missing files for RoF2. Maybe some of the older zone files, but unless you're playing on a server that needs those, you're probably okay (and you'll notice when you try to do something that needs them).

The reason it's dodgy regarding client is because you're redistributing someone else's Intellectual Property when you give the client away. It opens the door for piracy and copyright infringement suits.

I am planning on playing on EQTitan. I am wanting to play the puller and tank and let the others do their thing automatically, and one of those things is looting. Thank you methodx. I remember ninjaloot.inc. Can I use my old one from years ago? Or has the plugin changed so much it would not work? The game's loot itself has changed maybe, too?

NEW QUESTIONS, on EQTitan server.

I have successfully installed the RoF2 client and where the door to the guildhall should be it is purple and I cannot click into the guildhall. I do not even have MQ2 on, as someone said I must have a no door plugin on. The door to PoK is there, but I cannot click it either.

Second issue. When I logged in for the first time I spent 30 plus mins setting up my UI how I wanted it. But, when I logged in today it was back to the way it was when I first logged in after fresh install. It seems it is not saving my UI setup. Is there a button I need to hit to make it save it?

Well if you don't have MQ2 running then it's not something that MQ2 is doing. So you'll want to speak with someone at the EQTitan server to get information about doors and such being missing.

UI setup is also an EQ thing. Though typically if you want the UI to save you need to camp out normally in order to get it to save the UI placement. Sometimes closing and reopening a window will force EQ to save the position of a specific window (because when you close it, it needs to save the location so it knows where it should open at the next time you open it)

Well if you don't have MQ2 running then it's not something that MQ2 is doing. So you'll want to speak with someone at the EQTitan server to get information about doors and such being missing.

UI setup is also an EQ thing. Though typically if you want the UI to save you need to camp out normally in order to get it to save the UI placement. Sometimes closing and reopening a window will force EQ to save the position of a specific window (because when you close it, it needs to save the location so it knows where it should open at the next time you open it)

I am trying, but I do not expect super fast response on a EQEmu server. I was hoping one of the Emu players here might have ran into these issues before.

Titan is an older emu server that has specific requirements. Please make sure to read each Emu server's website for details on playing on their server as they will change on every single one.

Please note: As of this time you MUST have either Everquest: Titanium Edition or Everquest: Seeds of Destruction or Everquest: Underfoot in order to play on EQEmu

Step 1 - Installing
Install Titanium or SoD from the disks, no other version will work. Do NOT patch to live. Do not patch at all.

Titan is an older emu server that has specific requirements. Please make sure to read each Emu server's website for details on playing on their server as they will change on every single one.

I have talked to the owner of EQTitan. He says RoF2 works on the server, many are using it. I have SoF and UF and they both work perfectly. I have some files I need to swap out. Like the guildhall and guildlobby so that the door zones work. Thank you Lemons. I read that when I started my come back tour, lol. That is why I reached out to Titan.

I found an old SoE EQ forum post from 2004 (maybe) that someone mentioned having to always right-click their EQ game icon and run it as admin. I tried it and it is remembering what I am altering in the UI Files. I was even able to get rid of the dang vote/poll window.

This should be interesting trying to use Autologin and having to run as admin, unless once I set them up, then run them with just a click of the icon. I have made copies in my back up hard drive and tried from there. Still no good. EZserver's download seems to set it up to be like this.

It's emu so it's more likely the default install directory is older and one that's not normally writeable unelevated.

If it was read only it wouldn't work elevated, either. But since running as admin works, it's probably more likely the regular account just doesn't have permissions to write to wherever it is (program files instead of public, for example).

Question - I am returning back to EQ and have some questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back