• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Human Rights (1 Viewer)

Human Rights, excessive or not excessive?

• Excessive

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Not Excessive

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

BlackObsidian

RedCents
A person makes a long and hard journey from halfway around the world to the UK to seek asylum from <insert bad person here> and the person is then allowed into the UK for consideration.

The person is evaluated and then told, "sorry but you don't qualify for a free house, free car, free job and many many benefits unavailable to those who work their asses off for every hour available to them." and they're then left to wander out of the meeting and into the UK unchallenged.

What the hell is all that about?

The person then goes to see a doctor and is asked for their immigration papers which they obviously cannot provide, HOWEVER the doctor is trained to help any person in any situation and so uses their discretion to LEGALLY provide the person with healthcare which our taxes then pay for.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3847779.stm

"Go to England, they might grant you asylum and you'll get a house, car, job and healthcare... If they don't grant you asylum you'll get a house and healthcare so it's a win-win situation."

And then someone takes the bull by the horns and says, "OK let's make it tough for illegal immigrants to get away with it... Let's send them a "text message" (!?!?!?) reminding them that their not supposed to be here"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6424377.stm

The person is obviously classed as homeless if they're here illegally and then "Human Rights" activists kick up a stink about how it's inhumane and that they should be provided with a home and healthcare DESPITE the fact that they are here ILLEGALLY!

What the hell is the world coming to? Will mankind eventually be able to stab a pregnant woman in the stomach at a bus stop and say "I claim the human right to terminate two other lives because I perceived them to be infringing on my own human right to get on the bus before them!"???

The poll question is strangely worded and I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, so I won't vote, but I will comment.

For the lazy pricks, I will summarise this post: It ticks me off.

The same thing is happening in the US, and I'm equally angered. I have to agree with Reid in that the illegal migrants have no right to be leeching off the government, especially when they're not even paying taxes! I can identify with the legal immigrants to the US, and I believe a lot of people can't because of automatic citizenship through birth, in that I had to go through naturalisation to get my UK citizenship. I had to follow the laws, I had to do something other than breathe.

The simplest solution is the most obvious; deport the illegal persons. However, this requires effort, and likely ultimately costs just as much to pay for investigations and government employees as it would to simply provide healthcare to the illegals. Some people, however, would rather stand on principle and devote money just to inconvenience the illegals.

Another solution would be more costly for the corporations and not so much private taxpayers. This is for the healthcare providers to simply refuse to service illegals, and report them. This would save the government money, in that there would not have to be a government programme to track down the illegals. If an alien is having a heart attack, this is one thing. Save his life, report him to the government. Procedures which would be provided to a citizen, but are not necessary to save a life immediately, should be refused. What it comes down to is that there is a dividing line between what's humane to refuse to a person, and what's inhumane. The humanitarians, in general, need to shut the hell up.

Yeah the poll was supposed to be asking whether people think that human rights is being taken too far and the above was an example of what I mean.

I have perhaps 100 ancestors who emigrated from their native land to the area now known as the United States. Each of them entered without permission. They were ALL illegals! Should I be deported?

Cade, Black, make room for me, because 99 of them were from Britain and y'all will have to repatriate me! Oh, and I will need a job, and a house, and a car, and food, and a computer, and medical assistance to help me conquer my WoW addiction!

As harsh as this is going to sound, if a person moves to any country illegally, why should they be allowed to stay and drain the economy?

The world is a shitty place and it's unfortunate but quite frankly tough. What happens if half of Poland decide that the UK is the place to be and come here illegally when we let people in for evaluation, tell them "no" and then let them go out into the country to leech off the economy?
Taxes go up and that means that native Brits have to sodding well pay for em! And then when we get pissed off at feeding, clothing and housing other people the Human Rights fuckers get involved and start telling us that we're not allowed to.

It's the equivalent of me walking into someone's house and start watching their TV, eating their food, using their resources and they are forced to pay for me to do so. Well why the hell should they? They earned their cash, got taxed on it and bought their stuff, who am I to feel I'm justified to use it just because my life is shit?

If the Human Rights people want to complain about it, I think they should be the ones letting them come into their homes and giving them a place to live. If they can't deal with that, then don't complain :p

All refugee and illegal immigrants need to be deported with extreme prejudice.

The only migrants allowed should be skilled, english speaking ones with enough money to support themselves while they find a job.

I am 100% against most of the 'human rights' stuff going on with illegal immigrants...

specially here in the US a few months ago when congress actually had to discuss IN SESSION if ILLEGAL immigrants should be allowed to stay if they've lived hear for like 7 years or something...

i don't really give a fuck how long they've been here...they are ILLEGAL...

that's like saying that anyone who has been doing cocaine for 7 years get's a "get-out-of-jail-free" card because he's been doing it so long...it's insane

My view is that i don't really care who you are...what your story is...or anything else...if you are in my country illegally, and too damn lazy to go through the process of gaining citizenship...then you need to get the hell out...these people are the only CRIMINALS that can get away without being CRIMINALS...it's ridiculous...

This entire controversy is caused by a flawed immigration system. If it were easier for smart, English-speaking Mexicans to immigrate then there wouldn't be a problem.

new law...(and yes I really do 100% believe in this)

if you can't speak understandable english, and you are over the age of 18 (maybe 8...) then you shouldn't be a US Citizen...

(i wouldn't want to become a citizen of france if i couldn't speak japanese...:D

Human Rights

Users who are viewing this thread

Back