• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

how to target/attack a mob off xtar (1 Viewer)

RedCents
40¢
Could use some help on how to make a hotkey that would make my guys assist and attack a mob that wont show on xtar. I use eqbc and, cwtn on all my toons. Thanks!

I would highly advise against targeting anything that isn't in range for xtar. This is a red flag for automation and could catch you a suspension / ban
yea, this is sus as hell.. however, there are a couple mobs/events in EQ when you have to target non xtar stuff, assuming thats what OP is asking for (EoK partistans, Under Siege (raid), Doomshade (new))

in certain instances /tar command is handy while doing megadeath achieve barrels and rocks dont attack and dont show on xtar so i did hot key and spammed it over and over again
/tar a pile of rocks
/pet attack
/hidecorpse all

yea, this is sus as hell.. however, there are a couple mobs/events in EQ when you have to target non xtar stuff, assuming thats what OP is asking for (EoK partistans, Under Siege (raid), Doomshade (new))

I'd still recommend click to target in these cases. Don't want to take a risk

wasnt trying to seem sus, i didnt know =(

Best to be extra cautious

in certain instances /tar command is handy while doing megadeath achieve barrels and rocks dont attack and dont show on xtar so i did hot key and spammed it over and over again
/tar a pile of rocks
/pet attack
/hidecorpse all

I understand this. However, with the taget command, we have further reach than normal players. And sometimes we don't think about that, and could land us in hot water. For instance, with normal target non-MQ, you can only target something so far. With MQ assistance you can target something outside this range. But there is no indicator I am aware of that will let you know the mob is outside the "normal" range when using target.

you guys are missing the forest for the trees. he wants an easy way to target something in range to fight that doesnt go onto xtar. theres lots of things in the game like this.
that said use an assist key here is mine:
image.png

you guys are missing the forest for the trees. he wants an easy way to target something in range to fight that doesnt go onto xtar. theres lots of things in the game like this.
that said use an assist key here is mine:
image.png
Thanks for sharing...but...

OP never mentioned anything "in range". He merely asked how to target something not on xtar. Based on that ask, he was told to be careful NOT to target something NOT in range.

he specifically said that wont show on xtar to me that is clearly something like for example the crystals on big bynn or anything else of that nature. he also later clarified the exact thing he wanted it for

how to target/attack a mob off xtar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back