• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How to Play a warrior? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
Ok so I'm about to ding 105, and I just realized I haven't played a warrior since 85 was the cap. How does one play one these days?

Do I pop defender a lot or which skills do I need to use for taunting, AE taunting situations and how to handle them... that type of thing.

I'm going to create a new macro (Auto-Warrior) I like to keep it original lol.

Its kind of a complicated post. Lol I'll try to answer some of your questions though

For tanking its pretty simple concept. Immediate agro-stay alive. I keep a lot of my basic agro skills smashed because a lot of them have repel type protective things, and honestly warriors have so many damn agro tools now your pretty much always going to have something thats not on cooldown. Phantom aggressor, insult, and harassing shout are a couple of the abilities i keep as "mash keys"

For AE agro you have AE taunt (will put you at top of list no matter what) Strongest but also longest cooldown. Definitely your go-to if shits everywhere. Won't break mezz.
stormstrike blades-which is a decent ae agro, its also a small ae so it will break mez, gotta keep that in mind because a lot of mezzes memblur now so even if you think you have agro mobs can get loose on you.
roar of challenge-small ae agro of 3 mobs and lowers accuracy. definitely more of a spam type if you have a couple mobs and want to make sure they are controlled

where it gets fun with ae agro is stuff like wade in to batttle and the new harmonious expanse. When you get healed with harmonious expanse on you its going to create an AE agro effect similar to a rune (this is also why energizing attachment or a rune proc is probably your goto for tank wep)

Wade into battle does the same type of effect, but whenever mobs are hitting you. These two are definitely your go to abilities if you have a steady flow of mobs inc to you since we don't have good, fast refresh abilities.

Warrior is a pretty easy class, but everything is very situational. I would "think" that would make it hard to do a bot such as your autocleric, but hey your a damn professional and its ridiculous what clerics can do with that.

Warriors are fun because of a lot of flexibility now. DPS is fantastic so situations really change to see if you can go pure tank mode where you need to constantly watch etw or you can just beat some monks on parses :P

where it gets fun with ae agro is stuff like wade in to batttle and the new harmonious expanse. When you get healed with harmonious expanse on you its going to create an AE agro effect similar to a rune (this is also why energizing attachment or a rune proc is probably your goto for tank wep)

It's not similar to rune at all. Rune being a beneficial spell is subjected to a witness checking meaning there is a chance it doesn't cause any aggro. HE casts a PB AE hate spell that increases your current hate for 2%. It also has a hate override of 7979 at rank 1 (which means the spell will always add 7979 hate, pre mod. I assume the 2% hate increase spell effect is applied so the hate override doesn't ruin things)

I do agree with what you say though. I don't know the high level shit, but it's all solid advice. (there is a tds +dmg and rune proc aug, I would highly recommend this, which is what you recommend as well, higher DMG augs will increase your DPS, but not your hate, especially AE aggro. Going something like AC/HP etc could be argued as a good idea, but I still think rune proc is more worthwhile :P)

I'm playing around with these concepts now, and doing all kinds of crap with the warrior to get a good feel for what he can and can't do. They are godly tank class, expecially compared to the piece of shit tank merc I have been using. My warrior is just now breaking into 300 Defense and he already tanks 5x better than the merc. I have kiss-assist going atm, but I hate it. I'll probably start developing an Auto-Warrior type macro soon after I get my legs under me. Thanks for the feedback guys much apreciated!

Eat a bag dicks.

Lmao

Did your mug arrive?

It did... and now I'm really wishing I washed it before pouring coffee into it his morning... :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. KissAssist is an amazing macro, I just hate configuring things, and constantly editing and tweaking the ini is just a pain in the ass. I am lazy, I just want it to do everything without any kind of configuration. KissAssist will always be more popular because your average man can tweak it WAAAAYYY more than my macros, but for me... Automatic awesomeness is just better ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Ok been working away on the Warrior macro and there is some really amazing things I'll be able to do with this. Warrior is such a simplistic class to play, but I realized as I dove into the combat ability and alt ability discriptions that most folks just play them wrong. Looks like Spell and CombatAbility TLOs were expanded by eqmule this year which is probably why most folks never bothered with it. It is quite fasinating as I've started coding Auto-War and the capabilities that it will have. I'll make an official post, but I anticipate this surpassing Auto-Cleric in the way it will handle adds, tankability, and overall game play. It really has opened up a part of this game I haven't achieved without active hacks.

Much thanks to Razkle, Maskoi, and rest of you all on redguides for helping me understand this class a bit better.

Hello NH and all, and thank you for considering this essential Macro which i think will be very popular like AutoCleric. My first EQ toon was a warrior, played this class for more than 15 years now and i did live in TheSteelWarrior forum at some time. With all that said, please don't consider me as a class expert, i'm just casual with few years of wavy raiding times.

I'll just list some facts about this class that you need to consider for making this macro:

- Class is not simplistic to play as you mentioned, it's VERY situational.

- Many discs share many timers, it sounds obvious like other melee classes but devs still cleaning up what previous devs have modified since Underfoot expansion.

- At some points it can be Endurance hog, there some tricks to use (AAs - using lower level discs - etc) to solve this issue.

- Warriors can boost group DPS using some AA's and maybe clickies.

- Warriors Roar/Bellow disc line (Bazu Bellow, Krondal's roar) lands a certain amount of aggro but continues to feed aggro like a necro DoT.

- Warriors got AC Aura (Champion's Aura).

- Warriors can boost incoming healing for a short time and passive as well using AA's.

- Warriors can boost aggro in EoK simply by heals landing on them.

- Warrior's best aggro weapon aug so far which has been tested heavily..............Rune line of procs.

- Warriors received a noticable boost in DPS when using Two Hand weapons.

- Warriors can boost their AC using AA's (Active and Passive).

- Warriors can Fade and lose aggro with AA's.

- Warrior's best tanking stance since Underfoot expansion is Shield and Sword.

- Warriors need the AA (Weapon Stances) at level 85 before you even consider buying Combat Stability/Agility.

- Warrior's can crowd aggro without breaking a mez, and the opposite as well.

- Iksar Warriors still getting AC boost from level 1.

- Most Warriors start their aggro grip using Roar/Bellow line of discs (Bazu Bellow - Krondal's roar - etc).

- Best Warriors should FLANK their mobs for pets and group can hit from behind.

- Best Warriors should have clicky shrink.

- Best Warriors should have OverThere Hammer for quick escape.

- Best Warriors handle Raid bosses/Nameds by securing aggro first while Fortitude disc is running.......Just before Fortitude ends they Fire Flash of Anger whichs lasts 8 seconds.........During the 8 seconds Last Stand Disc is fired so there wont be any gaps for any incoming dps spikes from Raid Boss or Named.

- Best Warriors use Geomentra clicky before engaging a non-trivial opponent.

- Best Warriors should have their Anguish BP Clicky.

- Warriors with low AC should keep Field Armorer disc line up when tanking heavy dps mobs.

- Smart Warriors save their (No Time to Bleed) disc line to be used with (Staunch Defense) disc line once (Last Stand Disc) goes down for long lasting fights.

- The most ESSENTIAL stat for Warriors is simply AC.

- Warriors Max AA's before EoK expansion used to be 12K something, now i think it exceeds 17K.

If i find anything else i'll update, Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:
Much apreciated guys, this is very helpful. I hope to have a rough draft of Auto-War that I'll send to you guys at the end of this week.

My goals for the macro is:
-Fast Engage (right as mobs enter camp, and before hitting puller)
-Aggro management (2+ mobs, incorporating EoK lines and other skills)
-Self-preservation with AAs/Discs

You are right about Warriors not being as simple as I thought. There are multiple skills / utilities that make them gods when tanking. I still have a couple hundred lines of code to go before I can give it the first run through. Overall, I think this macro will make the game pretty much easy mode lol.

I was asked up update my defense include file, and needed some input on the warrior side as, I don't play one very often (unlikely I will be on mine for months) You are welcome to look it over. I am NOT a tank expert by any means, the warrior stuff is what I code is what I cooked up talking to some raiding friends of mine on how they do hard fights. Not trying to hijack your thread but maybe I can get some questiosn answered =)

EoK came with 3 things for warrior... a shield topple upgrade... and 2 harmonious disc that proc AE hate when the warrior is healed (one additionally boosts healing when healed)

The shield topple upgrade disc...how endurance draining is it to keep up during hard/named fights... reading the numbers doesn't translate well into practicle sometime so rather get an opinion from someoen who is actually using it

how big is the AE hate off the new abilities. I always get leery about tieing AE stuff to automatic function after some nasty dungeon wipes.

Yeah the more I dig into the spell timer IDs and the more i'm like WTF!?! Warriors use skills 4-6 expansions old in some situations, and on top of that most their abilities don't spam well (drains endurance to fast). Its quite interesting and thanks warlock for the inc file that is also very helpful. Based on what I've read and game mechanics I have the best of the best lineup, but it drains endurance like its going out of style (My warrior is badly undergearred and AA'd). Gotta work on tweaking this.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is case and point of just the one offs that the devs developed a mechanic for ONLY once then abandoned future upgrades.... Like seriously WTF!? and then there is ones that were only upgraded once (Shield Topple for instance)
Rich (BB code):
|--One off discs
	/if (${Me.Level}>=101 && ${Me.CombatAbility[${Spell[Dichotomic Shielding].RankName}]}) /varset bmdisc ${Spell[Dichotomic Shielding].RankName}
	/if (${Me.Level}>=59 && ${Me.CombatAbility[${Spell[Fortitude Discipline].RankName}]}) /varset missall ${Spell[Fortitude Discipline].RankName}
	/if (${Me.Level}>=102 && ${Me.CombatAbility[${Spell[Pain Doesn't Hurt].RankName}]}) /varset absorball ${Spell[Pain Doesn't Hurt].RankName}
	/if (${Me.Level}>=87 && ${Me.CombatAbility[${Spell[Flash of Anger].RankName}]}) /varset parryall ${Spell[Flash of Anger].RankName}
	/if (${Me.Level}>=99 && ${Me.CombatAbility[${Spell[Wade in to Battle].RankName}]}) /varset aeselfbuff ${Spell[Wade in to Battle].RankName}
	/if (${Me.Level}>=102 && ${Me.CombatAbility[${Spell[Harmonious Expanse].RankName}]}) /varset aehealhate ${Spell[Harmonious Expanse].RankName}

- - - Updated - - -

Just using a couple discs my crappy warrior is like a god in group content... with properly utilizing all of them... Its just not fair. Just have to solve my endurance problem now.

- - - Updated - - -

I was asked up update my defense include file, and needed some input on the warrior side as, I don't play one very often (unlikely I will be on mine for months) You are welcome to look it over. I am NOT a tank expert by any means, the warrior stuff is what I code is what I cooked up talking to some raiding friends of mine on how they do hard fights. Not trying to hijack your thread but maybe I can get some questiosn answered =)

EoK came with 3 things for warrior... a shield topple upgrade... and 2 harmonious disc that proc AE hate when the warrior is healed (one additionally boosts healing when healed)

The shield topple upgrade disc...how endurance draining is it to keep up during hard/named fights... reading the numbers doesn't translate well into practicle sometime so rather get an opinion from someoen who is actually using it

how big is the AE hate off the new abilities. I always get leery about tieing AE stuff to automatic function after some nasty dungeon wipes.

One change I'd recommend making to your code
Rich (BB code):
/if (${Window[CombatAbilityWnd].Child[CAW_CombatEffectLabel].Text.Equal[No Effect]})
Needs to be changed to
Rich (BB code):
/if (!${Me.ActiveDisc.ID})

Better to pull direct from the TLO than read the UI Window, as it causes lag.

I guess the one big difference is if you build the breather line in. Even in an endurance heavy lineup for exp if there is enough of a pause for the warrior to get that off they can sustain for ages. Additionally, you could build the agro discs to fire if the second top agro is above x% agro. That way discs aren't being used pointlessly. If the second highest on agro is at 40% then there is no reason for the warrior to blow multiple agro discs, the mob is already locked. Regarding discs some havent been upgraded in more than 5-6 expansions (see dps).

How to save endurance on a caual group warrior

For Aggro:

- Get enough AA's and a nice ratio weapon (DPS First, Proc rate comes next) you shouldn't need to spend too much endurance securing aggro.
- Get Rune Line weapon Aug, it helps with crowd aggro, it also works on already mezzed mobs. (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=113259 or the TDS one http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=120802)
- Use some Scorpion potions (Player Rogue made)
- Visit PoTime and get http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=21181 from Saryn (It's not much but it adds up).
- Make sure you get very close to and hug your mob (Proximity aggro).
- Always engage mobs using Bellow/Roar disc.
- Always watch your aggro meter, anticipate and adjust accordingly.
- Always educate your group on how to control aggro.
- Sit! sometimes it brings a straying mob straight to you, stand up by firing a clicky or aggro disc.
- Use nuke clickies.
- Use pet proc weapons.
- Use begging skill and make a hotkey for that.
- Use some endurance-less ability to secure aggro like Gut Punch and some other AA's.

For Defense:

- Get more and better AC augs.
- Get better Armor.
- Get your easy 8% dodge aug from LDoN (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=23668)
- Get your Alaran defense item (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=100417)
- Get some easy RoF trophies (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=106354)
- Invest in some chase items with better tanking mods (Better imrpoved dodge/parry/etc)
- Raise your heroic agility as much as you can.
- Make sure you are using Shield and sword when you tank hard mobs.
- Get yourself some stats food and drink (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=111237)
- Always have your AC aura (It's 100AC but helps, and it casts on your group as well).
- Get your AC clicky from TDS (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=118756)

I hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
This are moving along very nicely now. Thanks for the feedback guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok 564 lines of code done... First draft complete, and it is working a little too well. Just pulled 6 Level 107 mobs and he tanked them like a champ... even with me trying to kill him by attacking wrong mobs... Merc Casters on Burn... held aggro 100%.

- - - Updated - - -

Still a couple more things to iron out... seems to be blowing through discs a bit too fast. I'll release something tomorrow and hopefully get that ironed out.

I'm interested in trying this out with my 2 warriors. One is raid geared and the other one is EoK T1 geared mainly. Once you get the Honed Wurmy, it's almost impossible to die anyways!

Courious about
Rich (BB code):
vs
Rich (BB code):
/if (${Window[CombatAbilityWnd].Child[CAW_CombatEffectLabel].Text.Equal[No Effect]})
The second ond looks to see if your combat window says you have an active disc running, and still allows you to use other combat abilities that don't use that particular disc window, does the 1st one allow that as well? Becouse you could have an "active Disc" but not use the combat abilities timer window.

Courious about
Rich (BB code):
vs
Rich (BB code):
The second ond looks to see if your combat window says you have an active disc running, and still allows you to use other combat abilities that don't use that particular disc window, does the 1st one allow that as well? Becouse you could have an "active Disc" but not use the combat abilities timer window.

Yes they both do the same thing. As the ones that don't use the Combat Ability window either is instant cast, buff or song.

- - - Updated - - -

Still working on this, it is working decent... but I need to add some more polish to it before its ready for public consumption.

What i do for my warrior:

Field Guardian - Keep up at all times

Pain doesn't hurt - 2 or 3 pulls depending on the difficulty of the mobs
Last Stand (or EoK equiv) - I usually save this for nameds or larger pulls, 3 - 5 mobs usually and I pop last stand
Armor of darkened runes (or EoK equiv) - This is usually used when Last stand is down or in unison with Pain doesn't hurt for more difficult pulls.
Stout Defense (or EoK equiv) - this is used in unison with pain doesn't hurt. Save armor/last stand for something harder

Pain doesn't hurt stacks with both of these and with your other burns too. If you use everything all at once you beomce neigh invincible for awhile.

Warlord Tenacity - This is usually reserved for trickier pulls and it depends on what other burns are up/down. This is a good pair with Last stand for large pulls or nameds because of the longer cooldown
Third Spire - I usually use this with pain doesn't hurt/For a bot you'll want to pop it when you're spiking a lot on a fight OR when you get 3 or more mobs. I think that would be the best usage of this ability.
Hold the Line - This I usually use willy nilly randomly when it is up. OR I save it for when I do super large pulls of 10 + mobs and I pop it with all my other crap. For a bot you'll want to pop it when you're spiking a lot on a fight OR when you get 3 or more mobs. I think that would be the best usage of this ability.
Resplendent Glory - This I usually use willy nilly randomly when it is up. OR I save it for when I do super large pulls of 10 + mobs and I pop it with all my other crap. For a bot you'll want to pop it when you're spiking a lot on a fight OR when you get 3 or more mobs. I think that would be the best usage of this ability.

Warrior's Bulwark I usually use when I use Armor of Darkened Runes/Last stand.

Rage of the Forsaken use with Warlord's Fury on larger pulls then you use Stormwheel/Rampage for agro

Save area taunt for when stormwheel/Rage of the forsaken are both off cooldown. In my experience Stormwheel + rage = solid agro.

Use Phantom Aggressor AND Projection of Fury 3 seconds or so apart and they will chain taunt off of each other and build the warrior almost permanent agro on nameds.

Phantom Aggressor (or EoK equiv) is also really useful if you toss it on an add when you get multiples in camp.

Imperator's Precision increases your groups DPS by 30%. Use that over the other abilities it shares a cooldown with. Most of them have stacking issues.

Flash of Anger (A HoT disc that you can use modern day) I would have the bot use it at 20% OR when you pull 5+ mobs

Mark of the Mage Hunter (if the bot reads incoming spell damage)

Unflinching Attention - Tell the bot to use this on an additional mob when it targets a group member/when a group member is spiking

Ageless - Similar usage, although it will only give you 99% of their agro if I recall correctly, so a second ability will still need to be used.

Warrior's Dichotomic Line - it uses WAY too much endurance, ignore it imho.

Essentially the Warrior class is built around its cooldowns. You can blow them all at once and become invincible for about a minute or you can use them sparingly and never stop pulling/never die. If you have any other questions now that I saw this thread I can answer mostly all of your warrior questions and help you design the bot around how a warrior should be properly played. It is different for a group and raid scenario and I am going to assume you're building your bot around a group scenario so I am going to keep the information i am giving you strictly that.

dicho is a great ability its similar to pain dont hurt and wade into battle at once, so it is quite usable. u dont need anything on regular mobs but fighting (get a rune proc) and get ur prayer shawl of the duke (another rune chance when u block) and phantom, gut punch, tormenting shout, and incite (letting taunt cycle with sneer on)... knee strike at 15%, u can keep field protector up if u want but staunch on a constant rotation is overkill.... after this u pong taunt with blast of anger and the same other 3 abilities (letting taunt cycle ). now on namer pulls i usually second spire and pain dont hurt (maybe staunce defense), when that runs out i last stand and t1 tds bp, then when that runs its course if ur still fighting use tenacity and armor of darkened runes, by then the first 2 will be refreshed... and thats a very good rotation in raid tanking just be sure to let ur clerics know what ur doing as their heals will change when tenacity hits... 17 yr vet on a war here, on a burn for a war for a raid name do exactly what lurk said phantom and projection of fury 2 seconds apart, they taunt every 4 seconds so thats a 2 second leeway there, u alternate ur taunt between that and u keep agro period... that covers the defensives for the most part, in a live group i use flash at the start of a namer pull so cleric can be prepared also on a raid namer (not in a autocleric group) i keep fortitude/furious (same timer) for when tshtf.

let me know when u want to know about tanking for dps

Let me make playing warrior simple, all he has to do is break off a mop handle and shove it up the mob's ass and hold on, the wizzies will roast that mob like a marshmallow in a bonfire!

- - - Updated - - -

Much apreciated guys, this is very helpful. I hope to have a rough draft of Auto-War that I'll send to you guys at the end of this week.

My goals for the macro is:
-Fast Engage (right as mobs enter camp, and before hitting puller)
-Aggro management (2+ mobs, incorporating EoK lines and other skills)
-Self-preservation with AAs/Discs

You are right about Warriors not being as simple as I thought. There are multiple skills / utilities that make them gods when tanking. I still have a couple hundred lines of code to go before I can give it the first run through. Overall, I think this macro will make the game pretty much easy mode lol.

Do I read this correct, AutoWar will be TANK only, not puller? I live and die by my warrior pulling with a bow, fuck, bow pulls work so well my SKs are switching to a bow! With kiss you shoot the arrow... the tank turns and runs back to camp, the arrow hits and the mob comes running all pissed off that some asshat shot him with a twig and the wizzies nuke the living shit outta the mob....

Let me make playing warrior simple, all he has to do is break off a mop handle and shove it up the mob's ass and hold on, the wizzies will roast that mob like a marshmallow in a bonfire!

- - - Updated - - -

Do I read this correct, AutoWar will be TANK only, not puller? I live and die by my warrior pulling with a bow, fuck, bow pulls work so well my SKs are switching to a bow! With kiss you shoot the arrow... the tank turns and runs back to camp, the arrow hits and the mob comes running all pissed off that some asshat shot him with a twig and the wizzies nuke the living shit outta the mob....

If I do code pulling... I will make it so AFK tools MUST be used. I hate that Kiss gives the option for pulling and AFK tools, as AFK killing without proper player radiuses set is extremely bad for the MQ2 community. Imo, Kiss putting pulling in with AFK tools optional was incredibly short sighted and a horrible decision. Needless to say, pulling is the very last thing and last priority for Auto-War. Long story short, if you want to AFK macro... you probably won't be using my macros.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so I've thought about this and now maintaining 3 Auto macros is starting to get cumbersome on the re-writes. I'm going to have to do major overhaul on all 3 macros to make this more streamlined for maintenance.

Breaking out Follow, Camp, FindTarget, and various other universal Sub-routines into an INC file that all the macros have is a must going forward. Sadly this means pushing out release date of auto-war, but it gives me an idea for a more universal macro.

Kiss-Assist is so popular since you can just hit run on all the macros and the syntax is the same across characters. I plan on standardizing the aliases to the Kiss standard and making one macro that will launch the needs macro for your class. The library will consist of Autoclass.mac, Autowar.mac, Autocleric.mac, Autobard.mac, and Autosubs.inc

This hirearchy will serve as a platform for development of any of the auto macros now and future. It also makes maintenance and launches simplistic.

TLDR; in the future you will just type /bcaa //mac autoclass

dicho is a great ability

Dicho is a great ability but it uses way too much endurance and unless the ability got changed I didn't use it in groups or in raids (unless my warrior was about to eat shit and I knew it, aka all other cooldowns are used and I am fighting a really hard boss).

For a bot, it's going to be medding an awful lot if you put this ability as a core part of the rotation and I am honestly 100% going into the code and removing it if this ability makes it into the release version because I have been waiting for someone to make a warrior ONLY macro to replace KA. Dicho doesn't serve much a purpose outside of raids unless you just want to piss away your endurance which is all the ability will do. There are other cooldowns you should be using in GROUPS (notice I don't say raids because tanking on raids is way way way different) that use less endurance and can't -always- be on cooldown.

Warriors, if played right, are gods. Literally fucking gods amongst men of Everquest. But they have to be played just right.

well I just started playing a warrior and doing a lot of research on abilities, so far in group content not hardly impressed with a warrior (been an SK for yrs can molo FM nameds with wiz merc) but i'll give him a chance I'm a noob still so thats probably why

well I just started playing a warrior and doing a lot of research on abilities, so far in group content not hardly impressed with a warrior (been an SK for yrs can molo FM nameds with wiz merc) but i'll give him a chance I'm a noob still so thats probably why

I find that SKs make the best warrior bot tanks. Warriors though make the best player tanks.

It takes a lot of learning and a lot of mastering. Just don't get discouraged and you'll see the class shine after about a month or two of playing it. I only cover in my other post about how to rotate your burns but nothing about actually playing. Maybe I will make another post giving a run down of that later today.

Ultimately I save Blast of Anger for pulling and I have two macros I spam when mobs are incamp to build agro/dps them and the rest of playing a warrior is learning how to rotate your cooldowns in literally every aspect.

They will never be as good at soloing as an SK. Warriors are built to be a raid tank but can shine in a group scenario with a group as well if the person playing knows their stuff.

yeah definitely gonna take me awhile, they have a bunch of clicks thats situational and stacks. So far he can tank everything in EoK I've come across in T1 gear and very few augs, so can't wait to see when he's geared and augged. and I learn wth i'm doing lol

yeah definitely gonna take me awhile, they have a bunch of clicks thats situational and stacks. So far he can tank everything in EoK I've come across in T1 gear and very few augs, so can't wait to see when he's geared and augged. and I learn wth i'm doing lol

The Omens of War breastplate is useful as well on Warrior tanks. I forgot the exact name of it and I am not ingame but if you don't know what I am talking about I will post back later when I remember, or maybe someone can help out. It's a damage reduction clicky from skill damage that stacks with every single other warrior burn.

The reason I like playing a warrior more than an SK though is because on a Warrior you can literally "panic" and blow EVERY SINGLE COOLDOWN YOU HAVE and survive with like spot heals even on a raid boss. It's funny as hell and just totally nuts. I mean of course it's extremely inefficient to do that but just knowing you can.... Is really cool =P

Is there a way for a macro/MQ2 to end a DISC that uses the countdown timer on the Combat Ability window? As far as I know, you have to left click the icon in the CA window to end it. When I play my warrior, I always run stout defense, but when I run the warrior with the macro I use, I never use stout defense because if the warrior has to use Last Defense, you'd first need to end stout defense which seemingly the macro I use cannot do.

Is there a way for a macro/MQ2 to end a DISC that uses the countdown timer on the Combat Ability window? As far as I know, you have to left click the icon in the CA window to end it. When I play my warrior, I always run stout defense, but when I run the warrior with the macro I use, I never use stout defense because if the warrior has to use Last Defense, you'd first need to end stout defense which seemingly the macro I use cannot do.

In this thread William12 kindly posted his holies. They contained the following which may be which may be of interest to you:

Rich (BB code):
holyshit0=/if (${Macro.RunTime}>1 && ${Macro.Name.NotEqual[loot.mac]} && ${Me.Combat} && ${Target.PctHPs}<98 && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1 && ${Melee.AggroMode} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[${Spell[Last Stand Discipline].RankName}]} && ${Me.XTarget}>=3 && ${Me.ActiveDisc.Name.NotEqual[Fortitude]}) /multiline ; /stopdisc ; /delay 5 ; /Disc ${Spell[Last Stand Discipline].RankName}
holyshit1=/if (${Macro.RunTime}>1 && ${Macro.Name.NotEqual[loot.mac]} && ${Me.Combat} && ${Target.PctHPs}<98 && ${Me.PctEndurance}>1 && ${Melee.AggroMode} && ${Me.CombatAbilityReady[${Spell[Last Stand Discipline].RankName}]} && ${Target.Named} && ${Me.ActiveDisc.Name.NotEqual[Fortitude]}) /multiline ; /stopdisc ; /delay 5 ; /Disc ${Spell[Last Stand Discipline].RankName}

dicho is not for every day use and rotation, ae use however, is different. pull 2 or 3 and it functions like wade as in aoe no dmg and multiplies ur agro. i use it on any multiple pull along with wade and situationally blades (less so cause of dmg component and breaks mez) and of course ae taunt. all this being said i do not afk play a war in my group so i make decisions based on what i see not a program with a set rotation. do not disreguard this ability as not to be used its one of the warriors few ae taunt abilities, in this reguard its very usable and handy, i couldnt tell u how many times a cleric backs up, agros a mob, is healing for ur original pull, i pop dicho blades and flash then 1: gain agro, 2: save cleric, 3: give cleric time to adjust for new pulls and save u (autocleric dosent have this problem).... this being said the short reuse time on dicho is simply ur best ae agro u have along with blades (similar recycle time)

Question - How to Play a warrior?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back