• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

How to compile plugins? (1 Viewer)

king007

RedCents
Ok this is one for you compilers. I figured out how to compile the mq2 source code and almost got making plugins down. Now when I get the source from mq site and then get plugin source from that site or this one what do I need to change to make the plugin compile with the source?? Also great job to all those who get out the compiles each and every time here. :confused:

thanks

Say you've seen an interesting looking plugin on the forums and you'd like to try it out, how exactly do you go about doing it?

* Open up a command prompt (Start - Run - "cmd") and navigate to your MQ2 source directory (eg. cd \mq2-latest).
* Type "mkplugin <plugin_name>". Use the name of the plugin from the forum post (eg. "mkplugin MQ2Melee").
* This will create the directory under your MQ2 source root and add a few files in there. Go to this directory in Explorer and open the <plugin_name>.cpp file (eg. MQ2Melee.cpp) in your favourite text editor (notepad will work just fine). If you don't have any file extensions on your files (ie. none of them end with .cpp), then in Explorer go to Tools - Folder Options - View tab and untick "Hide file extensions for known file types".
* Replace the contents of this file with the code copied from the forum post. This code will generally start with a header indicating the name of the plugin, author, and maybe a brief description of the function of the plugin. An example of the first few lines of the MQ2Melee plugin are below:

//=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=//
// MQ2Melee.cpp |
// Author: s0rCieR |
// Version: 3.000 |
// Date: 20060213 |
// #define aabug when alt abilities broken!
// #define cabug when combat abilities broken!

#include "../MQ2Plugin.h"
PreSetup("MQ2Melee"); PLUGIN_VERSION(3.000);

* Some plugins require additional files to be included as well (eg. .ccp, .h or .inc). Just create these files in the plugin directory with the names as given in the forum post. Make sure to save them as plain text documents with the correct extension (ie. do not save them with .txt extension) otherwise the plugin will not find them.
* After you've got the plugin created and all the files copied, open up the main MacroQuest2 project and add your newly created project:
o In VS .NET, go to File->Add Project->Existing project, and select the <plugin_name>.vcproj (eg. MQ2Melee.vcproj).

What do you do when there is no vcproj file created? The only such file created in my directory is for ISXEQ

o In VS 6, Go to Projects->Insert Projects into workspace, then select <plugin_name>.dsp (eg. MQ2Melee.dsp).
* Compile the plugin. (instructions?)

Right outta the wiki http://www.macroquest2.com/wiki/index.php/MacroQuest2:Plugins#Compiling_Plugins

* After you've got the plugin created and all the files copied, open up the main MacroQuest2 project and add your newly created project:
o In VS .NET, go to File->Add Project->Existing project, and select the <plugin_name>.vcproj (eg. MQ2Melee.vcproj).

Thanks pugs this is what i think im loooking for

How to compile plugins?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back