• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How many computers can run very vanilla

(I don't know the answer)
I'm not sure there is a limit - I have 6 PCs here that I run various things on (not often all at once, but can do)

I believe (but can't remember where I read it so can't provide a source) that you are allowed to have very vanilla on as many computers as you would like with a single Redguides account as long as you are not sharing the account with another individual.

So using 1 RG account to install VV on 3 desktops, a laptop, and your work computer without your bosses permission - fine
Using 1 RG account to install VV on your computer and then letting you're cousin from Texas and your friend from Minnesota - not fine

@Redbot would be the person who is able to let you know if any of the above is incorrect.

We have no DRM on Very Vanilla itself. We have some folks pushing for us to add it and I might give in someday, but I like to trust our community.

If you're sharing your RG account with an entire guild and they're all logging in on the same day, we'll contact you and have a chat but that's about it.

Last edited:
The VV is also "free" if you're active enough and contribute to the community. There's no real reason to scam the system or try to game your way to getting free MQ2.

That's a large part of why we have so few cases of account sharing, everyone finds a way to contribute on their own.

We have no DRM on Very Vanilla itself. We have some folks pushing for us to add it and I might give in someday, but I like to trust our community.

If you're sharing your RG account with an entire guild and they're all logging in on the same day, we'll contact you and have a chat but that's about it.

I'd also like to think this community, in general, wouldn't have folks dick-ish enough to repackage and release VV. I appreciate the hard work these folks put in and the fact they always leave an opportunity for the rest of us to contribute.

Plus, easiest solution is to pay them $10 a month and then play on test. ;-)

Honestly, I am not sure the question. How many computers can be linked and using VV?
I am pretty sure any machine capable of running EQ can easily handle running VV . . . even the (now 5 years old) laptop board inside a desktop case with 4 GB or ram was capable of running 10 EQ accounts without VV running (with the Winblows 10 upgrade that dropped to 8 accounts), and by the time I got a new machine It can still run both without issues, but I'm not using it any longer.
I am pretty sure your imagination and pocketbook are your only limits

Question - How many computers can run very vanilla

Users who are viewing this thread

Back