• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How long does a Transfer take now? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
8,490¢
I am doing an account to account transfer and wanted to know how long it has taken other members these days? Running just a cleric / bard duo was cool and all, but I'm at a stand still in the current expansion just because I can't pass the DPS checks on certain events. So I'm transfering one of my max gear/aa'd chars to another account on another server.

Thanks,
Noobhaxor

I've read some horror stories on the DBG forums. Sounds like it's taking weeks and months possibly to get it done. My friend is literally giving me one of his Enchanters that he no longer uses if I just take care of the Xfer off the account and I don't even think I want to deal with it if it's just going to be a cluster fuck.

edit - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...rs-open-for-ragefire-lockjaw-phinigel.230135/

theres the official post, a few people relating their problems, and some issues with GMs closing petitions and things.

I have had it happen in 1 day and I have had it take 3 weeks. The key seems to be getting your hands on the "form" they reply with and filling it out FAST!

When I moved servers, I moved some to new accounts too, most of them were 3-4 days average, but a few were nightmares, one I gave up on and just servertransfered and left him there. That was over a month of them sayng they had no idea the next team up would deal with the transfer.

I posted a petition for a transfer the night of 3 24 and received the email for the information for the form filled that out on 3 25 sent it in and then got an email about an hour later confirming my information was correct and requesting how i would like to pay and replied and had the character transferred about an hour later it was crazy fast!

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a copy of the form they request directly from the email from daybreak games.
Source Account
- Your Real Name:
- Station Username:
- Name on Credit Card:
- The last 4 digits of the Credit Card used on the account:
- Full Billing Address:
- Current answer to security question: ()
- Email Address:

How to look up your Security Question: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217513308

Character Info
- Source Account Name:
- Current Server:
- Destination Server (If Applicable):
- Number of Characters to move:
- Character Name(s):
- Transferring To a Different Account?:
- Destination Account Name:

yeah when doing a transfer I have gone as far as collect all that info and send it as my 1st request, the system still sends you the same request back, but I have had the whole thing happen in 1 day by pre-filling that form out and sending it AS my 1st ticket

- - - Updated - - -

Just add to it how you want to pay for the transfer (a token is not recommended and will slow the process down) Tell them in cash on your CC or in DBC so they know where to get paid for the work....

Yup doing an Account to Account transfer you were spot on, don't use a token it probably slowed the process down by a day or two. I also transferred a character on the same account using the token and it worked like a champ.

It got done though and now I have my full group set back up. Last time, I was rocking a full group was the House of Thule expansion. No more road blocks on my progression now, so time to fly through all my DPS roadblocks. Just have to get my Wizzy up to day he is only lvl 99, but that might take a day or two and he will be pumping out some sweet DPS.

ok I have transferred about 75 toons in the last year (yes I have an illness, deal with it)

1. I used to buy the token and use it, then do a request for account to account transfer... they get mad about you using it, so don't!
2. So then I just bought the token and left it in inventory, they will use it but they prefer not to
3. If you have 2500 DBG Cash in your "wallet" you can tell them to take it from that
4. if you have a credit card on file you can tell them to take it from that
5. tried and failed to have them just take it from paypal so that failed

quick tip, TELL them in your initial email HOW you want to pay for it or it will be a whole day waiting for them to read your reply of how you are paying....

Question - How long does a Transfer take now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back