• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

How fast is fast... (1 Viewer)

Druid

RedCents
50¢
In the description of superduperreallyghettospeed.dll it says that /speed 3 is about bard speed.

Not true.

Using the speedometer on the HUD, bard speed is about 270 (using Battle Tide Drum (3.1 factor)). And Run8 is about 171.

So, I ran some tests.

speed ::: Reported speed

Run8 ::: 171
/speed 1.0 ::: 172
/speed 1.15 ::: 194
/speed 1.3 ::: 215
/speed 1.5 ::: 235
/speed 1.7 ::: 264
Selos ::: 270

/speed 2.0 ::: 315

SO... if you want to keep yourself off the radar, and travel under the speed limit, you can be real safe at /speed 1 ........ and be "bard speed safe" at /speed 2

But if you're traveling faster than that, you're on your own.

The reason for superduperreallyghettospeed being speed3 as bard speed is because every pulse (maybe 2) your speed is set back down to 1 for that pulse so it doesn't disconnext you. Take the average of all of that and you'll be around bard speed.

When I use any speed (usually 1.5) my HUD goes nuts and I can never tell what number it is. I gauge how fast it is by running next to other non-sowed people. Works good enough for me.

All I know is...

when I'm running at full out bard speed.. and I type /speed 3 I go faster.

Well... that's not ALL I know. but.....

on the combine server a GM sent me to the wrong south ro, the old one, so i had all of northro/southro/oasis and old freeport to myself. i'm still bound there heh. but i would go to north ro and do /speed 300 and /docrack nofall i could launch off a dune near the grass and not hit the ground before zoneing into the oasis heh.

The reason you have such varying differences in what /speed # is what, is because /speed "stacks" with whatever run mods you have on at the time. So with NO run mods, AA or buff, base 100 speed, /speed 3 is probably about bard speed. But with most people having at least run 3, if not 5 or 8, or a buff to push you up to 150(sow), 165(FoE), /speed 1 to 2 is more like bard speed.

Thanks for the heads up though Druid.

Regardless if you're wrong, I am glad you took the time out to post something like this, and then having a conversation made it alot more understanding. I know more now, at least.

Turn on envirofall? but you miss the best thing with it...Swimming straight down then swimming straight up and out.....Try it with speed around 1000....talk about launching.

How fast is fast...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back