• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How far can you progress with limited AA's? (1 Viewer)

Gekko

Seasoned veteran member
RedCents
4,554¢
Hi all,

Right now I have 2 Silver accounts and 4 F2P accounts.

The breakdown is:

1) Tank - Free
2) CC - Silver
3) Healer - Silver
4) DPS - Free
5) DPS - Free
6 ADPS - Free

I know I should consider rotating Krono purchases on the Free accounts to hopefully turn them silver which would give them at least 1000 AA point cap, if not more during the temporary gold period. On a side note, the highest level toon in the bunch is level 69 set to 100% AA and the other 5 are only in the mid-50's with 100% EXP set. My thought was to try and close the gap between the lower toons and the higher toons before setting AA % on the lower toons and then perhaps going all out AA grind when everyone is level 70.

I see a quite a few posts about AA grinding in this location or that location, but my question is with the set-up right now before using Krono's, what content level/expansion can I realistically handle without major difficulty?

Thank you for the feedback.

Be well. Happy gaming,

at the LEAST you NEED to krono each toon once and autogrant.

currently autogrant goes up to TBL (hopefully in a couple months to tov)

this is mainly a thing when you get into the more "modern" game -> 85ish+

there are some non-negotiable things you want tho - like aa rez on your cleric comes to mind

Hi all,

Right now I have 2 Silver accounts and 4 F2P accounts.

The breakdown is:

1) Tank - Free
2) CC - Silver
3) Healer - Silver
4) DPS - Free
5) DPS - Free
6 ADPS - Free

I know I should consider rotating Krono purchases on the Free accounts to hopefully turn them silver which would give them at least 1000 AA point cap, if not more during the temporary gold period. On a side note, the highest level toon in the bunch is level 69 set to 100% AA and the other 5 are only in the mid-50's with 100% EXP set. My thought was to try and close the gap between the lower toons and the higher toons before setting AA % on the lower toons and then perhaps going all out AA grind when everyone is level 70.

I see a quite a few posts about AA grinding in this location or that location, but my question is with the set-up right now before using Krono's, what content level/expansion can I realistically handle without major difficulty?

Thank you for the feedback.

Be well. Happy gaming,
You need to pop a Krono on tank first. There's multiple threads where this has been discussed. The only and most important account to ever sub if your tank because of gear/aa dependency. Everything else you can krono pop at max lvl for aa's and run silver. You may be able to work your way up with a mage pet (earth) if you can find the corresponding EM (Enhanced Minion) Item for that class. I did that my first pass while my first team got stronger and to farm plat for krono

there are some non-negotiable things you want tho - like aa rez on your cleric comes to mind

Thanks Sic. So I should keep trudging along, perhaps with some minor attention to AA, and then at 80-85-ish go all out? I will check the AA tree for the cleric's AA rez and prioritize that for him. The other healer on that account is an ultra low Shammy.

An_image, I did do a search but I was searching on things like "AASpend enchanter" and "AA or Level". I might have to see about advance search settings in the future to avoid redundant topics.

Be well. Happy gaming.

You know you can buy tokens of resurrection from loyalty vendor that any class can use for a 96% rez. And during battle. In case your cleric can't get his AA rez?

I agree with waiting till 80 or higher for the auto grant thing.

But for your original question about good place to farm - here are some suggestions:

At your current level the "farm" in DSH would be the place to be. What makes that farm so good are the "kill xxx" mob quests given by the little guys on the hill. I think there are 3 different ones. So kill till its done, run back to them and get it again. Rinse repeat - there is no cool down on those tasks

Also I like LDON for my level 60 - 70 - seems to be the sweet spot for earning experience in there.

And check out Oceangreen Hills. They have some nice armor drops and better quested armor and a super good aug that takes a lot of work but you'll level while doing it.

I went all the way to 110 as FTP with all but my tank. That's only 250 AA per FTP character ... but I'm not going to lie ... it was very painful. Lots of grinding Franklin Teek and Gribbles. But it is possible.

You'll never make it with a FTP tank though. I had to make my tank gold in the 90s somewhere. And I focused on pet classes, with cleric and enchanter.

@Redmonkey Thanks for the tips. The lowbies just dinged 55. I have been circling through the entry rooms in Grieg’s End.

@blahblahblah84 Thank you for the response. I was sort thinking that the first Krono should go to the tank account to bump up the AA’s there. You also sort of guessed my team. It is SK, Enc, Clr, Mag, Mag, Bst.

Thanks again to everyone for the advice.

Be well. Happy gaming.

The best I have done so far is 85 w/o either going gold or popping a chrono on my tank / main heals for my groups. The jump to House of Thule is just a such a big strain on the tank that being in mostly defiant just won't cut it anymore. However I only focus on those 2 roles - with a gold (chrono) tank and some solid pick ups from the AH like terror infused the rest of the squad is able to do their job no just drops in my experience. I always go tank > heals > CC > dps.

So the autogrant does not give ToV now it is open to FTP? Did they wait a few months after TBL went FTP to give autogrant AA's to that expansion? Might be worth waiting to go gold on some of my toons that I get to 115 so I can get those free AA's.

Hey all,

Yet another stupid question. I have been gone so long that this game seems new to me. I was reading on a post somewhere about “expansion currency” and then you use that currency to buy gear. From my understanding the “expansion currency“ is some type of dropped tokens that you trade for the gear.

Now on to my question. My lowbies are upper 50’s, close to 60, and the highest group member is 69. With that in mind where or what expansion should receive my attention? @Redmonkey mentioned Dragonscale Hills but when I researched it, the info was saying levels 65-70. Is level 60 to low to start in DSH at the farm?

Thanks again.

Be well. Happy gaming.

At your levels, yes The Farm would be tough but the LDON's would be nice.

As far as buying armor with expansion currency that would be for around level 75 and up.

Your best bet to get armor now are the Hot Zones given by Teek in POK - each one drops your choice of a defiant waist back or shoulders for the level you do it in. So if you do 3 of the level 50 one then you could have all 3 items. There are also special hot zone augs that drop in those zones.

Plus any zone your in and killing has a chance to drop that zone's level defiant gear. And defiant is really the best gear until your 80's usually - although I like Paragon from Oceangreen Hills.

You can also check out these armor rewards
56-60: Ascending the Roost
61-70: Conquering the Steppes

Redmonkey, thank you.

Took a look at Ascending the Roost progression and saw the final Boss, Queen Whatshername, is level 71. How do they expect 1 group of level 56-60 to kill her. Boggles the mind.

When I am back in game and in POK, I will definitely start checking Teek.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Last edited:
Question - How far can you progress with limited AA's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back