• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

How far can we push this (1 Viewer)

Balroak

RedCents
Just a question brothers and sisters.
How far can we manipulate EQ?
Is the ceiling already reached or is it only the level of programming skills that prevents further advances in plugins?
I dont wish for this to make me appear any more stupid than previous posts may have already done*grin but I am heading over to the UK in a couple of months and a friends brother is a large, well natured and highly brilliant computer geek.
So naturally I figure if I can buy enough candy, he and I could perhaps come to some sort of EQ tweaking agreement.
It could be that there is not enough candy in this dimention and that he might mistake me as a jellybean but fearless as ever I am set upon trying.
So any idea's about what I should try and get him to create would be appreciated.

The skys the limit. Its more about what are you willing to risk. For how far you can go in game is up to you, you just gotta remember that you need to keep in down low to prevent the hack that you just created from getting banned and fixed within a day. You also gotta be carful if you plan on trying to "hack" sony. Hacking is illigal and I'm sure they will have police involvment if you actually hack their own servers. Though I am sure if you are planning on taking it to this level you will already know that :P

its like the plugins cronic created. there is a massive ammount of things you can do because so much of the game is client site... only thing holding a person back is the serverside scripts like the ones on certian raid mobs. a script where if the hate list of the dead mob is only one person the server recognizes it and then a flag goes up for a gm to check... like if you were to go solo 1.5/2.0 mobs i could see you as being fine and not worrying probably(some exceptions id imagine). but things like soloing fennin ro or something along those lines... like velkitorin or other oow raid names would probably flag you. just depends on your skill with programming and knowledge of how the comp works and the data sent between the client and the server

How far can we push this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back