• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

How do you unload it? (1 Viewer)

lynnmei

RedCents
I've DLed and installed MQ2 on one of my computers, but it's gone fritzy on me and I'd like to unload MQ2 and reload it again. Other than by rebooting my entire computer.. Is there a way to unload it safely? Apparently, my computer was working fine up until I installed MQ2 onto it. Now I keep on getting odd messages with my firewall as well as when I try to shut down my computer or restart it. I figure if I unloaded MQ2 and reloaded it, that might solve the problem. Unfortunately, MQ2 does NOT show up on my Install/Uninstall of Windows. By the way, I was told to ask what exactly the authorization codes do exactly or allow others to do to my computer. Would it enable someone to hack into it at all? :confused:

the reason MacroQuest does not show up is it was never installed, macroquest is an open source exectable file, not an installed application, to use it, you double click the exe and run the program. there is no installing or un-installing, as far as the weird messages, where did you get your compiled macroquest? unless you got it here or the MQ boards, it may have been infected with a virus through a .dll somewhere, or the exe itself may have been corrupted, my suggestion would be to get a version of visual studio.net, download the source from the MQ boards and compile it personally, the authorization is simply to keep the spreading of MQ down, or so i beleve, basically their policy is, if you cant do it yourself, you dont need to be doing it. of course having friends who can do it for you works to ^_^... the auth will not do anything to assist someone in hacking or access'ing your computer, no.

i downloaded it from the mq site.. great.. now both my computers are going bonkers. :( i'll give the /unload thing a try. thank you for the help.. if anyone else has any suggestions.. please post them up..

I had game crashes when doing this, if you are modifying code and want to activate those changes without reloading the game, I found that this works to apply changes
[in game] /endmac
[taskbar] right click mq2 icon and select "Refresh Injections"
[in game] /mac kissassist assist

hope that helps

How do you unload it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back