• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How do you say ini? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
1,533¢
I've been curious lately as how everyone says "ini"

My first reaction is "in-knee" but then I thought that may not be right and thought it might be pronounced "eye-in-eye". I'm not on discord so I haven't heard anyone actually say it.

Thanks!

I way it two ways:

any- this is where it's derived from... Any file that is used for configuration purposes. what should we call it? Let's call it an any file, but spell it ini.

eye in eye

"In-ee" like the best kind of belly button. I knew the initialisation thing, but then I'm am IT guy, and also it's used regularly in face to face conversations for work.

My favourite pronunciation for this kind of thing is an Iberian colleague who pronounces ".dll" dot dee-elly-ell, which is just adorable.

I say "eye in eye" but I also pronounce almost all file extensions (ee ex ee), (dee ell ell), (tee ex tee) if I am referring to them specifically.

Otherwise I would just refer to it as "the config file" like how I would refer to "the executable" or the "text file".

I say "eye in eye" but I also pronounce almost all file extensions (ee ex ee), (dee ell ell), (tee ex tee) if I am referring to them specifically.

Otherwise I would just refer to it as "the config file" like how I would refer to "the executable" or the "text file".

I find I'm also one of the weird folks who will pronounce dee ell ell as Dill but have been informed this is not normal.

Question - How do you say ini?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back