• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How do you monitor each EQ instance for mishaps? (1 Viewer)

kwill

RedCents
64¢
I have seen where several people here runs 6-24 instances ofEverquest on one machine. I was wondering what you use to keep track of what isgoing on in each instance.
I run 6 instances per machine ( I have 3 Machines). I use Isboxer/Innerspaceto view all 6 account via a character set/window layout. I recently swapped thewindow layout for videofx views. If I only watch 1 window, I will find out tolater that one character is stuck on something or got left out of a wizard evacand still is in danger of dying if not already dead.
How does everyone else monitor the other instances fortypical stuff that can go wrong while traveling or combat?

Kwill

What do you use to setup that main screen to see the others. Is their a plugin that is in MQ2 that does it? or do you use a third party software? Not looking to how but just what you use

Kwill.

I have Innerspace on a dual monitor setup, with all the boxes on the second monitor, each in its own viewable window, but my main tool is to watch MySEQ on my third computer. I issue my stick command to my boxes, and then closely monitor MySEQ until i've arrived at my next spot. MySEQ is on a separate computer but I have monitors all lined up next to each other, so I glance from the "driver" on the main monitor to the MySEQ monitor on the left, and correct any issues on the monitor on the right...

I also use innerspace and then I like to configure to have them all in a small clickable scaled row on the left side (Bottom sucks). I run 12-16 at one time and its view able enough to see that the macro started up or if someone got lost while running, not large enough to read anything tho. But works for me.

I create my UI with only a 6 box setup so as the screen scales larger because more boxes on the left makes them smaller. (Does that sound right? I know what I mean lol) the UI will just leave gaps instead of overlapping in the main window.

I do ISBoxer with all on the right side, I run 6, 9, 12 and 18 most days and sometimes when they are doing single task stuff I run 24 on 1 pc and don't even ask me how many PCs I have, I actually added ANOTHER 24' Monitor mounted to the wall on the left of my 6x 24" in 2 rows that I already had, my wife is sure I will get cancer from 7x 24" monitors but I don't care. EQBC and ISBoxer are your friends! EQBC will tell you on all PCs when someone PMs you. I love EQBC!

while traveling I have the map up so I can make sure all the toons are following, other then that I just watch them like I would other groupmates... with the occasional tabbing to them to insure all is well. I have been working up some toons over in Deadhills , while working TBM progression, so I have been running 2 groups for a month or so.

For events that worry me I have MQ2ChatEvents set up to watch for stuff and make some sort of audible warning. Or GINA, heh.

I take a different approach. I have a wannabe wolfpack of computers with my main computer being the center lower monitor. 1 monitor to the right and left, and a row of three above. each monitor has its own tower. I use a network KVM to 'share' my keyboard and mouse to each of the other computers. I have another computer in the server closet running EQBC to issue commands to the "squads". Each screen is tiled with 4 to 6 accounts per box.

Yes I chew up power like a sonnobitch, but my computers were basicly free. Only cost is the software and monitors.. and the month I spent repeatedly failing at making a custom monitor stand. :P

How anyone monitors 24 accounts on one monitor running on one PC is out of my level of understanding. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the computers are in a hot box with noise dampening and a small AC unit cooling them. Otherwise they turn my gaming room into a sauna.

I wouldn't recommend this setup though, unless you have other purposes for it. I was able to justify some of the nonsense for "work" because I use multiple towers for catia and the rest for other engineering related crap. :)

P.s. no one tell my wife any different ;)

I'm currently building my army of accounts, so I only have like 18 split up between 3 computers. On my main computer, the most I had on at one time so far was 10. I use WinEQ so I can hotkey to a specific character rather than tabbing through (yes, ISBoxer is greater but that's not what i'm using right now). Once I have ever toon up and running with the macro (such as KISS <shameless plug>) I minimize all the windows except the puller. The hang ups I experience is when you have many windows actually open at the same time instead of minimized and as soon as minimize a hung window or the other windows leaving it standalone, it immediately self corrects. After they are rolling for a few, I'll slide the 3rd person view on the puller out using my mouse wheel so it shows him/her running around pulling and then constant view of the camp full of other toons as it goes. If someone hangs up, it's typically that puller or tank that's running around the most and this will show you that easily enough.

I run 13 accounts on a single laptop with a second screen and use ISBoxer. My warrior on the laptop monitor and the other 12 on the second screen split up into a large single window with 11 tiny windows just below that I can click to move whichever account to the main window. Enchanter to the far left tiny screen, my second tank (paladin) to the far right corner tiny screen. Mage dead center, bard is the floater (takes whatever tiny screen of account that is currently on large window....all other accounts have a specific tiny window) and I changed my bards H/M/E box to be bright orange so I don't have to search for him and my mage to a bright blue so I don't have to think too hard about what tiny window to click to get what character I want front and center. I keep healers to the left after enchanter and melee to the right, before paladin. Casters are @the center, except the enchanter.

I also use a parse to make sure my characters and mercs are doing what they are supposed to be doing as well as to evaluate changes I make to spell line up and INI. If they aren't putting out DPS to parse......somethings wrong.

EQBC will tell you on all PCs when someone PMs you. I love EQBC!

Love EQBC too! Was a bit hard on my noggin setting it up, but was well worth it. Use netbots with it and now all my accounts know what to buff or heal through EQBC server instead of using targeting. Going through now and making a bunch of BCT/BCA hotkeys to command my bots for some missions where they will not engage stuff that needs to be destroyed because they are objects and don't appear on xTarget.

I dont really use anything. I run several seperate groups so having one character zoomed out doesnt really do anything for me as they are all in different zones doing different things. I just check on each grouo when I am at my computer to make sure they're all still going and dont need intervention. Having 4 monitors helps, so Im not constantly tabbing between windows, but ...I dunno....I focus on setting my guys up so they can run for days on end without me having to touch them.

Question - How do you monitor each EQ instance for mishaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back