• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

How do you box? (1 Viewer)

bakshi

RedCents
I want to box 2 accounts on my comp and want know what do you guys run while playing do you alt tab or there programs I should look at that help boxing? My comp is ok 256 graphic card 2.0 ghz and 1 Gig ram. I really just want know what to expect.

i run in windows mode and just click back and forth on the task bar. Alt tab is also good but if you have a 3rd program (like i do www.pandora.com for cool music) it will switch to that one as well. so i like the point and click method. 1 gig of ram is good but i would go to 2 gigs. Im a grafix whore tho. i want all the settings set to high. In the newer zones you will get lag 2 boxing with 1 gig.

i use wineq from lavishsoftware Lax is awesome at keeping it updated and it has a free version for just 2 accounts or a subscriber version i believe where you can run up to 6 maybe more but it allows you to use ctr+alt+1 or 2 to switch back and forth ... a bit more convenient for me.

Upgrade your computer to 2gigs of ram then you will be able to box without extensive hard drive use (ie internal lag). In fact you should be able to 3box with 2gigs without too much of a perfomance hit.

Single session of EQ takes closer to 768megs than 512megs these days, that's why 1gig is not enough. Gone are the days when you could run EQ on 128megs. ;)

1.4 mhz 1 gig of DDR and 256 onboard ati. I turn spell effects up and clip plane on high and only lag when someone MGB's mod rod. anything that makes alot of people do things at once.

i can run with spells on full and lag quite well. Not enough to go LD but to the point where it can get frustrating. Only way for me to not lag is to turn clip plane way down. I like to see so bye bye spells.

How do you box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back