• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

How do I get around the MQ2Auth0.h check? (1 Viewer)

Naes

RedCents
60¢
I want to release a compile to my friends, but I also want them to be able to pass it around too. How do I get around the MQ2Auth0.h check like you guys do?

PM me if this is a big secret or whatever.

No big secret, you just need a Hex Editer. Then open MQ2Auth.exe. Do a search for "Microsoft" and change it to "Microsoap". There will be two spots you need to change. Do the exact same thing for Macroquest2.exe. Just make sure to run MQ2Auth after the change so it makes the Auth0 file correctly. Pretty simple. Hope that helps. =)

Cool sounds simple enough, thanks!

edit: Found 3 spots to change within MQ2Auth.exe and Macroquest.exe,
except the last one said "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime" so I didn't touch it.

ok, maybe i'm just dumb (probably so) but i followed the steps to this thread being that i am having the exact same issues and when i updated the MQ2 files i was told yet again that i didn't have authorization, any other ideas or is there something i missed..

i changed both "microsoft" to "microsoap" as stated above in both MQ2Auth.exe and Macroquest.exe, then ran the MQ2Auth.exe and then compiled mq2, is there another step i didn't get?

ok, finally had the chance to go in and change all 3 instances of "microsoft" to "microsoap" launched MQ2 and it worked fine, but when i updated it, i was once again confronted with the your not authorized message. anything else i might be missing?

i've been using the same source file download while trying to learn this little trick, i don't get the not authorized message until i replace the .dll files with more up to date .dll files.

i'm trying to get it to where all i have to do is download the updated .dll files and unzip them to my mq2 folder and be done instead of having to re-download the source files and re-compiling every time i need to update cause it just causes somewhat of a hassle re-compiling for a couple friends when mq2 is updated

No matter what, you'll need to recompile, but as long as you change the auth file and the Macroquest2.exe file, you should only have to do 1 compile each time, instead of multiple.

ohh, hrmms... is there a way to get around having to re-compile each and every time? or is that for the level 2 access to which i don't have just yet lol

got all i need to know figured out... thanks for all your help i'm just gonna have to compile it every time it is updated is all but atleast like you guys helped with, only 1 time.. lol

thanks again!

How do I get around the MQ2Auth0.h check?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back