• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

How do I bulk colorchange maplines? (1 Viewer)

tcsmythe

RedCents
12¢
Most of my maplines are light gray and very hard to see. Would also like to get rid of duplicate labels. Might be nice to bulk change text color. Any help?

You can do /mapfilter NPCConColor to turn on NPC colors, but as for the line, I think it just turns red when you target a mob. It's been a while since I've actually played EQ, so I'm answering from memory. I BELIEVE /mapfilter Target is what makes the line turn red if it doesn't yet.

What I had in mind was the maplines that indicate walls. Any help for that? Right now you can use the map tool to change the line colors individually, but there are thousands of lines on the Grieg's end map...

Open the Griegsend_1.txt file in any text editor and do a find and replace. It's Ctrl+H in notepad, where it says "Find What:" put in "153, 153, 153" (without the quotes). Where it says "Replace With:" put in the rgb value for the color you want the lines to be. I.E. "0, 0, 0" for black or "255, 255, 255" for white and click "Replace All"

As for the labels, they are usually in the second layer file Griegsend_2.txt and if you use the MQ2 labels you can just clear out that file of the ones that you don't want duplicated.

How do I bulk colorchange maplines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back