• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

How detectable is instant_camp? (1 Viewer)

Naes

RedCents
60¢
Recently discovered the ability to /keypress instant_camp, and instantly camp, but I'm just wondering how detectable this is and if anyone has got in trouble for using it.

It comes very handy when I'm running the AFK bard macro and I am summoned for whatever reason, but I'm a little timid to use it.

I don't think it's detectable at all. I believe the 30 second timer is Client Side and the client then sends the command to the server. I think this just forces the command through, so no detection necessary really.

Actually its something that SOE left in. Why? because /camp does a countdown then the client clicks the /keypress instant_camp

Before sony bought eq there was actually an instant camp button :) the ui trigger for it isn't there, but their whole delay on camping, well that is clientside and as such they still need a place to send the command to the server.

Honestly, if you realized the situation on Zek (with 80% of the population being blatant hackers, and the other 20% trying to hide it), you'd see that it doesn't matter.

Not to mention that as a bard I can run away and do it if I have a DoT on me I can't pell and about to die or wutev. Not like im gonna do it with a zerker beating me up and then all of a sudden I just dissapear.

How detectable is instant_camp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back