• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - How Are Tanks Holding Up in ToV? (1 Viewer)

wymranar

I <3 SKs *kissy face*
RedCents
878¢
Hola everyone!

How has tanking been in the new expansion? I imagine most people are coming in with a mix of gmm non-vis and TBL vis, so how does that compute with tier 1 & tier 2 mobs?

how about the nameds? Can the whole expansion be tanked with TBL/GMM armor? Would it be possible to do any of it in conflag? Any recommendations?

thanks!

Hola everyone!

How has tanking been in the new expansion? I imagine most people are coming in with a mix of gmm non-vis and TBL vis, so how does that compute with tier 1 & tier 2 mobs?

how about the nameds? Can the whole expansion be tanked with TBL/GMM armor? Would it be possible to do any of it in conflag? Any recommendations?

thanks!
the strikethrough changes have made tank life a little nicer than expected - however there are still a couple of mobs that are bugged and ONLY strikethrough (straight to death).
this *feels* a little better than progressing through tbl

My tank was able to tank T2 named in Kael at level 112 with TBL T3 vis, GMM non-vis. I'm only even 114 at the moment and he's tanked most named for hunter achievements and done 3 of 4 missions. Even the Kael mission is not hard to tank, I've failed to other mechanics but the tank seems to do alright. There are a couple named that do hit harder and will be a stretch to do before getting to 115 and upgrading gear, but I imagine once I get there my tank will be able to handle anything thrown at it even with straight group gear. Though, I will mention that I do run 2 healers in my group, cleric with a shaman for slows, dots and backup heals (mostly group AE heals and hots).

I am running 2 healers as well. The mobs on an individual basis are pretty easy. The difficulty lies in how many times I seem to get swarmed. I pull one mob that looks alone only to find out they have 6 close friends. I started with t3 TBL group gear and found there was a noticeable difference in survivability with t1 TOV gear in visible only. Tonight I made a full set of TOV gear (t2 I think, not sure what it is called) for my SK and 5 non visible pieces but haven't tried it out yet. It added over 10k hps and around 600 ac which is a lot more than I got from the t1 gear upgrade so I think the difference will be significant. Due to the constant mini trains I plan to stick with a SHM and a CLR. If you are careful pulling you can go far with a lot less than TBL requires.

one of the poopy things about this xpac is take bard mez
wave of somnolence is lvl 110 and aoe mezzes up to 113 --- the upgrade is 115
Slumber of Jembel is 109 and single mezzes up to 113 --- the upg is 114 (tho we do get lullaby at 111

the point is - you need to get the mobs to get the levels to use the spells to then be able to mez the mobs that you need to get the levels to use the spells that can mez the mobs that you need ( :p )

one of the poopy things about this xpac is take bard mez
wave of somnolence is lvl 110 and aoe mezzes up to 113 --- the upgrade is 115
Slumber of Jembel is 109 and single mezzes up to 113 --- the upg is 114 (tho we do get lullaby at 111

the point is - you need to get the mobs to get the levels to use the spells to then be able to mez the mobs that you need to get the levels to use the spells that can mez the mobs that you need ( :p )
Hey sic, I have been using your bard 115 TOV kiss ini and my bard keeps breaking mezz and remezzing. I think it is one of the songs in the rotation but I don't know enough to know which. I left it as/is minus the mount and I like my illusion. Any ideas?

Insult (bard nuke) in twist will sometimes do that. I notice it when the tank dies or is slow to pick a new target. Bard will stay targeted on their last mezzed mob and eventually twist the nuke on it. Insult does proc your group ADPS Synergy boost, so you kind of want it to stay and I didn't have any luck adding it as a DPS entry.

Try taking the 5 out of this twist order line if you want to see if that's the culprit:
INI:
[Melee]
MeleeTwistWhat=1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12
[Spells]
Gem5=Omorden's Insult

Hey sic, I have been using your bard 115 TOV kiss ini and my bard keeps breaking mezz and remezzing. I think it is one of the songs in the rotation but I don't know enough to know which. I left it as/is minus the mount and I like my illusion. Any ideas?
insult can do it - but it is usually vainglorious doing it since that is an frontal cone aoe

All of t1 is a cakewalk for my sk in TBL t3 + GMM and non maxed aa's at 111. There's a couple of nameds that have caused me trouble but most have felt just like normal mobs with more HP. In fact, there's a few I can camp and have spawn back to back and still have no issues with (even though all discs are down). Not started t2 yet but will probably be 113 by then anyway.

Normal xp grind is worthless other than farming spells and twink loot for ftp 110's.

It's definetly a super easy expansion, I know because I don't even look up the nameds abilities before I pull it.. I find I don't care if it comes with 2 or 3 adds. Also been only twice, both in Kael that I actually had to pop Disc's to not die.

Question - How Are Tanks Holding Up in ToV?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back