• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Hot keys? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
209¢
S0, last weekend I was PLing a new toon, (75 necro / 105 SK using eskay plugin) but my merc kept messing stuff up because he would follow my SK, and then the mobs would train on him instead of following my SK. (By the way,this was all in grounds) So I figured I'd make a hotkey. I set merc reactive to my "o" key. Set merc passive to "p" key, i set SK manual to "1" key, and SK tank to "2" key. then I worded it exactly like this:

Hot key 1
/shd mode 0
/pause 10
/keypress p

And hot key 2
/shd mode 4
/pause 10
/keypress o

But it would not work? Deleting the keys, and would just have to do:

Hit "1 (then) p" pull my train.

Run back to my necro who was FD

Then hit "2 (then) o"

And it all worked. My question is. What did I word wrong to have it work with only the 2 keystrokes? Instead of having to use 4?

Were the SK and Necro grouped and did you have a puller set? I’ve noticed that mercs will happily follow and battle enemies away from the camp without a puller set. If that isn’t the case, then I’m not sure

yes, we were grouped. and I also tried setting SK to puller, and necro to puller.
Hmm, if the SK is the puller, then perhaps the other group roles might be needed. Might have to set the SK to puller, main tank AND main assist. That should (hopefully) cause the need to stay near the necro rather than following as you pull.

I don't think I communicated my question quite clear enough. Please forgive me.

When I had it set all up on 1&2 hotkey, it would not change my SK to manual, would not set merc to passive. Nor would it set to tank and reactive? When I separated the keys, it worked exactly as I wanted.

My question is how should I combine the 4 commands into 2 keystrokes?

I might just delete this post because I don't quite know how to explain it.

Question - Hot keys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back