• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Holy Group Idea - Discuss (1 Viewer)

RedCents
7,735¢
My wife and I had a thought about forming some sort of "Holy Group" where we would roll (2 or 3) Paladins, (2 or 1) Clerics, Shaman and a Bard/Chanter. Thought is, maybe fun to just hit Undead zones and see how far we could get leveling that way? I remember my sister playing a Pally that could slay undead and all that with a good amount of damage that was augmented by AA's and such. Not sure what the extent of damage a cleric can do. And I know this group would be the suck against everything else that is not undead because no DPS.

I admittedly have very little knowledge of Paladins and moderate knowledge about Clerics. I'd like some thoughts on this concept. What would be the biggest problem with it aside from DPS on live mobs. Of course I guess the fights would just be longer as with effectively 5 healers, would be hard to take down the group I would imagine.

As you have already stated about mobs that aren't undead, I think this would be interesting. If you're using CWTN for your cleric(s), battle mode is beastly on undead. It might even be an agro issue at lower levels. If you go forward with your idea, please update as to how it goes.

Could be fun. I wonder what zone directions you could take to maximize undead. Lots of fun zones come to mind

As you have already stated about mobs that aren't undead, I think this would be interesting. If you're using CWTN for your cleric(s), battle mode is beastly on undead. It might even be an agro issue at lower levels. If you go forward with your idea, please update as to how it goes.
CWTN Plugins would be the way i'd go with this idea for sure.

I will update all if we decide to go with this idea. Starting a plot of the zones to go to for all levels. I want to hit as many undead zones through the levels as we can even for the similar zone levels, just for the variety of it all. We even thought of taking group screenshots in every zone somewhere to build sort of a memory file of the adventure. :D

Last edited:
You could argue a monk would belong in a "holy" group if you are looking for some more dps
I guess what I mean by that name is that a group that is particularly damaging to undead in the game.

Sorry about the confusion. haha.

But yes! That would be true with the Monk if I was going for it in that sense. :dance:

Discussion - Holy Group Idea - Discuss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back