• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Hit 110, now more levels or AA? (1 Viewer)

RedCents
820¢
Hi All,
my team of 6 has now hit 110, and it's the first time that autogrant AA didn't grant the whole range of AA. It looks to me like Burning Lands AA and onwards, which are not autogrant yet, are kicking in now.

So the question is, should I procede leveling or do a mix of levels & AAs? Will I be able to do content later on when I don't do any additional AAs? To give a perspective, my warrior, lvl 110, is now at 23k autogrant AA and about 150k HP. Some of the others in my team are up to 30k autogrant AAs.

My plan with the team is to do a bit of The Overthere and Gorowyn next to farm some much needed tank Augs, after that I am not sure yet.

Thanks!

really depends on your goals.

autogrant is pretty nice these days - but as you get into 115 and 120 you can significantly run into problems being so far behind on AAs - particularly with focus AAs due to how they are gated and not just purely linear.

Warrior is the lowest max # of AAs - it is worth just maxing it out (or at least minus tradeskills) asap.

tbl max war AAs was something like 31k, tov 35k, cov 38k, ToL 44.6k

if i personally was in your shoes, i would stop at 110 and max out everything --- the 110 snowbound gear is fantastic for f2p and really makes ros/tbl easy, those AAs will fly

Don't forget to be cycling overseer for regular xp, you can rack up a significant amount of xp pretty passively, which gives you more active play time for AAs

To me this is 100% gear dependent. I always skip to 115, hell these days I skip to 120 before I aa BUT I have access to other teams and my gear is As good as it gets so I can muddle through the first 3-5k aa which are important for a jump in either defensive, dps, or healing.

You should probably AA but only key AA would be my goal until 115. The question though is what is your group makeup Besides the war? Some classes have key aa you should be grabbing. Given your war hp (do you have snowbound armor should be a boost for you) I would aa your key passive defensive and farm augs before going to 115. Be aware that 110-113 will be slow And you’ll have to use missions to knock out half of 113 and 114.

To me this is 100% gear dependent. I always skip to 115, hell these days I skip to 120 before I aa BUT I have access to other teams and my gear is As good as it gets so I can muddle through the first 3-5k aa which are important for a jump in either defensive, dps, or healing.

You should probably AA but only key AA would be my goal until 115. The question though is what is your group makeup Besides the war? Some classes have key aa you should be grabbing. Given your war hp (do you have snowbound armor should be a boost for you) I would aa your key passive defensive and farm augs before going to 115. Be aware that 110-113 will be slow And you’ll have to use missions to knock out half of 113 and 114.

Hi Naeeldar, my group composition is WAR, CLR, BRD, ROG, MAG, WIZ. Most of my visible gear is Lvl 105 from Lceanium, and a couple of other 105 pieces from the named there. Most not visible gear is TBM 95 from remnants of tranquility. (That's only the warrior, the other 5 have much weaker gear)

Hi Naeeldar, my group composition is WAR, CLR, BRD, ROG, MAG, WIZ. Most of my visible gear is Lvl 105 from Lceanium, and a couple of other 105 pieces from the named there. Most not visible gear is TBM 95 from remnants of tranquility. (That's only the warrior, the other 5 have much weaker gear)

Well the good news is you picked low aa chars. If you aren’t attached to the wiz it might be worth replacing with a rogue before you go further. But what I would do:

1) Upgrade gear big time either conflagrant from ROS or really I would go snowbound which should be incredibly cheap on most servers.
2) Given your current gear you 100% need to Aug up the warrior. So thats a good stop.
3) Aa the the aa:
- War - all the defensive passives.
- Bard the big ones would be mez related skills, fierce eye, and Then whatever else you want as you aa the war.
- Rogue DPS passives (backstab related minimums etc…)
- Cleric max out Divine Arb and then healing passives.
- Mag/Wiz - passive offensive AA like crits. Then pet fury aa if yo are still trying to gear war.

Your biggest issue is going to be the gear i think at this point. You are definitely undergeared. IF you can get snowbound + augs (FOCUS on the war outside of rogue weapons) and about 1500 aa you’ll see a massive improvement as you head to 115.

Most of my visible gear is Lvl 105 from Lceanium, and a couple of other 105 pieces from the named there. Most not visible gear is TBM 95 from remnants of tranquility. (That's only the warrior, the other 5 have much weaker gear)
If you want to PM your server and we're a match, I can hook you up with 4 full sets of Snowbound plus assorted pieces.

Auto grant AA is super but I don't see you mention that you have done any of the Hero's Special AA? To increase stuff like Hero's Fortitude which increases your armor class, attack power etc

They are mostly based on completing "savior" and "paragon" and hero progression. Here is a chart:

Here’s forge isn’t a bad idea later when min Maxing. But he is so under geared in other ways I wouldn’t even consider touching those for the time being.

Hi Ciddan - As Naeeldar pointed out, you shouldn't even be considering moving on to newer content until you gear properly. It isn't even about AA right now, a byproduct you will receive from spending time gearing. Not just one toon, but gear most of them. While I personally, have not made the jump to 115/120, I have heard/read about the difficulty level of the mobs you will be facing, and lesser geared toons will get roflstomped. Especially TBM 95 level or worse as you mentioned. Gearing can be costly, and I would venture a guess here and say you didn't gear them up because of the cost, not because you were so focused on leveling. If I am wrong, great! Stop the leveling, and gear, gear, gear. That includes augs. I realize it may not seem fun, but chances are you skipped a TON of content on your way up. Enjoy what you missed and get the great loot on your way. The AA's will flow at the same time, and all will be right in Norrath.

I'm in a similar spot returning to a 110 4-box group. I sold 1 krono on FV and have gotten a ton of mileage in gearing by being patient with the bazaar. Warrior with a set of snowsquall for under 10% of a krono, etc. Prestige non-visibles that drop from GMM are fairly cheap too as it is a popular grinding spot.

Ironically gearing non-prestige non-visibles for FTP chars are the more expensive purchases (other than augs) if shooting for snowbound/squall-equivalent stats.

I'd also recommend getting these if you don't have already, as all are trivial (other than investing time) at 110.

- Diplomatic papers (anniversary quest, avail until May 10) for WAR
- CoA BP (guardians bravery) for WAR
- Bard epic 2.0

Agreed with many of the above. Stay @ 110 and gear/AA. there are many areas where you can get good gear and AA. If you've not completed hunter quests, its not a bad time to collect some large bags... and collect some... collectables.
I really like 110 as there are a huge amount of zones that are fun and give great loot/gear/AA. Also at 110, you can really farm vendor trash in the 80+ zones for some baz gear too.
I can understand wanting to pop to 111 to get the first set of TOV spells ... I did that on my SK after max AA.. I really like that boosted self DS for PL.

I'm in a similar spot returning to a 110 4-box group. I sold 1 krono on FV and have gotten a ton of mileage in gearing by being patient with the bazaar. Warrior with a set of snowsquall for under 10% of a krono, etc. Prestige non-visibles that drop from GMM are fairly cheap too as it is a popular grinding spot.

Ironically gearing non-prestige non-visibles for FTP chars are the more expensive purchases (other than augs) if shooting for snowbound/squall-equivalent stats.

I'd also recommend getting these if you don't have already, as all are trivial (other than investing time) at 110.

- Diplomatic papers (anniversary quest, avail until May 10) for WAR
- CoA BP (guardians bravery) for WAR
- Bard epic 2.0
Not sure how you farmed GMM, I spent 12 hours there on my main group, killing PH's the entire time. And by entire time, not one named spawn. I cleared all 6 PH spots for two nameds that can pop there, ended up being wasted time I could have spent with mq2grind.

Not sure how you farmed GMM, I spent 12 hours there on my main group, killing PH's the entire time. And by entire time, not one named spawn. I cleared all 6 PH spots for two nameds that can pop there, ended up being wasted time I could have spent with mq2grind.
It was years ago when I was in GMM and did the missions. I'd just buy the GMM non-visibles and weapons off the bazaar, assuming people still grind GMM and supply is high.

Here’s forge isn’t a bad idea later when min Maxing. But he is so under geared in other ways I wouldn’t even consider touching those for the time being.
Not Hero's Forge - that is armor. And just a skin. No stats.

He can start Hero's Special AA in COTF which is level 96 ish and would help tremendously with his attack and stability power. Just these alone will get him 10 Vitaliety, 5 in resolution and 10 in fortitude

And if he wants free armor from the marks of valor that can be earned then one can do this which is pretty good and much easier

Not Hero's Forge - that is armor. And just a skin. No stats.

He can start Hero's Special AA in COTF which is level 96 ish and would help tremendously with his attack and stability power. Just these alone will get him 10 Vitaliety, 5 in resolution and 10 in fortitude

And if he wants free armor from the marks of valor that can be earned then one can do this which is pretty good and much easier

Was a miss thought but yes meant hero’s special. Given his gear I wouldn’t bother yet he’ll get massive gains focusing on better 110 gear given what he is siting in gear wise right now.

Hi again, on that Snowbound Armor, I bought the pieces from the bazaar and the emblem. To get the Snowbound Refined Velium, it looks like I need to get to Crystal Caverns (TOV) to go to a vendor.

Is that doable for my warrior alone? Or are there any see invis mobs along the way? My guild hall only has access to EW (TOV).

Hi again, on that Snowbound Armor, I bought the pieces from the bazaar and the emblem. To get the Snowbound Refined Velium, it looks like I need to get to Crystal Caverns (TOV) to go to a vendor.

Is that doable for my warrior alone? Or are there any see invis mobs along the way? My guild hall only has access to EW (TOV).
Invisible Versus Undead will get you there

You will need Invis and IVU most likely in CC unless you have access to a guild hall with a trophy that will send you there directly. Terrors see invis now and there is a section of terrors along the way from GD zone in. Suggested alternatives - a rogue with sos can get there no problem at all, a bard with dual invis shouldn't have any issues either. If none of those work Cast invis with one char and ivu with another and the warrior should get both and have no issues running in. Gating out with the loot (vendor items) then becomes the safest option. Each Snowbound ore will cost you about 21000 pp

autogrant is pretty nice these days - but as you get into 115 and 120 you can significantly run into problems being so far behind on AAs - particularly with focus AAs due to how they are gated and not just purely linear.

Warrior is the lowest max # of AAs - it is worth just maxing it out (or at least minus tradeskills) asap.

if i personally was in your shoes, i would stop at 110 and max out everything --- the 110 snowbound gear is fantastic for f2p and really makes ros/tbl easy, those AAs will fly

Don't forget to be cycling overseer for regular xp, you can rack up a significant amount of xp pretty passively, which gives you more active play time for AAs
I am at this similar spot too. Warrior / Beast/Cleric/ Mage are at 110. I had maxxed their aa's at 105 last year. Enchanter and Necro are lvl 107. Burn a krono on the first 4 and focus on maxing AA's. The warrior has all snowbound armor. Where would the ideal zone to exp for aa's?

I am at this similar spot too. Warrior / Beast/Cleric/ Mage are at 110. I had maxxed their aa's at 105 last year. Enchanter and Necro are lvl 107. Burn a krono on the first 4 and focus on maxing AA's. The warrior has all snowbound armor. Where would the ideal zone to exp for aa's?
With the new Heroic Characters, I messed with this leveling on a few different zones. 100-108 FM, 108 to 113 OT. Then looked at Shards to level up to 108 as well. Also got the aug and killed in area to level it while leveling toons. Kinda stopped myself and needed to look at aa's. If you are in this level range, there are plenty of zones to choose from but i chose FM/OT because of easy pulls and exp. OT kinda sucks at first because its slow going. and i twinked out in Conflag gear on the toons helped.

I like @hytiek 's MQ2Grind. GMM for a nice private AA grind.

Be well. Happy gaming.

Gold standard is always sathir's thomb....center or xalgoz room (don't afk there)...if you wanna go TOV...i'd say velketor's top (kobold room) if you've got the tankage or go Rygorr Mines or Crystal Caverns bottom...easy to swarm there too...if you've got the patience or time you can flip Restless Assault on GD...just set your campfire outside...park everyone outside tizmak cave on...chase on...and let em loose. Takes about 30-60 minutes to clear all the caves...then repeat

Agree...also...run overseer 24/7...use it for regular exp...that's usually and extra-5-8% every 12-18 hrs..../mac overseer setup, the /mac overseer

I always max aa's for each level + bank 230 then move to the next level...minus tradeskills. This seems like the fastest leveling to me...maybe an exception for melee would be skipping 113 / 114 aa's to jump to 115 for the better weapons / gear then playing two levels of catch up. Which, if using Grind, is very fast.

If this is your 1st char, you have a raiding guild, raise 1 level, do all AA for this level, then next level, AA, level, AA,...
A naked caster ever can cast if they can manage there mana, BUT a tank need gear and melee AA for tank well.
I remember playing a lvl 65-70 enc in a MPG group, she wa&s wearing a robe, a pair of boots and thats it. OK, she was only doing buffs on the group, tash, slow mobs and mez add. No DoT or DD for increase DPS, but she never go oom and stop the group. She was doing her job, not less. ;-)

Last edited:
Question - Hit 110, now more levels or AA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back