• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - High ram Usage when using Everquest (1 Viewer)

Have you gone into your EQ settings (Alt + O in game) and turned your background framerates down? It's under display settings. I believe it is set to maximum by default, turn it down to 20-30 fps for background usage.

Have you gone into your EQ settings (Alt + O in game) and turned your background framerates down? It's under display settings. I believe it is set to maximum by default, turn it down to 20-30 fps for background usage.
i absolutely do not recommend going lower than 30, and personally recommend 60+ higher for background fps for botting in the background.

frames is where eq actually *does work*. so if you have your background frames cranked too low, they can and will skip *doing work*.

your best bet is to trim up your eqclient.ini and sure you have that nice and trimmed up and I use mq2eqwire so it can still *do work* but doesn't draw the frames while in the bg

your best bet is to trim up your eqclient.ini and sure you have that nice and trimmed up and I use mq2eqwire so it can still *do work* but doesn't draw the frames while in the bg

mq2eqwire ftw! it cut all my usages in half. I’m 6 boxing with 16g and an old celeron dual core. The only places I’ve hit lag is The guild lobby.
incase you didn’t see Sic write it or me repeat it......MQ2EQWIRE !!!!

Are you running WinEQ?

I run 8 accounts full time with everything turned on, full particles, etc, everything but shadows, and I'm only using 900ish mb each, occasionally 1200 at peak. This was from mid battle.

1600348672768.png

Just keep in mind 900-1.2GB of RAM per client is just EQ being EQ. @Dozecar's post has a great example of what you should be seeing in the windows process manager.

Note that some macros will use more CPU than others depending on how rapidly they're going through the main loop and how many delay's they execute at any given time.

i absolutely do not recommend going lower than 30, and personally recommend 60+ higher for background fps for botting in the background.

frames is where eq actually *does work*. so if you have your background frames cranked too low, they can and will skip *doing work*.

Just out of curiosity, does having in game background FPS set to 30, or 40, or 60 make a difference at all with MQ2EQWire active? I mean, does having the background fps set higher have any impact on your system while MQ2EQWire is active? More FPS but none of them are drawn, if I understand correctly, right?

Just in case you weren't aware it's a single $10.00 purchase and you have it for a year. You don't need it per character or per EQ account or anything.
yea i am aware its only a 10$ per year, but im broke af. jobless. everquest is my passion and i want to play it as optimally as possible. it was only here recently i started having bad issues with high ram useage.

yea i am aware its only a 10$ per year, but im broke af. jobless. everquest is my passion and i want to play it as optimally as possible. it was only here recently i started having bad issues with high ram useage.
Understood! Just wanted to make sure as the pricing structure isn't always intuitive at first glance given the monthly sub vs. various ala carte purchases.

Just out of curiosity, does having in game background FPS set to 30, or 40, or 60 make a difference at all with MQ2EQWire active? I mean, does having the background fps set higher have any impact on your system while MQ2EQWire is active? More FPS but none of them are drawn, if I understand correctly, right?
yes it still matters - because the fps cycles is where "work" is done for everquest - so having it too low can and will make "work" get skipped - this normally wouldn't be a problem, but we have toons automating behavior in the background - this can cause missing actions, or following/stick problems etc

I suppose that 2020 would be a good time to polish and clean up the optimization macro that I put together a few years ago.
I changed my approach when it comes to optimizing EverQuest but these are my current results with characters running 2560x1410 at 60 fps:

1600400221422.png

Running on a Ryzen 4900HS with 25GB of ram. All of those characters are active at the moment.

yes it still matters - because the fps cycles is where "work" is done for everquest - so having it too low can and will make "work" get skipped - this normally wouldn't be a problem, but we have toons automating behavior in the background - this can cause missing actions, or following/stick problems etc

What I meant does it make a difference to the machine. In game having FPS set to 60 in the background helps the game and MQ2 run more smoothly, but how does it impact the PC it's running on with MQ2EQWire active? Is there any difference in workload per client with the BGFPS set to 30 or 60 when it isn't really being rendered?

I understand EQ runs much better, I was curious about the impact on the machine running it.

I'm having to deal with high cpu due to windows search indexer. I googled for solution and tried some of the suggestions to no avail. How do I make it so search indexer skips over eq and it's folders?
Right click your Everquest folder, choose "properties" then select Advanced (under the "General" tab).

You can then deselect "Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties"

index.png

When you click OK you will then be given the option to apply the change to folders, subfolders and files:

index 2.png

Question - High ram Usage when using Everquest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back