• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Hiding in plain sight? (1 Viewer)

RedDog

RedCents
Player A on my server petitioned Player B for using MQ2 in plain sight. It was obvious to anyone around them what they were doing. All you could do was cringe and wait for the inevitable. But when the GM responded to Player A's ticket they said there was no player by the name of Player B. Which struck me as very odd.

Is there any way for a player to hide themselves from a GM? I know Docrack NoKoS effectively removes you from the server (I've watched SEQ and seen the player drop from the map and reappear when they clicked off the docrack) but as I recall while using NoKOS you can't cast or do anything else save move from point A to point B so it's not something you would run with for extended periods of time.

Any ideas what else might have made the GM unnable to see the player? They didn't just say 'not on line' he said didn't exist, or words to that effect. No such character was I think what Player A was told..

he/she might have been using a custom plugin to basically temporarily change their char's name, so that any echoes they did were in a different name... dunno if you can trick the server into doing it, but its a good question :)

Interesting idea...

Another thought/question: Player B at one point disappeared from the EQPlayers listing for a bit over a week. My initial reaction was "Damn they finally got themselves banned" or they got a name change. But they were back after a week or so saying someone had 'accidently deleted the toon' I didn't buy it then and still don't buy it now. Just wondering if that 'deletion' and 'restoral' might have something to do with them not being seen?

Just wondering if that 'deletion' and 'restoral' might have something to do with them not being seen?
The characters when deleted remain on the server under the users player ID. The person would have litterly had to change there characters name in order to not be seen by a GM or had done what an eairler person said by echoing a different name to the server.

siddin said:
he/she might have been using a custom plugin to basically temporarily change their char's name, so that any echoes they did were in a different name... dunno if you can trick the server into doing it, but its a good question :)

I would deffinately like to know if this can be done or not, can anyone test/confirm this being possible?

OMG, maybe player B has a high up GM friend...willing to help hide...
How did you hear about this? Maybe just a urban legend getting started!
Maybe tho if the story is 100% accurate the simple explanation is player misspelled the name, Eleniak vs EIeniak can be easy to get wrong for example...

Hiding in plain sight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back