• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

herro (1 Viewer)

isobelle

RedCents
51¢
herro *UPDATED, ZOMG!*

we're trying to get something working again... as lame as it sounds to say "stay tuned" that's all i got for ya.

:doh:

there's gonna be a lot of confusion, take screenshots so we can lol about it all later

HAHA REMEMEBR WHEN ISO WAS LIKE SHIT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO PUT A GOD DAMNED IMAGE IN MY NEW POSTS GRR THIS SUXXORS

yeah. stuff liek that <3

you're actually working on bringin back the site? i was about to give up there....

at this point i'm in the same boat.

i seem to vaguely remember posting "teh funniez" here, but it's been so long i may have forgotten how. the site was actually up for a day or two with a brand new backend and super fancy skin, but i complained about it to the overlords of NA and now it's mysteriously offline again.

i suppose the least i can do is give you guys an update.

frybread, the "wizard of oz" as it were here at NA, decided to spend a bunch of money to hire some firm to overhaul the site. i kinda liked the dumpy low-fi quality of NA as it was, but the fact was that our system wasn't very robust, and couldn't handle simple things like java scripting wow account keyloggers into our articles. we decided we're going to start making money off the site by stealing everyone's MMO accounts and selling the gold and oh my fuck did i just say that out loud?

err...

that is to say we wanted a fancier backend database system for archiving stuff.

the sad fact is that we're basically going to be starting fresh, which makes me have teh sadfaces. we could copy and paste our articles into the "new location", but all our glorious comments are lost, and it felt kind of creepy the one time i did it. like HEY LOOK AT THIS NEW STORY THAT I WROTE TEN YEARS AGO. HAHA REMEMBER THE TIME WHEN WE WERE LIKE OMFG IT'S A HAMMER, LOL NO IT'S AN AXE ROFLOLOL.

we've decided (i think) to just leave the current implementation of NA as it stands as the archive, and start with a fancy new front end. the page will be split up among EQ / WoW / Barbie Island Adventures sections, with some stories falling under one or more categories. i've got a large mayonaise jar full of premium oakland crack cocaine in my shoe locker at school here so when the time comes i can write 300 stories to fill all the empty nooks. i don't really know anything about EQ, so i'll probably just copy and paste the word Zellos Rak (?) or something over and over again for those articles.

anyway. you guys and i are kinda in the same boat here. i keep coming to the page to see if it's back up too, and i'm like the senior executive editor with the corner office.

they don't tell me anything around here. /sigh

herro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back