• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Question - Heroic WTF? Old player returning to game, not to be taken too seriously. (1 Viewer)

Cluelessone

RedCents
428¢
So WTF is the deal with Heroic and how is it not pay to win?!

Background:
I played pretty hard core for the first 6 years of the game and was in a top guild on one of the top servers (we did a few firsts). During that time I played about 40 hours a week or more and was pretty high on the list for loots and always in the top two spots for making new levels when they were released. I have played off and on since then but normally took a year or three off before returning to see what is new.

Questions:
  1. A few of days ago I logged in after said break to find the Heroic option and Mudflation through the roof! My tank (an alt but still pretty well equipped) is sitting at 35k HP at level 84 and I have been reading how people are breaking 100k HP?!
  2. Also what's the deal with AAs?! I spent more hours than I can count for YEARS to build up my AAs, just to find out if you subscribe, you get all AAs for free?!
  3. I have spent a couple days perfecting KA mostly in the current hot zone for my levels and I haven't found any equipment worth keeping, if you guys are hitting >100K HP/Mana. Where are you getting your gear? More pay to win?
  4. is it worth it to use the Heroic option even though my toons are all 83 - 85 (is the equipment a huge upgrade? all spells that I am missing[not a lot] other benefits?)
  5. Is there no advantage to leveling up anymore? Should I just go back on break until they come out the with level 105 heroic option?

Random Statements:
  1. Holy smokes, did you guys ever do a GREAT JOB on KA!! a couple of years ago I tried out MQ2 and it always seemed I was tweaking the MQ2 program more than I was actually playing, which in itself was fun as getting it working felt like I actually accomplished something! ;)
  2. It is so nice not having to track down a free compiler and manually pick out all the files I needed to get the options I wanted and then fight with all the compatibility and version issues of the plugins.
  3. GREAT JOB on the forums as well! tons of information here if you look hard enough.
  4. Suggestion, make a noob step by step post that covers everything from the main compile to KA, you have a couple of GREAT posts on getting them up and working but so little information like: commands for other plugins like ninjadvloot (IE /sellstuff) or /stick options and something that shows a few essential social keys like /chase me, stop fucking chasing me damn it!!!!!! ;) so on and so forth. It took me a good ten hours or so just tracking down all the details that you veterans take for granted ;)
I have a few more things I wanted to add but I didn't want the post to get too big.

TLDR; great work on the programs, old dog doesn't like new stuffs and is too lazy to look it up

Background:
I played pretty hard core for the first 6 years of the game and was in a top guild on one of the top servers (we did a few firsts). During that time I played about 40 hours a week or more and was pretty high on the list for loots and always in the top two spots for making new levels when they were released. I have played off and on since then but normally took a year or three off before returning to see what is new.

Questions:
  1. A few of days ago I logged in after said break to find the Heroic option and Mudflation through the roof! My tank (an alt but still pretty well equipped) is sitting at 35k HP at level 84 and I have been reading how people are breaking 100k HP?!
  2. Also what's the deal with AAs?! I spent more hours than I can count for YEARS to build up my AAs, just to find out if you subscribe, you get all AAs for free?!
  3. I have spent a couple days perfecting KA mostly in the current hot zone for my levels and I haven't found any equipment worth keeping, if you guys are hitting >100K HP/Mana. Where are you getting your gear? More pay to win?
  4. is it worth it to use the Heroic option even though my toons are all 83 - 85 (is the equipment a huge upgrade? all spells that I am missing[not a lot] other benefits?)
  5. Is there no advantage to leveling up anymore? Should I just go back on break until they come out the with level 105 heroic option?

Random Statements:
  1. Holy smokes, did you guys ever do a GREAT JOB on KA!! a couple of years ago I tried out MQ2 and it always seemed I was tweaking the MQ2 program than I was actually playing, which in itself was fun as getting it working felt like I actually accomplished something! ;)
  2. It is so nice not having to track down a free compiler and manually pick out all the files I needed to get the options I wanted and then fight with all the compatibility and version issues of the plugins.
  3. GREAT JOB on the forums as well! tons of information here if you look hard enough.
  4. Suggestion, make a noob step by step post that covers everything from the main compile to KA, you have a couple of GREAT posts on getting them up and working but so little information like: commands for other plugins like ninjadvloot (IE /sellstuff) or /stick options and something that shows a few essential social keys like /chase me, stop fucking chasing me damn it!!!!!! ;) so on and so forth. It tooks me a good ten hours or so just tracking down all the details that you veterans take for granted ;)
I have a few more things I wanted to add but I didn't want the post to get too big.

TLDR; great work on the programs, old dog doesn't like new stuffs and is too lazy to look it up
Not knowing what your current set up is like, the heroic gear is pretty good! I would save a couple so you can"insert class here" when needed.

But welcome back... Fun is still fun!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not knowing what your current set up is like, the heroic gear is pretty good! I would save a couple so you can"insert class here" when needed.

But welcome back... Fun is still fun!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I have:
85 Enchanter
84 SK (about to hit 85)
83 Cleric (about to hit 84)

Most of the items are in the 200's range for HP/Mana and all my epics (I think, it gets confusing the the epic 1 and epic 1.5 and epic 2.0.14.87160). My team seems to do pretty well with dark blues but if I pull a few, it gets touch and go at times ;)
Also, I got some damage casting mercs to help with DPS, not sure if they are leeching my XP or not.

I got KA working great for my levels including heals, mezzing and pulling as well as all the debuff and nuking. I am pretty happy with it but leveling seems so slow :(

I also forgot to ask, is there any reason for keeping AA experience on if I am just going to get everything when I level? I turned it off because I can't think of what to do with the points I have unspent, and pretty pissed that I spent some points before I knew that going gold would give me them for free :(

- - - Updated - - -

Oh! and augments! they had only been out a little while before my breaks, I found one after several days. Where do I get them and should I wait until I get better gear? So many questions.

Oh! what happened to leadership XP? took me forever to max mine out just to have them give it all away for free?

Background:

Questions:

Random Statements:
  1. Holy smokes, did you guys ever do a GREAT JOB on KA!! a couple of years ago I tried out MQ2 and it always seemed I was tweaking the MQ2 program more than I was actually playing, which in itself was fun as getting it working felt like I actually accomplished something! ;)
  4. Suggestion, make a noob step by step post that covers everything from the main compile to KA, you have a couple of GREAT posts on getting them up and working but so little information like: commands for other plugins like ninjadvloot (IE /sellstuff) or /stick options and something that shows a few essential social keys like /chase me, stop fucking chasing me damn it!!!!!! ;) so on and so forth. It took me a good ten hours or so just tracking down all the details that you veterans take for granted ;)

1. Raid geared can get you easily 300k or 400+ with right buffs/setup

Look into TBM the broken Mirror and Buy ROT Remnants of Tranquility. +doing the first few quest there will unlock lots of buyable gear.

once you get to 105 look into Conflagrant Gear.... seach bazaar for Conflagrant... all player made gear for up to 110.

2. Turn on Auto grant and you will get AA's tho it stops at like level 100 or something... you dont get all your aa's but a lot of lower level ones.
after you turn on auto grant. relog.

3. (get your gear at the previous statment... TBM.)

4. I dont know the stats on heroic gear. but if you're gonna spend money you can buy kronos and sell... go the tbm route imo.. research it first.

5. leveling up is easy, and the 85 heroic is outdated. should be updated.... but it has been 5-6? years since it was done and no hint of it Ever being updated..

6. Meric's do take exp

7. Augs? Research TBM... TBM is a great way to catch up.

8. Leadership exp and potion belts were taken out of game

Welcome back, here is a Heroic toon gearing guide I wrote last year. Goes from 85 to 110, mainly focusing on the trade-able gear but mentions the other available sets.

Few sections:

--------

Tradable & non-prestige armor sets, the pieces are random drops from named in these expansions, sometimes quest/chest rewards and sometimes available for instance tokens:

85 - HoT armor, HoT T1 not tradable and similar to your 900 hp heroic gear. Take it if exp'n there, otherwise skip it. T2/3 are 1000+ hp.
90 - Rustic armor (VoA T1) = 1400 hp gear
95 - Fear-touched armor (RoF T1) = 2200 hp gear (results are called Boreal armor)
100 - Latent Ether armor (CotF T1) = 2600 hp gear
100 - Castaway armor (TDS T1) = 2800 hp gear
105 - Glowing Seb armor (HH Old Seb - zone closed for 2017, Bazaar?) = 4200 hp gear
106 - Conflagrant armor/weapons/gear (RoS player made) = 4600 hp gear

-----

Non-vis slots and weapons tend to be every 5 levels, but there are a bunch available at level 92 specifically. So I'd Bazaar shop deals at 90/92/95/100/105 and then figure out where you need to go for the missing items. If you are named farming, that is straight forward. Otherwise fill those slots from ETWK vendors via CotF Heroic missions(75-100 with some lvl 100 gear being non-prestige), TDS Vendors (100-104 with Tempest Thule vendor selling non-prestige) or TBM vendors (75-105 with nearly all non-prestige.) Conflagrant weapons/gear become available at 106.

People don't really consider heroic characters pay to win because they're so very far behind the current game. Really Heroic characters need to be updated to level 95 so that players can "catch up" better

85 - HoT armor, HoT T1 not tradable and similar to your 900 hp heroic gear. Take it if exp'n there, otherwise skip it. T2/3 are 1000+ hp.
90 - Rustic armor (VoA T1) = 1400 hp gear
95 - Fear-touched armor (RoF T1) = 2200 hp gear (results are called Boreal armor)
100 - Latent Ether armor (CotF T1) = 2600 hp gear
100 - Castaway armor (TDS T1) = 2800 hp gear
105 - Glowing Seb armor (HH Old Seb - zone closed for 2017, Bazaar?) = 4200 hp gear
106 - Conflagrant armor/weapons/gear (RoS player made) = 4600 hp gear

I looked up the HoT gear and that would more than double my current stats! thanks for the help.

I looked up the HoT gear and that would more than double my current stats! thanks for the help.

What server are you on? If you're not comfortable posting here, shoot me a PM. If we happen to share a server I'll hook you up with some stuff.

If you go heroic option, do all the House of Thule and Feerrott quests. It will give you a full set of augs. The tank augs are all +30 AC each.

Are there any guides on bought/soloable/groupable augs for someone who is almost 110 on all 6 of my box crew?

There are so many things to learn and relearn, tracking down all the relevant augs I should be getting is just yet another timesink. A list of these would be very useful.

Thanks

Are there any guides on bought/soloable/groupable augs for someone who is almost 110 on all 6 of my box crew?

There are so many things to learn and relearn, tracking down all the relevant augs I should be getting is just yet another timesink. A list of these would be very useful.

Thanks

Maskoi actually built a guide for augs.. its less than a year old, i want to say maybe 6 months old.. its ..somewhere.. around here lol

Maskoi's post on group-able AC augs (updated through EoK)

RoS group-able augs
  • Marquise Cut Ruby Ornament - The Overthere (Saber) = AC: 45 HP/MANA/End: 400 Agi:0+15 Dex:0+15
  • Fragment of Ethereal Steel - The Overthere (Needle) = AC: 65 HP/MANA/End: 240 Sta:0+15 Dex:0+11
  • Amplified Amber Gemstone - Skyfire (a scree-borne magmite) = AC: 45 HP:465 MANA/End: 335 Str:0+15 Sta:0+11
  • Magnetic Lodestone - Sathir's Tomb (Xalgoz the Arisen) = AC: 45 HP/MANA/End: 450 Agi:0+12 Dex:0+16 Cha:0+16
  • Earth Love - Gorowyn (Overlord Teralov) = AC:70 HP/MANA/End: 270 Sta:0+16 Dex:0+12 Cha:0+16
  • Eye of One - Gorowyn (Rekatok One-Eye ) = AC:45 HP: 520 MANA/End: 380 Str:0+16 Sta:0+12 Cha:0+16
  • Krazzi Stone - Gorowyn (Wulthan High Inquisitor Kraz) = AC:45 HP/MANA/End: 450 Agi:0+16 Dex:0+12 Cha:0+16
  • Wisdom of the Kylong - Veeshan's Peak = AC:0 HP: 380 MANA/End: 520 Int:0+12 Wis:0+16 Cha:0+16

The RoS T1 1h and 2h dmg augs also drop in Skyfire, though the Conflag tradeable ones are similar. Upgrades are in Gorowyn (21dmg - 2h) and Howling Stone (13dmg - 1h.)

Last edited:
Question - Heroic WTF? Old player returning to game, not to be taken too seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back