• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

help? (1 Viewer)

Im still confused can someone please help? is alot of post's a good thing? or is it bad? i havent a clue and W0W? does that mean world of war craft? and EQ2 what is it? i need help badly...

Im still confused can someone please help? is alot of post's a good thing? or is it bad?

That depends...If you ask ALOT of dumb questions, then alot of posts is a BAD thing. If, on the other hand, you ask ALOT of intelligent questions that require people to think and give good responses, then ALOT of posts is a GOOD thing.

ALso, if you contribute to the general knowledge base of the site with good information, again ALOT of post would be a GOOD thing.

So as you can see, it simply depends on what kind of poster you are.

WOW does stand for World Of Warcraft, and EQ1 and EQ2 stand for Everquest 1 and 2.

Hope this helps.

There's no sure-fire way to tell how reliable someone is on the forum but you can make an educated guess by using the features of the forum. For example:-

Lion heart - This is someone's nickname
Little cute forum newbie! - This is a description "normally" based on how many posts you have. The more posts the better the description. You can however change it manually.
[] - There's also a little square next to a post count which shows the reputation of a user based on what people thought about previous posts of theirs. If you hover over the square with your mouse you can see "Lion heart is an unknown quantity at this point" which means you've not had many people comment on your posts.

If you look at all of these things you can see that in your case you joined within the last two days, you only have two posts and your title is "newbie" whereas someone like Boswell joined over one year ago (Jan 2005) has 1,848 posts and "Boswell is on a distinguished road"

And as anon said, WoW = World of Warcraft, EQ1 and EQ2 = Everquest 1 and 2 respectively. :)

Enjoy your stay and feel free to PM (Private Message) any of the regulars here for help with stuff. :D

EDIT: I just noticed I'm no longer "on a distinguished road" - Anyone know why that is? (it better not be because someone took a redcent away from me for no reason) *shakes fist* :(

threads merged

Lion Heart...what exactly do you want to know...first rule of forums...explain yourself in detail if you want help...

help ( P ) (hel'p)

To give assistance to; aid: I helped her find the book. He helped me into my coat.
To contribute to the furtherance of; promote.
To give relief to: help the needy.
To ease; relieve: medication to help your cold.
To change for the better; improve: A fresh coat of paint will help a scarred old table.
To refrain from; avoid or resist. Used with can or cannot: couldn't help laughing.
To wait on, as in a store or restaurant.

help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back