• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Help with MoveTo please (1 Viewer)

ashtray24

RedCents
Hi All

I just need some help on the MoveTo command

1) My toon just carries on running off to his death when last loc is reached. :o
2) Need him to turn and face a direction before taking off!
3) and to make turns more realistic and not just snap into the direction of the next loc.

Oh and if possiple the command to target self to cast a buff.

More than one method for targeting yourself. Here are two:

1. /keypress F1 (mimics in-game functionality)
2. /target ${Me.Name} (welcome to the object model behind Macroquest!)

As for MoveTo:
1) No explanation, other than possibly lag. Ideally, MoveTo Loc stops you dead in your tracks once you reach the target loc. I have experienced "runover" when lag affects processing time, but that's a real exception.

2) One option would be to (a) /face heading ###, then (b) delay ##, then execute your MoveTo. See Macroquest documentation for all of the options for /face.

3) See 2). You can add as many /face -- /delay pairs as you want to get the displayed behaviour you want. You could also get fancy and write a subroutine that takes the desired heading and desired time to turn to face that heading as input parameters and decides on its own how many "step" turns to make. Eg. Sub FaceMe(90, 2) would turn you to face 90 degrees, taking 2 seconds to complete the partial rotaion. It's also quite possible someone has invented this wheel already :)

try using an emulated forward movement with a slow /face command at the beginning of each movement routine, it should make your character run in a natural wide arc, as if you were at your computer making a wide arc to your next mapped location.

Thanks all.. some good sugestions.
Sorry for all the noob questions in /target ${Me.Name} must i replace with my toons name or is this variable already set, reason for the question is I would like to post the macro when done and dont want to give SoE trolls some free info.
so far i like /keypress F1 I forgot about that

Ok i will plunder through the docs again could have been that I missed a few things that would answer my questions

/target ${Me.Name} is complete and executable as is. Try it in "immediate"
mode and see what happens.

It is very easy to play around with the object model by using /echo #### in "immediate" mode. Some examples:

/echo ${Target.Level} will display the level of your target, NULL if you don't have a target.

/echo {$Me.Exp} will display your numeric progress towards your the next experience level, where reaching 330 triggers the next level

/echo ${Target.Class.Name} will display the descriptive class of your target (Warrior, Shaman, etc).....nice to know if that mob yer about to engage can cast or not!

Help with MoveTo please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back