• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Help with ebay (posted in general nonmember forums) (1 Viewer)

D

disparu

I don't intend to spam every forum, but i posted for help in general nonmember forum in regards to ebay searching, I may need the help of a dev for this.

http://www.redguides.com/community/showthread.php?t=14072

i just wanted to make sure as many eyes saw it as possible.

Thanks for your time...if someone comes up with a solution can i give a redcent for it?

Nothing most companies sell that I can think of would do that for you. But most likely with some ingenuity you could build some if you are a programmer. Otherwise I would send a message to ebay ustomer service and see if there is something and if not would they like to implement one=).

This would take the skills of a programmer, one versed in webservices.

If your not a programmer and your company does not have a programmer then you would want to contract this out.

Is there any money being offered for this utility?

im afraid not, company usually has humans do the searching which is extremely tedious especially when you have t odig through 20k plus auction listings...

SystemSystem
Initial Question/Comment: Searching
1:22:26 PM SystemSystem
Gino O. has joined this session!
1:22:26 PM SystemSystem
Connected with Gino O.
1:22:31 PM nullGino O.
Hi! Welcome to eBay General Live Chat! My name is Gino O. I'm here to assist you with your general concerns and/or questions. I really do appreciate your patience while waiting. How may I help you today?
1:22:59 PM nullS.Disparu
I can't seem to find a set a search strings available in the advanced seaerch options
1:23:50 PM nullS.Disparu
I need to search for ebay users that have a minimum number of listings. Ex a search for ebay users with 200 listings or more
1:24:22 PM nullGino O.
I see. One moment please while I check on that.
1:24:38 PM nullS.Disparu
thank you
1:24:47 PM nullGino O.
May I know what links to you see at the advance search page? What options do you have there?
1:25:28 PM nullGino O.
If the page you are in right now has little option, there should be another link for the complete list for the advance search in that page.
1:25:42 PM nullS.Disparu
yes ive already explored the advanced search page
1:27:02 PM nullS.Disparu
the closest thing i could find is multiple item listins option but that is only for a single auction with multiple items, i need to search for ebay users selling a minimum of 200 items
1:27:20 PM nullGino O.
To search for sellers with more than 200 listings, you may see that at the "Multiple item listings" at the advance search page. It is at the lower part of the advance search.
1:27:28 PM nullS.Disparu
err 200 individual listings rather
1:28:13 PM nullGino O.
Then you may click on the drop down arrow that says at least and choose exactly 200 items.
1:28:30 PM nullS.Disparu
but that is per auction
1:29:40 PM nullS.Disparu
that only returns auctions that have 200 available items or more, i need a search that returns users with 200 individual listings or more
1:29:41 PM nullGino O.
An auction is considered a listing in eBay.
1:31:49 PM nullGino O.
I see. Just to clarify, you want to see listings that has a quantity of more than or equal to 200?
1:32:14 PM nullS.Disparu
I want to see users that have a quantity of 200 listings or more
1:33:48 PM nullGino O.
200 listings that are similar or the same correct?
1:34:05 PM nullGino O.
May I know what you are trying to look for so I may help you with that?
1:34:56 PM nullS.Disparu
ok here is exactly what i would like to find, I want to know which eBay users based out of Greece are selling 200 individual items or more
1:36:55 PM nullGino O.
One moment please.
1:37:08 PM nullS.Disparu
Thank you
nullGino O.
Thank you for waiting. May I know if you have any specific item in mind?
1:39:22 PM nullS.Disparu
no, im searchings for users
1:39:56 PM nullS.Disparu
i want a list of users in Greece that currently have 200 auctions or more
1:40:50 PM nullGino O.
Let me try looking that for you.
1:40:55 PM nullS.Disparu
thank you

here is what has transpired so far!

I had a buddy who used to have a program to search ebay for stuff in a certain price range and a certain item. Kind of like the bazaar search mule on EQ. He made a good living at it buying low selling high. Most of the time he would sell stuff in the paper that he got off ebay. He is in real estate now and says he doesnt have the program anymore. He programed it. with help of course. So it is possible.

Help with ebay (posted in general nonmember forums)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back