• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->
  • Unfortunately, yes, there is a suspension wave happening around the new tlp launch. :'( Please keep regular discussion to Suspension MegaThread and please consider submitting a Suspension report to RG.

Help needed to complete sub-class quest (1 Viewer)

marks001

RedCents
I am a Lv 19 warrior trying to complete my sub class quest to become a gaurdian.
In the qest I need to kill the gnoll leaders in a secluded valley. I killed the first the waves of gnolls that you meet. Going further in the valley, I have managed to kill two leaders using the master gnoll rage combat ability.
The next step is where I need help..It appears the nest step is to go to the inner cicle and kill a gnoll priest and cleric but I keep getting killed.
I there anyone who has completed this quest and can offer any hints on how to complete it ?
I would appreciate any help offered.

HELLO

FREEPORT SIDE.

This is the quest for progessing from a your intermediate class to your final class for fighter types of Freeport. It can be obtained at level 18-19 and you will not be able to progress to level 20 until after you complete it. It should be noted that will not receive your final class until hitting level 20, however.

* Speak to Captain Monarvia inside the Freeport Militia guild house in West Freeport.

(She can be found upstairs on the second floor)

* Find a piece of Dervish information in the Commonlands. I should keep an eye out for anyone carrying a note.

(The mob your looking for is called "a Dervish go-between" and runs the area north-west of the hidden canyon station where the vulrichs are up to the Dervish camp at the captains deck. It's a solo level 17 mob, kill it and get your update.)

* Return to Captain Monarvia

* Slay the Dervish criminals in the Serpent Sewer storage room.

(This is a solo instanced zone in Serpent Sewers located at -255,60. You must slay Tongo the Beefus or the Dervish Kingpin in this zone, the Dervishes are not required.)

* Return to Captain Monarvia.

Congratulations on obtaining your class.

QEYNOS SIDE:

This quest is required to become a guardian for those who play in Qeynos. It can be initiated by Delacar Mithanson at level 18 or 19. You will not become a guardian until level 20, but must have completed this quest before then.

The first step of the quest is to kill 25 gnolls that give experience (meaning no grey gnolls). After doing this return to Delacar in North Qeynos.

He will then teleport you to a special istanced zone where only you can enter. Kill the two leaders of this instance to complete the quest.

Here are some tips by Fernalla that might help:

Once you kill the 25 Gnolls in Antonica and return to Delcar Mithanson be ready to be zoned directly into the final step once you talk to him. After dying 2 times I finally completed this by doing the following (Hint... you WILL need a ranged weapon to make this easy):

1. Took out the 2 roving threesomes of Gnolls in the entry canyon 1 at a time.
2. Hugged the left wall after leaving the entry canyon and took out the Bloodsaber Commander.
3. Still hugging the wall, waited until the mob in the middle of the valley walked towards the entry valley and then ran across to the opposite wall.
4. Took out the 2 & 3 groups of Tactician Protectors 1 at a time and then ran across to the opposite north-south wall.
5. Took out the Tactician Leader.
6. Reversed the process so that I was standing on the South-North wall looking into the stone circle and took out the Defiler from there. I did not need to kill the mob in the middle of the valley at all, nor any of the Defiler Protectors.
7. Then ran like heck for the entry passage where a fellow Guardian waited for me to talk to him and he zoned me out.

Help needed to complete sub-class quest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back