• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Problem - Help! My druid won't stick (1 Viewer)

Avenka

RedCents
121¢
OK, so for a long time I 3-boxed my team of BST DRU BRD the old way with alt-Tab. As such I have a large amount of what I do being handled in game with chat commands. I decided to give EQBC a shot but I want to use it mainly for group movement and starting my ingame macros from my main. (The BST) I actually feel like I have everything working except for one minor flaw, I tried the makecamp function (Sans bard) and my BST would return to camp like a good kitty, but my druid would never leave camp. She'll target,attack, and cast like I want but I always want my druid right there attacking too for her weapon procs and she just will not /stick to the mob like my two melee characters. I know I could work in a manual command either through EQBC or her own social macro but I still raid the old way because I don't want something to go wrong while I'm still getting used to it. So instead I'm hoping that there is a setting I can adjust to have her act like the battle druid I have built her to be. Thank you in advance and please remember that I'm still learning so assume I don't know enough to shorthand what you're talking about.

Howdy Avenka,

Sounds like you are having fun with Very Vanilla / MQ2 which means you're off to a great start!

I'm assuming you're using Kissassist for your druid?

You will want to ensure you have MeleeOn=1 in your kissassist_druidname.ini file under the [Melee} section

INI:
[Melee]
AssistAt=99
MeleeOn=1
FaceMobOn=1
MeleeDistance=75
StickHow=snaproll
AutoFireOn=0
UseMQ2Melee=1

also I made a little video highlight for some other newer RG Members which might help you out.

Also there are many of us who are hanging out in the #general_chat on the RedGuide's DISCORD should you ever get stuck and need some immediate help - we're here for you!

*Full disclosure* I'm not using Kissassist currently but rather MQ2lite. As I said, I wanted to test it out. Not to worry though, so far in my searching RedGuides will be where I hang my EQBC hat and likely soon.
Your response was not exactly the answer to my problem but it did point me in the right direction. Since MQ2lite doesn't have an editable ini file containing this information I couldn't fix it directly but I was able to edit the /melee settings through the in game windows and now my Druid is back to smacking (or biting in wolf form) like usual.
Thanks Sicprofundus

*Full disclosure* I'm not using Kissassist currently but rather MQ2lite. As I said, I wanted to test it out. Not to worry though, so far in my searching RedGuides will be where I hang my EQBC hat and likely soon.
Your response was not exactly the answer to my problem but it did point me in the right direction. Since MQ2lite doesn't have an editable ini file containing this information I couldn't fix it directly but I was able to edit the /melee settings through the in game windows and now my Druid is back to smacking (or biting in wolf form) like usual.
Thanks Sicprofundus

I've never heard of mq2lite - is that from another site?

Glad it pointed you in the right direction I guess =p

Hope you join us soon!

Problem - Help! My druid won't stick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back