• You've discovered RedGuides 📕 an EverQuest multi-boxing community 🛡️🧙🗡️. We want you to play several EQ characters at once, come join us and say hello! 👋
  • IS THIS SITE UGLY? Change the look. To dismiss this notice, click the X --->

Discussion - Help me with my team configuration (1 Viewer)

DodoDude

RedCents
201¢
I'm looking to add a main group to what I am using. This group will end up with full ROS raid gear if that helps make any decisions.

Current backup group full conflag gear: Warrior, Cleric, Druid, Wizard, Enchanter, Mage

Here is what I have planned for my main group: <TANK>, Shaman, Bard, Ranger, Berserker, <LAST SPOT>. My question is what should go in the Tank and DPS spot. Tank spot options I am considering are Warrior or SK. Last spot is Ranger, Berserker, or Beastlord...

Help me choose!

SK for tank
Zerker or beastlord for last spot. You haven’t said what you’re doing with this group, so it’s kinda hard to provide informed advice. I often run with a SK, CLR, ENC, RNG, WIZ, ZERK and totally love it. I like beastlords a lot, although their buffs are kinda in conflict with the shammy buffs, so maybe not best idea for you. What about a Mage? Coth is super helpful, and they do pretty well with bard support.

Last edited:
The group is just going to be my core group, always running along side the caster group. I might end up boxing a bunch of non- super pimped guys 1xpac behind, but these two groups will be my solid core.

Then why not ditch the shaman for a cleric and the bard for an enchanter? That’s EQ easy mode. I pull 8-10 mobs at a time in Chardok with a SK in all chase gear and conflagrant visibles with those support classes.

Current backup group full conflag gear: Warrior, Cleric, Druid, Wizard, Enchanter, Mage

Here is what I have planned for my main group: <TANK>, Shaman, Bard, Ranger, Berserker, <LAST SPOT>

If you're going to run them together as a 12 man setup, I'd move the Cleric to Group2 and do:
  1. War - Dru - Ench - Wiz - Mage - (Add a caster DPS)
  2. (SK) - Clr - (Brd) - (Zerk) - (Zerk) - (Bst)
Either of these groups can stand alone if needed, they have tank/heal/CC, but it lets you split them into a caster-focus group and a melee-focus group to share the synergy stuff. The melee group doesn't have ports, but you can sub the wizard in if you're moving them together.

You can set the healers to use extended target heals and put the alternate tank in their Xtarget1 slots, so they'll pinch heal the other group's tank.

Beast is better assist-DPS to a melee group than Shaman, while still giving decent buffs. Beast Dico reduces weapon delay and you can keep it up about 60% of the time on fights. Beast/Bard is also a great endurance regen group for melee. Shaman provides the stat/dodge bonus and Lion's proc melee buff, but I think BST brings more overall.

If you want to trust your Ench for all CC, you could squeeze out more DPS by dropping the Bard and going Zerk times 3 in the second group.

Beaslord will buff and has biggest mana regen in game. If I had a full group in ros raid gear I would want a monk and bard as next 2. The 3 rank spells and disciplines will give them crazy burst dps. Sk for tank, cleric healer, and maybe a wiz. Play that bard right and the wiz will do sick damage.

Im learning towards sk, bard, beast, berserkx2, and wiz. Eventually swap sk and wiz for war and cleric. Just not sure yet :) I'll still be missing shaman buffs, but I'll gain beast and more Dps

Remeber that your main tank group needs the access to classes with spell and melee damage reduction like the bard and cleric aa. Monk buffs is over looked a lot but i think its worth it.

Im switching to test. I plan to do raiding with bots. Just pimping out my solid core group. Im adding sk, bard, beast, wizard, zerkerx2. That will be 4 t1 dps, 2 really good pet classes, 2 tanks, 2cc/support, and 2 healers.

While grinding the 2nd group will speed things up

Discussion - Help me with my team configuration

Users who are viewing this thread

Back